(Y8) Auburn Tigers

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Fred Limbo, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

The Tiger Pride will report games here as well as have weekly: "Coach Notes and Quotes"

2. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Week 5:
    New Auburn coach Fred Limbo takes over a 3-1 Tiger team loaded with 24 SR's and with the looks of the recruiting board the last staff did not have a keen eye for talant. This too will change, on the the game recap.

1st Q:
    The tigers come out trowing the ball well and score 2 TDs in the 1st behind the Arm of Newton hitting T Zac on a 21 yard strike and Kodi Burns from 15yds out. AU Defense stands strong allowing nothing.

2nd Q:
    The AU train keeps rolling with Cam connecting with Adams on a diving 8yd TD catch and and then Dyer pokes one in form 4 yds out to make it a 28-0 Game. The AU Defensive Q starts calling diffrent plays testing and Tuning the Defense and gets burned for a score by ULM. Newton quikly strikes back with a 53 yd bomb to Blake for a TD. 35-7 Half

3rd Q:
    The Tigers call off the Cats in the 3rd but Newton does manage a nice flipping TD run to make it 42-7 and was the starting players last time on the feild.

4th Q:
    Dyer does score his 2nd TD of the game and was in the game because of injury and lack of depth. 49-7 Tigers.

Coach Notes and Quotes:

"Team looked good but the ground game must improve"

"Cam played lights out look at the stats"

"To any recruit out there looking at us it's simple: We pay more"

"We look for a tough game on the road vs the Kentucky Wildcats"

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

Cameron Newton 22 17 310 4 0
    Barrett Trotter 3 3 61 0 0

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long

Michael Dyer 26 105 2 13
    Cameron Newton 3 23 1 11
    Mario Fannin 2 16 0 16
    Eric Smith 1 0 0 0

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long

Terrell Zachery 5 92 1 44
    Darvin Adams 5 89 1 33
    Kodi Burns 5 84 1 31
    Philip Lutzenkirchen 3 57 0 22
    Emory Blake 1 53 1 53

3. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Nice recap fred... lol You know the old saying you get what you pay for.

4. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Tis true

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Week 6 The AU travels to Kentucky and win 38-19

1st Qt:
    Tigers come out sloppy and fumbling and turning the ball over. Defence holds giving up 2 FG's one an impressive 53 yder. Newton hits Adams on a 65 yard strik. 7-6 good guys.

2nd QT:
    Newton scores on a 4 Yd run, tigers hold to a 3 and out and are inside the 5 driving to score. Newton gets pick 6'ed for 98 yards on a WR bubble screen. 14-12 Byrum kicks a FG as time expires. 17-12 Half.

3rd QT:
    Auburn Coach changes his game plan drastically from the pass 1st O to the lets pound them O and take the Opening Kick Off on 5min 16 play drive behind the leggs of Dyer.

4th QT:
    After a 3 and out the methodical drive starts again and goes 4 min and 13 plays to score again leaving the wildcats with 2 min and down by 19. AU playing a lax D Kentucky drives to score 31-19. After an onside attempt AU drives and scores again 38-19 Final.

Coach Notes and Quotes:

"New 4-2-5 Defense worked nice and when we announced we where going to the 4-2-5, ESPNU Top 150 SS Trevor Petty Committed"

"Nice over all game Cam and Dyer played very well Darvin had a nice game at WR."

"We did a nice job in ball controll with a 20:09 to 9:19 advantage in time of Poss."

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

Cameron Newton 28 15 258 2 1

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long

Michael Dyer 25 127 1 21
    Mario Fannin 10 78 1 32
    Cameron Newton 6 33 1 21

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long

Darvin Adams 4 101 1 65
    Kodi Burns 3 63 0 25
    Quindarius Carr 2 28 1 22
    Emory Blake 1 21 0 21
    Terrell Zachery 1 16 0 16
    Michael Dyer 2 15 0 15
    Philip Lutzenkirchen 1 12 0 12
    Mario Fannin 1 2 0

6. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Arkansas comes to "The Plains" and pulls off the win 28-25 behind the arm of Mallet.
    Great Game JV

AUvsArk Stats.png

7. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

great game fred!!! even better recap

8. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I plan on doing a video this afternoon recaping mine and Fordtuffs game but I can say now it was a very good game well played by FordT. I can see us being bitter rivals for the years to come.

9. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Week 8
    AU 31 vs LSU 21

1st Q:
    Game started out with us feeling each other out. I thought i was moving the ball well at times but drives sputtered and I had to settle for a FG. He then hits Toliver on a 7o something yard TD pass were my DB was in perfect position to make the pick and spoofed it and ended up out of position to make a tackle. 7-3 end of 1st

2nd Q:
    A long hard 14 play drive ended when Cam punched one in from 5 yards out. Then asap Jefferson runs a QB draw up the middle for 77yds! WOW I was devastated. We get the ball back and drive again scoring on a Cam keeper on the option play. 17-14 Half

3rd Q:
    No Scoring only Defense

4th Q:
    Mike Dyer put his cape on and went to work wearing down the LSU defense. Dyer scored form 3 out we go up 24-14 LSU scored behind the legs of there RB Murrphy. 24-21 AU leading. We get the ball back with like 5 min left and crawl down the field to score again on a run by Dyer with :23 sec left.

Coach Notes and Quotes:

"was a great game by both teams they could not stop our run game and that lead to us a big win"

"Time of Possestion was a huge factor in us winning we had the ball for 20:46 and they had it for 7:14 thats what we want every game"

"Player of the Game"
    Rushing
    ATT
    Yards
    TD
    Long

Michael Dyer

10. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Week 9
    AU 45 - Old Miss 3 "Slapped Around"

1st Qt:
    Newton hits Burns for a TD we played good D 7-0

2nd Qt:
    We moved the ball good scoring 2 more TD's Dyer and Cam running. They moved the ball really well before the end of the half and get a FG.

3rd Qt:
    We kicked a FG

4th Qt:
    We dominated scoring on a run by Dyer and another pass to Burns and a run by Cam.

45-3

Coach Notes and Quotes:

"We looked good all game Newton really showed out throwing for 250 and rushing for 125"

"We picked up a nice Commit this week form Top 150 C Culp"

"Look to try some new things this week vs a Div II school"

11. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Week 10

Auburn vs some high school team....... Recap = BLOW OUT 70-14

Coach notes and Quotes:

"Second string was in after one series in the 3rd and we took the foot off the gas in the 2nd QT I know it does not look that way but 14 of our 3rd QT points were set up off turnovers giving us a very short field."

"We host the comish and UGA next week and hope we did not use up our fire power we look to install a few new plays this week and they turned out good"

"Cam played lights out again going over 300 and 5 tds and added 2 rushing"

"Just got a call they need a dog catcher in AU said they are a few strays running loose down there....looks to be bulldogs."

"Lets see if I can chain'em up"

12. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

WAR EAGLE BABY!!

!!

and great game comish I'll be comming over between the hedges next year maybe u get get some get back!!!

13. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

"Iron Bowl"
    Auburn 35 vs Alabama 14

1 Half
    We started the game off it was all Auburn. We got 2 turnovers and turned them into points. Cam was on fire trowing and running for scores and was on pace to break Bama's pride when he got hurt late in the 2nd qt. Determined not to take the foot off the gas in came Trotter and did a very good job. I think it was 28-7 hlaf.

2 Half
    We ran the ball well and played solid Defense. Dyer had over 100 and a few scores, and we forced like 4 turnovers in the game. Time to go bowling.

War Eagle
    Limbo Out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.