(Y8) Missouri Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

[​IMG]

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Mizzou Loses to Colorado in a Turnover-Prone Afternoon

The Mizzou Tigers committed 7 turnovers and yet still took a 20-17 lead with around 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. However, in a display of questionable coaching, coach nrg_qbz decided to come out passing the ball rather than running time off the clock. The result was a turnover deep in their own territory, allowing CU to take a 24-20 lead. The ensuing drive saw QB Gabbert get sacked for a fumble, in which CU returned it for the final TD. "This was a frustrating game from beginning to end. Gabbert had an awful performance, but we can't blame it all on one guy," said coach nrg_qbz. "We have to pick ourselves up and move on. We can still turn things around."

The offense missed out on numerous opportunities, as large drops by the leading WR's on catchable long throws hurt the Mizzou offense time and again. Although they gave up 31 points, the Mizzou defense actually played a solid game. "We shut down their offense for the most part. I think the only players who could catch a pass were the TE's," said coach nrg_qbz. "However, we really put the defense in a bad situation with all those turnovers deep in our own territory."

QB Gabbert completed 18-30 passes for 354 yards and 1 TD vs 4 INT
    RB Henry Hosey ran 8 times for 30 yards

GG maij! At first I was curious as to why every interception kept resulting in a +15 strategy regardless of what down it was...and then I found out from Sabo that pass commit was allowed anytime lol. I'm so out of the loop, as I thought it was only allowed on 3rd downs. Dang it! GG brotha and see you in Boulder next season!

3. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

yea I had it set to aggressive due to my corners being so good, and you being a pass happy offense, you gashed me a couple of times with the running game.

GG

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Mizzou 1-Yard Short of a Game-Winning TD, Falls to Texas A&M 32-38

Texas A&M took a 35-17 point lead just minutes into the 3rd quarter. However, the Mizzou Tigers would rally back to pull within 32-38 near the end of the 4th quarter. Facing a 4th and goal from the 2 yard line with just 6 seconds showing on the clock, the Tigers called a dive play. However HB De Vion Moore would be stopped 1 yard short as the Aggies ran off in celebration. "After the tough loss to CU, we knew that a win this week would be crucial for the team morale," said QB Gabbert. "We just fell short." More critical for the Tigers is that Gabbert is now out for a month due to a hand injury. "Losing Blaine is going to be tough for our squad. We have Oklahoma coming up next and they don't care who our QB is going to be. We just have to be ready," said coach nrg_qbz.

5. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Turnover-Prone Missouri Loses 7-13 Against Oklahoma

The struggling Missouri Tigers found themselves hanging around in a close game with one of the top teams in the nation, Oklahoma. When faced with the opportunities to score the upset, the Tigers repeatedly came up short by giving the ball away. Three interceptions and a fumble contributed to their demise. "We did enough to beat Oklahoma on paper," said coach nrg_qbz. "Unfortunately, the game is decided on the field."

The Mizzou defense bottled up Oklahoma's passing and running game all day. With Oklahoma looking to put the game out of reach with just under two minutes left, CB Carl Gettis picked off Landry Jones in the endzone. A huge upset looked to be brewing...until backup QB James Franklin threw his 3rd pick of the day. "Hats off to that team. They are fast and talented," said Franklin.

With big, bad Nebraska coming up, the schedule does not get any easier for the Tigers. "We have a lot of soul-searching to do right now," said coach nrg_qbz.

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Mizzou Stuns #3 Nebraska, Wins 17-14

Reeling from 3 consecutive losses, the Mizzou Tigers shocked the nation with a surprising win over #3 Nebraska. TE Michael Agnew caught a 12-yard TD pass to put the Tigers up 7-0 after the first quarter. Henry Josey would add on a 45 yard TD run to make it a 17-0 halftime lead. The Cornhuskers would make it 14-17 with just two minutes to go, but the Tigers would convert timely 3rd downs to put the game away for good. "Great, great win," said QB James Franklin. "We felt that we could turn this season after our game against Oklahoma last week. It shows we can hang with the best."
    The defense really shined once again, forcing QB Taylor Martinez into 3 interceptions and making him uncomfortable in the pocket all day. HB Henry Josey easily had the best rushing game of his season, gaining 155 yards on 24 carries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.