(Y9) Week 1 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dean, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dean

Dean Walk On

OSU starts the season off nicely with a 48-14 win over Virginia. Both QBs played and we've decided that SO Corey Rucker will take over for All-American Antwan Hill.

A full week of practice, then we host Mizzou and his tigers

2. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Wisconsin defeats Cal in Berkeley in an epic game. In an extremely back-and-forth game, Cal scores a touchdown with less than a minute left to bring the score to 49-48 Wisconsin lead. Cal decided to roll the dice and go for the all-or-nothing two point conversion. After letting Cal score at will all day long, the Badgers defense finally stood strong and came up with the stop forcing an incomplete pass to pick up a big win on opening weekend.

3. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Also, in other news Wisconsin's starting halfback Jovan Miller injured himself on the Badgers' first drive. The junior will miss the first 9 weeks of the season. Senior backups Joe Fisher and Tristan Breedlove will need to step up and carry this team for most of the season. The two combined for 27 carries and 239 rushing yards and 5 rushing touchdowns against Cal.

4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

great game Thoov, this was truly one of the best user games i've ever been part of. When the first Qtr ended and i was up 14-0 i knew it wouldn't last long and by the half when it was tied 28-28 i started telling myself damn i let it get out of hand. Then the 2nd half i just couldn't stop your backs for shit..then the 4th Qtr my team wants to show back up and make it a game again...when i scored to make it 48-49, i didnt 2nd guess myself go for two!!!fuck OT go for the WIN!!!! and screwed myself because i did not get it..That running game of yours will be hard to stop in the Big10

5. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Michigan forces and recovers 4 first quarter fumbles, including returning 2 for tds, to jump out to a 24-0 lead on Rutgers. From there it is smooth sailing for the Wolverines as the cruise to a 52-9 victory.

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Damn. I wish I could have watched the Cal/Wisconsin game.

7. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

It was a blast to play. We both have some high-powered offenses and neither of us had strong defenses.

8. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

yeah it was a real classic Pac10 vs Big10 game as Cal threw the ball all over the field and Wisc ran the ball at will

9. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Mizzou takes out BYU 52-14.

10. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama tops Oregon 34-7. I won't take anything away from sabo because he played a good defensive game but Coach JFunk got a reminder that Blaine Miller is in the NFL now. QB Brandon Foster has some talent and potential but he can't make some of the the throws that Miller could. Miller threw 3 interceptions all of last season, Foster threw three in this game trying to make throws that Miller could have made. Good learning experience for Bama moving forward. Also make sure you check out sabo's highlights. His one TD was one of the greatest runs I've ever seen, check it out. Great game sabo.

11. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Funk played a great game. Unfourtunately my team took a beating (suprise suprise lol). I need alot of practice. Great game funk, good luck the rest of the way.

12. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

UGA defeats Houston in the 2018 home opener 52-21.

13. jca312

jca312 Walk On

The Florida Gators travel to South Bend and take down the Irish 27-7. The Gator Defense applied pressure and forced key turnovers, recording 7 sacks, 2 interceptions, and a fumble recovery. Defensive Tackle Stephen Lawson earned Player of the Game honors after sacking Irish quarterbacks 5 times in the game.
    Next up, the Gators will host the Florida State Seminoles who are licking their wounds after a thrashing at the hands of the Auburn Tigers.