(Y8) 2017 Week 3 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your scores here!

2. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Clemson survives a scare in Maryland to win 27-21. The coach has decided to bench starting QB McClellan for the more experienced senior QB Ernest Oliver.

3. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Miami crushes Virginia in their ACC Opener 51-13. Miami returned 2 interceptions for touchdowns, bringing their early season total to an impressive 4 in 3 games. While their young secondary has given up quite a few yards, they have been very opportunistic and helped the 'Canes put points on the board.

The 'Canes are off next week before traveling up to Chestnut Hill to face Boston College, the first of 2 rivals in 3 weeks.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

While my run defense stinks your pass D is swiss cheese!!

5. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Understatement, but Antonio Jennings thanks you. He just wishes all his college games were that easy.

56-28
    3-1 :D

6. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri wins a dogfight against TCU 52-35. My secondary sucks this year. TCU had 485 yards of total offense. Every time I thought I had put the game away they would complete a 30-40 yard pass on a deep fly route that their wideouts miraculously caught.

7. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

FSU recovers from their disappointing week 2 performance and takes out BC 28-19

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Auburn wins a fun, funky, and frustrating game vs Utah, 42-27. This one was a lil' bit crazy.

On Utah's opening drive, a three and out is saved by a roughing the penalty call. My first ever! The Auburn D' buckles down and forces the punt soon after.

The Tigers offense then came out roaring, as QB Jonathan Jordan shredded the Utes through air. Once in striking distance, Coach Ego called a play from deep in the playbook that NEVER seems to work (in practice mode), but the cocky SOB tries it anyway. Blam! Interception (first highlight).

Utah then connects on a "WOW!" 3rd and long (second highlight), only to go up 7-0 on the very next play via a screen pass involving a HB on 3 gallons worth of red bull (third highlight).

Auburn responds, as red-shirt freshman Hawthorne takes a carry 60 yards for the TD. But wait! There's holding! The Tigers still manage to put together a successful drive to score. But in a flash, Utah connects on a bomb. 70 yards for the score!

Flash forward and the Tigers are up 21-14. On a pass play ... Jordan sees no one open ... so the guy pulling his life strings (me!) attempts to R2 his ass to get out of the pocket ... but accidentally hits R1! The result? Another freakin' pick (fourth highlight).

The Utes eventually go up 24-21 ... but the Auburn D' steps it up and forces the punt. But wait, it's a fake! On the ground! And it freakin' works (5th highlight). Thankfully, Auburns holds Utah to a field goal.

And from there (luckily), it was all Tigers. Aside from the two interceptions, Jordan was phenomenal on the ground and through the air. Both Hawthorne and Jenkins ran extremely hard. It was a it of a scare, but we'll be better for it!

9. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Coach Petersen departs in an ugly way in South Carolina as the Gamecocks fall 45-21. Every time I need to make a big play RTP made one instead. I couldn't keep it close this go round, but hopefully I can get things turned around in Michigan.

Good game RTP and good luck in the SEC Champ and maybe national championship.

10. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

thanks man! great game as always King. I am going to miss you being in the SEC with us man. Good Luck in Ann Arbor. I hope the fresh start will be good for you and the program.

11. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Oklahoma crushes the Buckeyes 41-10

12. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Boo Buckeyes!!! I have to get used to my new team, good win over my rival :D

13. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

[​IMG]

14. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

VT falls again this time to rival GT 41-28..game was not as close as the score says..late touchdown by the Hokies and GT actually playing SIM and running the clock