(Y8) 2017 Week 2 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your scores here!

2. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

haha, post at the same time G. You can go ahead and delete my thread.

Missouri gets manhandled by JCA and his Hurricanes 34-14. JCA scores on the first play from scrimmage with a pass to his half back that my linebacker I guess decided he didn't feel like covering, lol. It was downhill from there. The Canes defense was all over the place. JCA did an awesome job of disguising blitzes and was usually at my qb before my receivers even got off their bumps. I've actually never seen anything like it, my guys were still 3-4 yards into their routes and being pushed around when he had 4-5 guys at my qb.

After 1 try in the second half I gave up. I didn't want to embarrass myself further and continue to turn the ball over. So I put the clock on conservative and just ran the ball. I did manage to punch one in on a straight running drive, though I believe JCA was playing pretty conservatively at that point. Great game JCA. This is going to be a long year for the Tigers.

3. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Oklahoma lays a whoppin on Cincinnati 49-7. And after five conference championships in seven seasons, my program stability is now a C+. nice

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Good game Mizzourah, my team was just in the zone. Like I told you in the text, that's the best defense we've played in years. Don't get too down, you guys will be fine. Ford is a beast. Good luck the rest of the way man.

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Auburn takes down Clemson 35-14. The game really came down to turnovers, as the Tigers (of Alabama) forced 5 interceptions. Clemson's fast, aggressive defense kept this one respectable, though, as I never quite got into rhythm offensively. I only managed two field goals off of my first two picks. On defense, I tried to get cute a few times and got burned deep. Once I simplified, I was able to limit the big plays and secure the win.

There's no doubt in my mind that Clemson's going to be a serious player in a season or two. Watch out, Miami!

6. Iron Mickey

It's called cheese. Miami is a bunch of cheesy asshole pricks over there.....:rolleyes:

7. Iron Mickey

Good win leggo my Ego!

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

56-28
    3-1;)

9. Dean

Dean Walk On

Nebraska beats Utah 34-17. We struggle early but then able to pull away late with some big plays on offense and forcing turnovers on D

10. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Cal's QB goes robo in this game and gives Bama some trouble through the air. Nevertheless The Tide take the win 31-13.

11. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Georgia beat FSU 27-0 as they dominate this game in every facet.

12. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

South Carolina loses a heartbreaking and controversial triple overtime thriller to the Oklahoma Sooners. Oklahoma opened up a 21-7 halftime lead but South Carolina fought back to tie it at 21. An Oklahoma interception set USC up to take it's first lead of the game which they did with just over a minute left but OU drove down the field and tied it up with less than 30 to send the game in overtime. The first two overtimes the teams matched each other score for score. In triple ot Oklahoma got the ball first and scored but then on the two point conversion they were stopped leaving the door open for USC. On the first play Fields ran the ball and got a good gain, but was stripped going to the ground. The replay showed he may have been down but it was very close. USC had a chance to recover when the LT fell on the ball but he failed to grab it. Of course the whole overtime periods my backup hb had to play because my starter was apparently too tired!?! It's dosappointing to have a great back that can stay on the field because he has 68 stamina. South Carolina will look to recover in a hurry as they must travel on the road again to face the rival Georgia Bulldogs.

Great game tuco, and good luck in the Big 12 and National Title race.

13. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State comes back really impressive versus #7 Notre Dame shutting them out 24-0

14. Iron Mickey

damn tough loss King

15. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Oklahoma beats South Carolina 48-42 in triple overtime and one of the best user games I've been in a long time. The Sooners twice led by 14 before Carolina battled back to tie it in the fourth quarter and then take a 28-21 lead with 1:19 remaining after OU quarterback Mike Stewart tossed an interception. Stewart redeemed himself with a seven play drive scoring drive that tied the game at 28 with 30 seconds left, sending the game to overtime. Both offenses scored td's on each of their opening two possessions. In the third OT, Oklahoma scored a touchdown in the opening possession of the third but was stopped at the one on the mandatory two point conversion try. On the Gamecocks first play, SC running back Taurean Fields ran to left side before being met with a crowd of defenders. From indications from the replay, a South Carolina lineman falls back and knocks the ball out of his hands and the Sooners recover. It also appears that Fields might have been down. Very close call.

As I mentioned to Ceps, they should allow coaches' challenge in user games, or at least provide an option to do so within the dynasty setup. I doubt they have effectively removed plays that could be overturned, which are in games against the Cpu. It does appear that this may be one of those plays.

Outstanding game Ceps, like I said in the text, shitty way for a game to end

16. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Very tough. Maybe it decides my fate, but it is still a looonng season so we will see.

17. Iron Mickey

we will be advancing here in a minute. GSU playing now

18. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

After my close loses to SCAR in back to back years, I have little sympathy! ; )