(Y8) Florida State Seminoles Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

[​IMG]

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Week 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Florida State Struggles Against Oklahoma State, Loses 14-24

On a rainy evening against one of the top teams in the nation, the Florida State Seminoles struggled to find any rhythm while failing to capitalize on their opponents mistakes. FSU would turn the ball over 3 times compared to the Sooners 1 turnover. Twice the Seminoles forced the ball on the ground, but could not come up with the recovery. A couple of sure drive-killing interceptions slipped through the FSU defenders hands, as coach nrg_qbz could only look away at in disgust. "When you are playing a team like Oklahoma, you do not get many second chances," said coach nrg_qbz. "Today, we had to be perfect in order to win. We were not."

HB DeMarco Murray ran wild for 156 yards on 26 carries to go along with his 1 TD run, while their QB completed 19 of 28 passes for 2 TD's...most importantly, no INT's. FSU's star QB Christian Ponder completed 15 of 22 passes, but had two costly INT's. The story of the game had to be FSU's HB Chris Thompson gaining only 8 yards on 7 carries. "With the Sooners controlling the ball and holding a decent lead, coach felt that we should go to the air more. Do I disagree? Of course. As an HB, you always want the ball in your hands. But I will do whatever he asks of me," said Thompson.

GG CP9. See you at our house next year.

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Florida State Rebounds from Previous Loss, Defeats BYU 41-17

One week after being criticized by the media for not showcasing their powerful running game, coach nrb_qbz and company went to town on BYU's defense. QB Christian Ponder completed 20 of 34 passes for 264 yards and 4TD vs 1INT. Most importantly, HB Chris Thompson carried the ball 22 times for 132 yards. "I wanted the ball last week and didn't get it. I wanted it today and got it. End of story," said Thompson.

Turnovers continue to plague the Seminoles, but they were able to outskill BYU and win on sheer talent. Leading 21-10 at the half, FSU allowed BYU to come out in the third quarter and score to make it 21-17. That was as close as BYU would get, as FSU scored 2 TD's and 2 FG's the rest of the way to put the game out of reach. WR Willie Haustead lead the charge with 95 yards receiving while Taiwan Easterling contributed with 67 yards. The Seminoles recovered 2 fumbles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.