Archived (Y8) NcAa MeGa BloG

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Mar 31, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Season 8
    Preseason

Preseason Expectations:

-Team Preview. You may 'freestyle' this part but just make it informative.
    -Preseason Accolades. Tag team this. If you have a conference 'buddy' y'all can split this how you see fit.
    -Let's strive to get this up as soon as possible. Don't want previews to run into Week 1/2 conversations.

Season Expectations

-Same things you've been doing. We'll feed off each other. Again you and your conference buddies can come up with a schedule on who posts what week. If your in a conference by yourself, every other week is fine. Conversation throughout is also recommended. Also, when your done all that please don't forget to remember that Ray Patterson is a motha f'n monsta!;)

2. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]

LSU Team Preview

Offense: Boise St.
    • 99 OVR QB Jon Welsh is back after missing the majority of 2016. He brings 90 THP and 99 THA to the party with a bit of athleticism as well. If he gets injured 94 OVR Cody Harper will certainly fill in well.
    • 94 OVR HB Ryan Atkins is back after a very good freshman campaign and he will look to build upon that season.
    • 83 OVR FB Jeremy Jackson will assist the OL and TEs in blowing open holes for Atkins.
    • WR is going to be a bit of an issue since stalwarts Brian Copeland and D.J. Hampton left for the NFL. 92 OVR Louis Hurd and 88 OVR Marcus Wesley will get the majority of passes thrown their way.
    • TEs Jamie King (91 OVR) and Adam Burton (88 OVR) will be big time threats this year.
    • The entire OL is filled with beasts, with the lowest starter a 93 OVR.
    Defense: 3-4
    • The DL is completely re-tooled from last year, featuring 3 SO(RS) players. It goes like this: LE is 87 OVR Ricky Miller, RE is Tyler Holland (87 OVR), and the NT will be Jack Malloy (93 OVR). Their main focus is stuffing the run and clogging up the opponents' OL.
    • Both OLBs from last year return: 98 OVR Alex May and 97 OVR Marvin Hicks. Their pass rush will be a key for this year's squad. MLB Troy Washington (95 OVR) steps into the #1 MLB spot after playing behind Michael Smith last year. He'll be joined in the middle by 85 OVR Jonathan Murphy.
    • CB is the extreme strength of the defense. The top 3 all feature 99 MCV and are fast to boot. The starters are 97 OVR John Newton and 93 OVR Avery Smith. 90 OVR Sam Austin will chip in as the nickel guy.
    • 99 OVR FS Ryan Bennett will be the field general and take out anyone over the middle. 89 OVR Matt Archie will man the SS spot after seeing time as a backup S last year.
    Special Teams
    • Since Aaron Luke (2-time Groza winner) left for NFL glory, FR 79 OVR Mark McRae will step in. He has a strong leg (95 kpw) but is highly inaccurate (67 kac).
    • 90 OVR P Brian Johnson is back for his 2nd season as starter. Hopefully he won't see much action ;).
    • CB John Newton is taking over the KR duties and we hope his speed will be an asset.
    • Almost no one is good at punt returns so we're giving FS Ryan Bennett a shot this year. What the hell?
    13 Scholarships Available

3. Maximus21

5 SEC players made the Pre-Season 1st Team All-NCAA team. Most notable to this blogger is the inclusion of LSU's HB Ryan Atkins and FS Ryan Bennett. ROLB Alex May garnered a 2nd Team nod.

4. Maximus21

Season Expectations:

LSU will win the SEC once again but fall in the BCS Title Game. This heartbreak will prompt Coach Maximus to leave the BCS race entirely and take over the Blue Raiders of Mid Tennessee State.

Conference Winners
    • ACC - Virginia Tech
    • Big 12 - Texas
    • Big East - West Virginia (really going out on a limb here)
    • Big Ten - Michigan (fuck Ohio St.)
    • PAC-10 - USC (need to see more from Cal)
    • SEC - LSU (Georgia will put up a fight in the East but ultimately fall to Florida. Vandy will suck)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

[​IMG]
    Georgia Bulldogs Preview:​
    Offense: Mississippi State​
    I will install my true spread offense after studying my favorite offensive mind Dan Mullen. Bulldogs will throw everything except the kitchen sink to confuse you. Alot of tricky because of the lack of talent. Options, reverses, and big WR sets,, . Bulldogs will use a deep depth chart meaning alot of players will play
    • Spring QB battle: Sean Williams vs. Steve Rhodes. winner: Steve Rhodes QB ; Starter ; " Steve looked good in spring (practice mode) and he has the wheels and can make plays on his feet. Right now he is our best option overall"

Defense: 3-4

Bulldogs have plenty of Lb's to fit the Coach_III's 3-4 defense so they will play that here in Athens. Secondary lacks in speed but the Bulldogs will play quite a bit of zone to compensate.

• Defensive player to Watch: DT Chris Guidry : Chris is a one man wrecking crew just what Coach_III 's 3-4 defense calls for make it work. Coach_III comments " We need someone to command a double team from the offensive line. Guidry is definitely that guy".

• Like Like x 1
  6. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

WELL-HEELED
    THE UNOFFICIAL BLOG OF 'NC NATALIE' FOR HEELS FOOTBALL FANS

Today, an interview with new head coach Big-Bear-W

Your Host - NC Natalie
    [​IMG]

Your Guest - Coach Bear

So, "Bear", tell me the most interesting thing about yourself?

Heck of a way to start an interview Nat, can I call you Nat?

No

Okay, Natalie, sorry about that

It's okay - hey wait a minute, you didn't answer my question

No, I didn't

So what is the most interesting thing about you?

Well, I guess that I came to coach football through a non-traditional route. For many years I was an attorney up in Toronto Canada.

Oh, lawyer tricks, that's why you tried not to answer my question.

Maybe

Lawyers are boring, tell us about football and why you came here to UNC

Well, as most people know Butch decided to retire and so when the regents went looking for a replacement they seemed to be impressed with my work for San Diego State.

You took over the Aztecs when Brady Hoke left right?

Correct, and I had a great time there. I hope to have similair success here at Chapel Hill. It will certainly be a different style of football here. We aren't going to throw the ball every where on the field and run a bunch of 4 wide sets... nope, we are going to strive for balance, but with a nice dose of smash-mouth involved.

I am not going to install a new playbook - I think Butch had a good mix going and the guys are familiar with it. Alot of our guys are going to be back next year [only 10 seniors are set to graduate] so there is a real chance to build continuity here. I'm going to focus on the culture first, not in a negative way, I respect the tradition of UNC, but guys have been underacheiving.

Sounds like a shot at coach Davis.

It is, but I need to send a message to these guys

That's not a very lawyer-like response, pretty candid actually

Well, it's the truth. Butch and I get along fine. I think the players here can do better and I think it starts with the mentality on defence that you are a ferocious animal that needs to attack, and keep attacking. That's missing here. Maybe they just need a change. We're going to run the 4-3, very traditional, but also with a very aggressive attitude.

Well good luck coach Bear, next installment perhaps we can discuss some of your players and how you see the coming year developing?

That would be fine Natalie, anytime...

Call me Nat [wink]

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'll take your .gif and I'll raise you one:

[​IMG]

9. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Is that a .gif?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Patterson, Wolverines Aiming High
    [​IMG]
    Offense
    Pro Style (USC)
    The Wolverines enter their 8th season under Coach JerzeyReign still searching for their first title. With the big news of sure 1st round pick Ray Patterson returning for his senior season things are looking up in Ann Arbor. Their biggest question (once again) will be which QB will get his weapons the ball. The Wolverines have three quarterbacks all at the same skill level. So far this spring Coach JerzeyReign has favored sophmore Cedric Hill over last year's starter, sophmore Joe Dixon. With junior QB Joe Brown also keeping pace the race for the starting spot will be interesting. Despite the brewing QB competition, the rest of the offense looks much improved over last year's squad which scored well over 300 points. Gone is starting HB Clarence Williams but Brad Bennett looks ready to take over the running load. With Randy Lyles also showing promise during the spring the Wolverines look poised to top 300 points again this season.
    Defense
    4-3
    A defense that struggled most of last season has not improved. In fact, it seems as if the defense has gotten worse. Losing key guys to graduation the Wolverines will need their offense to sustain drives if this defense has any shot of keeping opponent's offenses off the board. Senior DT Lance Hamilton and CB Julian Ingram were both named preseason All Americans but even those 'stars' won't be able to save this defense.
    Special Teams
    All American kicker Matt Nugent looks to finish off his stellar career in style. With only one career miss this young man may find himself inside the BCS Chaos Hall of Fame one day.
    Recruiting
    Scholarships: 25
    Team Needs: DT (2), K (1), SS (1), FS (1), MLB (1), OLB

11. Maximus21

LSU gets a commitment from :4stars:WR (#4) Jon Hunter. Wideout is our biggest need so it's good to get a signing there. Hunter has good quickness but D+ cth so the amount of impact he'll actually have is questionable.

12. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

[​IMG]

Team Preview:

Offense
    Mississippi State​

The West Virginia Offense returns a ton of players in key position. they return 9/11 starters from the offense that won a nation championship a year ago. The most notable return was heisman trophy winner Rob Patton who redshirted last season. The lone question mark comes at the qb position which will be held down by a freshman.

Quarterback -- The electric freshman Bryan Spears will start. Expect some growing pains with the freshman. Coach Boone says Spears is way ahead of most freshman that he's coached but will have to grow up fast if he wants lead this team back to the National Championship Game.
    "He is a true spread quarterback. He has the tools to throw the ball effectively and has the speed and quickens to keep a defense honest. The sky is the limit for him if he can learn to study the game and prepare like a starting quarterback should. It should be an exciting season."​

Running Back -- Mark Mayhew will start. Mayhew planned to transfer during the spring but Coach Boone promised to start him this season if he worked hard in the offseason. Mayhew did just that and looks to be in the best shape of his career at west virginia. Demarcus Johnson will spell him.

Wide Receiver/Tight End -- The Strength of the team looks to be the wide receiver position. Rob Patton and Joe Carter look to start on the outsides with Daniel Cooper holding down the slot position.

Andy Jackson will start at the tight end spot a season after winning the Mackey award.

Offensive Line -- The West Virginia line will be solid for the first time in a few years. It will be anchored by two outstanding sophomores, center Bryant Mccollough and Right tackle Bill Gray.

DEFENSE
    (3-4)

Under Coach Boone's tenure, Defense Has been a staple at west virginia. This is the first year where there are questions about the ability of this defense. The Defense will feature alot off new young faces playing key positions. The standout during the off season was Freshman outside linebacker Clerance Gore.

Defensive Line -- Johnson and Miles will hold down the ends off the line and defensive tackle position will be anchored by a rotation between Woodard and Romero.
    Linebacker -- Gore and Baily will secure down the outsides while Brown and Leonard plug up the middle.
    Defensive Backs -- Leroy Hayes returns as the #1 corner and will be aided by newcomer Ricky Jordan. Robert Bryant will patrol at FS and Trey Zorn will provide run support from the SS position.
    Special Teams -- Zackery Hughes will handle both punting and field goal attempts for the mountaineers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Buckeye's Season Preview
    [​IMG]

After last season's Rose Bowl Victory season. The Buckeye's can only wonder about what could have been if they had play the beginning of the season like they did the end, "As a Team".
    "There was so much finger pointing early on we didnt know what we were doing" said Junior RB Ross Glover' this year will be different promise. The Buckeyes start the season with a ton of question marks at very key positions, but they should dominate the trenches once agin, with possibly the best O-line in OSU history.
    Offensive preview:
    (Pro Style)
    The obvious question and the one Coach Benbuckeye spent all season figuring out. Who is the starting Qb? The answer appears to be JUCO transfer B. Thomas. Everyone thought it would be heralded young freshman Carlos Fry or returning starter Johnathan Moore. The problem was Barret was working his tail off and came in ready to play right away. Barret is a lifetime Buckeye fan growing up in the state and he siad it was a dream come true just to be offered a scholarship. Look for Barrer to hand the ball off too either JR Ross Glover or SR Adam Smith. If Glover continues his fumblitis Smith will see alot more PT. The Bucks are extremely young on the ends with true freshman burner WR Reggie Hargrove the top WR. As young an inconsistent as the skilled positions are the exact opposite can be said for the Oline. With 4 starters rated a 99 overall and the 5 a 98 you would be hard pressed to find a better oline any were in the country. That being said look for the Bucks to pound away agin this season.

Defensive Preview:

(4-3)
    The Buckeyes got terrific news in the off season when JR Micah Thompson announced he would return for his Senior season. That solidified The front 7 this year for the Bucks. The biggest question mark on defense this year has to be the cornerback position. The Buckeyes signed the number 1 ranked athlete in the country last year :5stars: Athlete Chad Powers and Look for Chad to start at one corner spot the other will be filled with a JUCO. Luckily for the young CB's the Bucks have a backfield full of talented safeties who can fill the nickel and dime spots in passing situations.The buckeyes appear to be very young on defense but have got a ton of speed and talent that can hopefully force some turnovers this season.

Special Teams:
    The football team will be holding open tryouts for anyone who can kick a ball over 50 yards......So if their are any Grass fairies out there interested in gainng trophies that mean something and can be sold later on for Tattoos..please go see professor Jim Tressel in his class. PS...there will also be sexual favors provided by UofM former head coach @JerzeyReign

Available Scholarships: 16

• Like Like x 1
  14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hey, as long as the current Head Coach (me!) isn't givin' the jobs (blow,hand,foot) than I'm cool with it;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Hunter is a DB playing his dream position....lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maximus21

Things are getting weird quick :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Preseason
    Predicted Finish:
    - #1 Ohio State
    - #4 Penn State
    - #7 Wisconsin
    - #8 Michigan
    - #15 Iowa
    - Michigan State
    - Indiana
    - Minnesota
    - Illinois
    - Purdue
    - Northwestern
    Heisman Hopefuls:
    - Ray Patterson, WR: Michigan
    - Sam Barnes, QB: Wisconsin
    - Gabriel Daniels, WR: Wisconsin
    All Americans
    • S.Barnes, Wisconsin
    • Ray Patterson, Michigan
    • Gabriel Daniels, Wisconsin
    • Keon Clark, Ohio State
    • Keron Avery, Penn State
    • Matt Nugent, Michigan
    • Bobby Davis, PSU (2nd Team)
    • Rob Chapman, Iowa (2nd Team)
    • Lance Hamilton, Michigan (2nd Team)
    • Micah Thompson, Ohio State (2nd Team)
    • John Stevenson, Wisconsin (2nd Team)

18. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Buckeyes get a much neededcommit from :5stars: TE Stan Parker. Stan si just a great all around Tight End with B hands and B rout running plus terriffic size at 6'7 240 pounds

They also landed

#8 ranked :4stars: T 6' 6 302 lbs Mike Nelson

#4 ranked :4stars: OLB 6' 234 lbs Jeff lawerence

#20 ranked :4stars: DE 6"4 220 lbs Keith Phillips

19. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Imma get no love in this thread...UGA program has went down

20. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Big 12
    [​IMG]
    Offense
    Multiple (Oklahoma)​
    With pretty much the entire offense returning, except a couple of offense lineman, coach Drunken is looking for big things this year. QB Brett Fields will lead the Longhorns he put up big numbers last year, including INT's an early Heisman candidate wont be asked to do as much this year as Coach Drunken is going to run the ball as the pass happy offense didn't relate to Wins and thats whats its all about at Texas. HB Randy Cox will benefit from this new coaching style and will have to step it up if The Longhorns are going to get back to the top of college football.​
    Defense
    (3-4)​
    After losing to top notch pass rushers to the NFL the Longhorns will be looking for some young guys to step up on the D-line and create some pressure, while the linebacking core led by Cliff Morris and Mark Watkins looks to be one of the strengths of the defense this year. In the secondary Texas will be pretty good with a lot of depth at safety and corner so will be looking for big things this year from the defense​
    Special Teams
    Despite having 2 freshman kickers things look pretty good as both guys came in at 80 overall, so we should be decent in this department besides the fact that i keep missing fieldgoals​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. BG

BG On The Rize!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notre Dame

Playbook: Utah State

Offense: In his first full season as the Head Coach of the Irish, Coach Forever will look to play to the strengths of the team he has inherited. Throwing the football is what works for the Irish and throw they will. With some good, but not great talent, Notre Dame will rely heavily on the depth they have, particularly at the WR position. WR's Bret Dorsey, Joe Harris and Ricky Brewer (to name a few) will lead a wide open attack for the Irish. Notre Dame does have a descent HB in Gary Pittman, but Coach Forever doen't want to run the risk in putting all his eggs in one basket. Toward the end of last season, QB Corey Walton showed promise in the last two games of the season including an Emerald Bowl victory of Louisiana Tech. However, JR college transfer, Marvin Thompson, brings a different element to the table and will challenge Walton for some playing time this season.

Defense: Perhaps the strongest unit of the team, the defense is lead by MLB, Tyler Robinson. Robinson lead his team in tackles from a year ago (68) and looks to continue his stellar play under the new regime. Because of the multiple talented players on the defensive side of the ball, Coach will institute a Multiple look which utilizes different sets to keep opposing offense offbeat. Look for the Irish defense to help stabilze an average team.

Prediction: The Irish will be competitive this season, but are a year or two away from becoming legitimate contenders for anything. Look for Notre Dame to finish the season 8-4 which will match last seasons campaign.

All-Conference Performers: As of now this list looks to be very short as they Irish are looking to be competitive. With that being said, look for MLB Tyler Robinson to be the only standout this season!

• Like Like x 1
  22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I have to remember that Notre Dame is forever and not DS:)

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    #23 Notre Dame @ #7 Michigan
    Irish Look To Upset Wolverines
    [​IMG]
    Ann Arbor, MI- On Saturday two of BCS Chaos legendary coaches face off for the first time in their Chaos careers as Coach Forever leads his #23 Irish into the Big House to face #7 Michigan led by Coach JerzeyReign. Both teams are coming off good wins last week and both look forward to their early season test.
    Notre Dame looks poised to run Coach Forever's pass happy offense to perfection. Last week, C.Walton went 31/52 for 521 yards with 4 scores against 3 interceptions. K. Murphy was Walton's favorite target as he grabbed 11 passes for well over 200 yards and will probably garner alot of attention versus the Wolverines. The defense of the Irish looked to have some trouble with the Bearcat's rushing attack but did hold Cincy to 2-11 on third downs.
    Michigan turned to their rushing attack during last week's 27-14 win over Rutgers. Their passing attack was knocked off early but Bryce Bennet carried the load as he ran for 234 yards on 34 carries with two scores. Three Wolverine QBs attempted passes on Saturday and combined for 4 interceptions in the win. Their defense showed holes in the secondary and may be an issue against a team that loves to throw the rock around.
    On Saturday one thing will remain true: Winning will not be easy. Losing will not be an embarrassment.

• Like Like x 2
  24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Man, I'm going the 'big boy' route this season and so far I'm gettin' raped. By week 4 I'll probably go back to the 'my way':)

25. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

[​IMG]
    Rivalry Time
    Uga looking to gain their first win. They are hoping their first win will come with and SEC victory as well. After the first two losses the Bulldogs hopes are high with the their dreams still alive for competing for an SEC championship. Coach III " Our goals are still well in with reach to accomplish what we started out in the beginning of this year". Uga keys to winning is to keep the Gamecocks of the field and limit turnovers.
    Gamecocks favored : 12​

• Like Like x 1