(Y9) 2018 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Dec 28, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

As TUCO mentioned on skype, there are only 18 5 star players on the list this year. With Bama, UNC, UGA, Mizzou, OU and USC being the only 6 star prestige programs, the pool of 5 stars will be heavily recruitied by that bunch, not to mention the other pretigious 5 star schools. The 4 star class is loaded with talent although the HB and WR speed players is not that of the past few seasons. Several teams are off to a great start so lets see how this thing plays out.

2. runthepound

The Georgia Bulldogs received a commitment from a 4 star MLB as soon as the offer was extended. This commitment helped fill a need for the Dawgs and now efforts can be focused on other positions.

Clayton Mack is a MLB prospect can develop into a great player after a year in the system. He will have a chance to come in and learn/polish up his abilities before being his name is called on. He has good speed for a MLB. His tackling along with his block shedding and his pursuit angles were some of the attributes that were appealing to the Bulldogs staff.

[​IMG]
    Georgia is in good position with several other prospects already in this early season. As prospects start to set up visits, things should start to heat up on the recruiting trail and hopefully the Dawgs can repeat the success they have grown accustom to the past 2 seasons under Coach Runthepound.​

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Good score, Run. I'm glad I waited til' late to do my first week of recruiting. I would have ended up dedicating an hour for nothing!

I'm telling you ... if I manage a good class this year, I'll feel fortunate. This was my worst starting point since I've been a coach in this league. I was concerned in Week 1, but things looks to be shaping up to be okay. I should know for sure after Week 5. I'm cautiously optimistic.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Oklahoma State state has reeled in two 4-Star commits thru week 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. egofailure

Yo, lazy ass, what about posting Ellis' attributes? ; )

6. runthepound

Georgia received another instant commit in week 3.

Will Black is a FS prospect that popped up on the UGA radar at the beginning of the season. Black is an oversized safety that will come into the program as a FS, but may grow into an OLB before his career is over. He has good speed and acceleration for his position as well as good tackling attributes. His coverage skills and block shedding techniques could use some work, but thankfully he will most likely not be called upon during his first season on campus. Black will redshirt and hone his skills for year 2 and beyond.
    [​IMG]

This commitment gives the Dawgs 2 Top 150 prospects already this early in the season. There are alot of other recruits that are high on UGA at this time and hopefully we can ink a few more before visits start.

7. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama got their first commit in week 1 from the #2 defensive tackle in the country. He is a big athletic DT and will be a beast on the inside and will demand double teams.

[​IMG]

8. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Wisconsin still has yet to sign any recruits, but they have been moving up the board and are the #1 school for most of the guys they are going after. The next few weeks should be a big step in bringing in the right guys to build around for the future of the program.

9. egofailure

Auburn had its first 3 commits of the 2018 season over the weekend.

Texas native Shaun Jenkins, cousin to Tiger HB Jermaine Jenkins, leads the group as ESPN's top TE in this year's class (#58 overall). While Oklahoma State was deemed the clear-cut favorite at the start of the season, Coach Ego made a strong push for the talented duel threat and convinced him that the SEC was the place to be. "I've heard nothin' but good things about Coach since Jermaine enrolled at Auburn," said Jenkins. "My father attended OSU, so I always thought I'd be a Cowboy, but I had to do what was best for me. Auburn's the better program with the better coach." When asked about his visit, Shaun went on to say, "I saw their two tight ends combine for over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns. Auburn is heaven for a guy like me."

[​IMG]

Auburn also added this year's #1 rated DE, Jeff Thomas, a player who could is expected by many to start and make an immediate impact. The Tigers will graduate 4 defensive ends at the end of the season, thus, this addition was a crucial one.

[​IMG]

Auburn continues to add depth to their offensive line depth, as Dwayne Larkin opted to stay home and play for his beloved Tigers. Clarke will red-shirt his first year and battle for PT in 2020.

[​IMG]

10. JFunk34

Bama will pick up some key players during the season but nothing like years past. With this team's youth we just don't seem to be getting the interest we are used to.

11. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri has 2 four star recruits in a SS and a DE. I will take pictures if I can ever get back into the damn dynasty wire! I am in JFunk's boat. It is really weird that last year I had to let 5 star guys go, like Underwood (cough, cough, JFunk) and now I have like 2 interested in me this year.

12. egofailure

Am I the only one enjoying the "struggling" 6 stars this season? ; )

[​IMG]

13. JFunk34

Yes mizzou Underwood wil be a good one for me.

Ego shut your hole.

14. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Anyone have any other screen capture programs for a Mac that they use other than Jing? I have been using Jing and it has worked great until today when my username and password no longer work.

15. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Notre Dame has quickly addresses a major need on the recruiting front. The Irish have secured six commitments, five of which will play on the offensive line. Heading the group are four star prospects in center Patrick Leak and guard Manuel Winston. ND beat out rival USC and former rival Okie State for Leak and North Carolina for Winston.

16. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Damn you...I wanted leak bad.

Post their stats! I am curious

17. jca312

jca312 Walk On

shift+command+4 does the same thing for you on a mac

18. jca312

jca312 Walk On

You're losing O-Linemen left and right ;)

19. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Patrick Leak
    Speed
    C
    Strength
    B-
    Agility
    C-
    Awareness
    D-
    Stamina
    D+
    Injury
    B
    Blocking
    Pass Block
    C+
    Run Block
    B-
    Pass Block Strength
    C+
    Pass Block Footwork
    C+
    Run Block Footwork
    C
    Run Block Foot Strength
    C

Doesn't appear to be anything special but enough to play very soon

20. runthepound

Georgia signed 2 more players after the week 6 win against Alabama....both of these guys were in attendance.

Zach Cooper is an OLB that decided to play for UGA after watching the Dawgs beat the Tide in Athens. Cooper was a soft commit to Auburn coming into his visit, but after seeing a great game and the style of defense played by the Dawgs, he decided he wanted to be a part of the Georgia Tradition that Coach Runthepound is building. Cooper has great coverage skills for a high school senior. A redshirt year will do him some good with his his tackling skills and his block shedding skills lacking a little....not to mention that UGA has a nice slew of OLB's at the moment. Cooper's addition adds some quality depth.

[​IMG]

Donnie Jefferson is a top notch center that also saw took in UGA's win over Alabama. Jefferson had also given a soft commitment to another school before attending the game. Jefferson had shown heavy interest in Miami before his visit. Yet again, the Dawgs were able to turn his commitment. Jefferson is also a redshirt candidate.He is a plan ahead type guy that will start during his 2nd year on campus. Jefferson's attributes wil be spot on for him when he gets his chance to play. Another great pick up for the Dawgs.

[​IMG]

21. JFunk34

Bama picks up a few key recruits over the past two weeks. The big one is from David Wilson the #1 DT prospect in the country. He will join Sam Powell the #2 DT prospect to help bolster the Tide's interior line over the next few years.

[​IMG]

Bama also picked up two great DE commits from the #3 DE Matt Green and the #6 DE Jonathan Pugh. Bama had been on Green from the beginning but discovered Pugh late. After one week of talking to Pugh he got a scholarship offer and accepted immediately.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bama also picked up a commit from FS Jess Lewis out of Texas. He will definitely need some time to develop and work on his coverage in zone but is very athletic but at the very least he will provide good depth over the years.

[​IMG]

22. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

The Badgers have signed three recruits so far. None of them are really guys that we will be building the program around, but these players should provide some depth for years to come.

Bryant Lewis will provide another big body to clog up the middle.

[​IMG]

Travis Archer will need to develop nicely, but he has a lot of potential with the combination of his 6'4" height and A rated speed.

[​IMG]

Jeremy Hurst provides the offensive line with extra depth.

[​IMG]

23. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

24. runthepound

Georgia's class has finally taken shape and is nearing its limit. After a 2 week run of visits, the Dawgs now have 10 commits and currently have the #3 class. All of Georgia's signees are in the top 150.
    [​IMG]

Dan Reid is a 4 Star JUCO HB that will pay huge dividends right away. Reid brings a speed and quickness that Coach Runthepound hasnt had on his team since Max Jackson at UNC. Reid is a bigger back that can break a tackle and take it all the way. Reid will probably get some playing time during his first year.
    [​IMG]

Todd Sanders is a 4 star SS Prospect that may end up moving over to the FS position. Sanders has really good speed and acc for a SS which is one of the reasons he may shift over. His tackling attributes as well as his coverage skills will help him develop into a great player.
    [​IMG]

Ricky Miller is a 4 star JUCO WR that has speed to burn and great hands to make the catch when he is needed. Miller is good enough to start for Georgia from day one and will likely fit nicely into the mix at the WR position.
    [​IMG]

Robert Carter is the 2nd MLB that has signed with UGA this season. Carter filled the need that the Dawgs had at that position due to the gradutaion of stud MLB Jonathan Holt. Carter has great attributes for the 4-3 and fits the mold for what the Dawgs need.
    [​IMG]

Eric Baker is a 5 star Guard that will come in and get some playing time in his first season. He is ready to play the day he steps on campus. Baker may need to add a few punds to help fill the hole next to the center, but that aint nothing a few bacon cheeseburgers wont fix.
    [​IMG]

Tony Evans is a 5 star SS prospect that the Dawgs sealed the deal with after the win against Tennessee. The Dawgs beat out alot of programs for this big time player. Evans will most likely start from day one at the SS spot. What he lacks in quickness, he makes up with his coverage skills. Speed is not his greatest attribute, but he will be a perfect SS for the Dawgs system.
    [​IMG]

This could possibly be one of the best classes that UGA has ever signed with the quality of players from top to bottom. There are only a few spots left and the remaining targets are visiting in the next week. We will see how Georgia's team fills out from here on. It's Great to be a Georgia Bulldog!

25. egofailure

Fuckin' Funk! Cooper's coverage skills are better than remembered, and he would have hit the field as a Tiger from day one. I should have none better than to expect any favors from my arch rival. ; ) Great work, though, Run'. You're stackin' talent at a feverish pace.

Funk, great late grab with Pugh. I noticed he was neglected a couple weeks back and put on the full-court press. Just when I thought he was mine, you decided he was worth spending a scholly on. Dang ...