(Y9) Week 10 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by uagrad90, Mar 30, 2012.

1. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Advanced Wednesday Night 10 PM​

2. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

#3 USC Comes Up Short in Loss to #2 Notre Dame
    The 3rd ranked Trojans traveled to South Bend to face the 2nd ranked Irish in a game that carried BCS Title implications. Based on past history between the two coaches, every time their teams have meet the games were hard fought low scoring contest that are decided by one or two big plays. This match-up looked to be no different as Coach capp34 had his Irish team loaded with talent and speed all over the field. The game started as expected as the two teams traded punts as they tried to get a feel for what each team was doing. The first big play came late in the 1st Qtr when USC qb Murray found All-American TE Robinson open down the seam for a 49 yard TD pass and the Trojan grabbed an early 7-0 lead. The two teams continued to swap punts until midway thru the 2nd Qtr when then next big play happened when Notre Dame missed on a 40+ yard FG that hit the left upright. The 1st half closed at 7-0 when USC missed a huge opportunity to extend their lead to 10-0 when their kicker short sticked a make-able 52 yard FG. The 3rd Qtr continued to be dominated by the defenses until late in the Qtr when Notre Dame converted on a 33 yard FG and cut the USC lead to 7-3. One of the biggest plays of the game came early in the 4th Qtr when Notre Dame executed a beautiful option play and picked up 43 yards and moved their Irish deep into Trojan territory. A few plays later HB Edmonds scored from 2 yards out and Notre Dame took the lead 10-7. The Irish defense continued to frustrate the Trojan offense throughout the 4th Qtr and looked to have sealed the win when they stopped USC on a 4th and 2 inside the Notre Dame 30 yard line with just over 2 minutes to play. But the Trojan defense which played outstanding all game long forced a 3 and out and got the ball back to their offense with 50 seconds remaining. USC moved the ball down inside the Irish 30 yard line and with no timeouts the Trojans head coach could not remember which button to hold to spike the ball so they were forced to go no huddle and run a play into the end zone. But a pass into double coverage resulted in a pick and sealed the win for Notre Dame.
    It was a great game by capp34. I just cant get over the hump versus the Irish.

• Like Like x 2
  3. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Guy pretty much summed up our game with his post. Very hard fought game as usual but I got very lucky because his guys dropped about 3 picks that would have been huge. Im just glad I escaped, my last test of the season will be against Clemson with my BCS title birth on the line.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

6. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG