(Y8) Week 3 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Feb 13, 2010
    Posted up at 7:55 pm
  2. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Oct 25, 2010
    Gators Knockoff Trojans 20-3 to Stop Florida Sweep
    The Trojans were looking to complete their sweep of the state of Florida as the Gators traveled to LA. As expected the game was a defensive battle that was decided on a few key plays. After failing to score in the first Qtr each team connected on short FG's in the 2nd Qtr and setup the first big play of the game. With the half winding to a close the Trojans were driving looking to get a score going into the half and hopefully gaining the momentum for the 2nd half. But Coach HAL91000 defense would have none of that as the Gator Safety picked off a Trojan pass at the Goal line killing the USC threat and giving Florida the chance to take control of momentum. The Gators quickly moved down the field and took the lead 10-3 when the Gator QB found his TE in the end zone for a 3 yard strike. After a scoreless 3rd Qtr the Gators moving inside the Trojans 10 yard line with a chance to extend their lead to 14 points. But the Trojans defense stiffened and forced the Gators to settle for a FG and kept the Trojans hopes alive. But the Gator defense would have none of that and shut down the Trojans offense and forced USC to call on their defense one more time. But as the time ticked away the USC defense began to wear down and could not get the stop they needed and Florida put the game away with 58 seconds remaining with a 1 yard run.
    It was a great game by HAL9100 and I look forward to next years game. This was the first time we have played and it was really fun and enjoyable. Now if I can just figure out that Gator defense. Good luck to HAL9100 as he prepares to open SEC play.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Jul 15, 2011
    Featured Threads:
    The offensive key for the Gators was their ability to beat the Trojans deep. There wasn't much consistency in their offense so the Gators tried to grab hold of some holes in the secondary and it ended up working. Without that, this would've been a very low scoring game for both sides.

GG uagrad90 - I was planning to do a writeup this morning but I don't have much to add.
  4. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Feb 12, 2010
    We did it Lou! Fighting Irish finally knock off Michigan
    Notre Dame started the game with the ball and put together a nice time consuming drive that ended in a short TD pass by Campbell. Defense stepped up and forced a punt but the offense with a ball on the 2 yard get stuffed in the backfield for a safety. Michigan put up a TD late in the half to go up 9-7. However with 20 secs remaining in the half Notre Dame forces a fumble on the return and takes it to the house to go up 14-9. The defense came up once again to start the 3rd forcing another punt. Gray would have a monster return inside the Michigan 30 to give us great field position. Campbell this capped the drive with a 17 yd TD run giving us a little breathing room 21-9. Driving again in the 4th Notre Dame completed a huge deep pass on 3rd down to keep the drive alive and eventually score again to seal the game.
    • Like Like x 4

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Jun 23, 2009
    Was a good game by capp, i really couldn't get much going. The fumble before half really sucked. With how many games i've won just on a one play swing over the seasons, this win was well deserved by capp. He's always my toughest competition year in and year out. I'm glad campbell is gone after this year! Going to try to run the table and make some noise and hopefully get my rematch with capp in the NC if the cards fall right!
  6. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Oct 8, 2009
    UCLA Game Stats
    M. Jackson 18-32 470yds 3tds​
    G. Foster 22car 157yds 3tds​
    J. Moore 4rec 173yds 2tds​
    D. Moore 7 solo tackles​
  7. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Jul 19, 2010
    Davis shows Heisman form
    1.JPG 3.JPG 2.JPG
  8. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Nov 26, 2010
    Noles show up in a big way defensively, win 34-14. Only scores from UNC were turnovers returned for touchdowns.
  9. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Jan 7, 2010
  10. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Feb 10, 2011
    Sorry I am so late I have been going through some things at home.
    ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 25 17.27.jpg ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 25 17.26.jpg
  11. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Jul 26, 2011