Yar 2 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shibdib, Oct 8, 2010.

1. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Year 2 Week 9

Not even close!

NC State - 41
    Virginia - 7

NC State came out throwing against the Cavaliers of Virginia. Setting an NCAA record in the process.

On the first play from scrimmage, QB Mike Glennon completed an 86 yard strike to Heisman trophy long shot TJ Graham. This set a new NCAA longest pass record and sparked a high powered offense into overdrive. With 598 total yards, NC State showed that their record is deceiving, this is a team that can put up points in the bunches. Glennon finished the day with 331 yards 4 TD's and 2 INT's. Graham continued his hunt for an award with a 6 reception 185 yards and 3 TD receiving day. Brandon Barnes had a nice day on the ground with 143 yards and a TD.

The Wolfpack defense played good as well, not allowing a 200 yard passer and holding the HB to under 100 yards for the day.

With 4 wins and only 3 games left, NC State is playing for pride. And if they keep playing like this they may be able to make these final 3 teams regret playing them.

2. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Yarrrrrrr.. im a dumbass. haha can a mod fix that for me

3. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

VT Comes Out Strong, Never Lets Up In Huge Upset of #2 BC
    [​IMG]
    An early lead proved to be enough to get the Hokies rolling towards victory over the Golden Eagles. Darren Evans (above, running from defenders) once again had an efficient day on the ground to pace the offense.

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA
    -- After Boston College ended the 09-10 Hokies' BCS and ACC title aspirations last year, the team was seeking revenge. They got it. The Hokies received the opening kickoff drove down the field and scored to draw first blood and never looked back as they gave BC their first loss of the season and possibly ended their National Championship aspirations. The scoreboard read 34-17 when it was all said and done. Quarterback Logan Thomas had one of his best performances of the season as he completed 13 passes and threw for nearly 300 yards. "This is the first game where i've seen Thomas look like a player who could carry an offense through the air while we are struggling to gain yards on the ground" said Coach Frank Beamer. "He made some big throws today and the receivers made them pay after the catches were made" said Darren Evans. Danny Coale, the #1 wideout, had a great game underneath while Marcus Davis was the big play receiver catching 2 touchdowns. "Our offense definitely showed our ability tonight in all areas" said Thomas. The defense didn't have a bad night either holding the BC Eagles to their lowest point total of the season with 17. They picked off the BC team 3 times which was a major source of momentum for the Hokies. "We had a very good team defensive game, everyone made a big play" added Beamer.

As the season begins to wind down it appears that the Hokies still may have a chance to finish #2 in the BCS rankings if they run the table. The 2 losses that VT endured to start the year have many national pundits scratching their head. "I am very surprised we are ranked this high after the losses at Michigan State and Georgia Tech" said Evans. The biggest tests that remain on the schedule is next week when the Miami Hurricanes roll in and the ACC Championship game. That Championship could be a potential rematch between the Boston College team and Virginia Tech, a scenario we saw last season. "We will see what happens, one week at a time" said Sophomore Quarterback Logan Thomas smiling wide.

Offensive Players of the Game:
    QB Logan Thomas 13-for-21, 296 yards, and 2 touchdowns.
    Defensive Player of the Game:
    CB Jayron Hosley 6 tackles and 1 sack

[​IMG]

First Quarter
    03:39 TD Virginia Tech Darren Evans HB #32 5 yard rush
    00:49 TD Virginia Tech Darren Evans HB #32 0 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    01:58 FG Boston College Nate Freese K #85 39 yard field goal
    00:11 TD Virginia Tech Marcus Davis WR #7 41 yard pass from Logan Thomas QB #3
    Third Quarter
    03:31 TD Virginia Tech Marcus Davis WR #7 61 yard pass from Logan Thomas QB #3
    01:31 FG Virginia Tech Dante Meade K #17 33 yard field goal
    01:02 TD Boston College Chris Pantale TE #81 17 yard pass from Mike Marscovetra QB #16
    Forth Quarter
    03:41 FG Virginia Tech Dante Meade K #17 39 yard field goal
    02:01 TD Boston College Sterlin Phifer HB #21 3 yard pass from Mike Marscovetra QB #16

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Not sure VTech beating BC is ever a upset but nonetheless it's a huge win for you. Sucks that your gonna have to beat him twice, he's very good.

5. mboda

mboda Walk On

Good game Bosox. Fuckin ints killed me. Hopefully i see u in the conference championship again.

6. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Absolutely, take away the turnovers and we are neck and neck all the way. I was relieved to get the lead early and not have a close one like our first game we played which I won 20-10. Hope I'm not having deja vu from last season with the win here and a loss in the ACC Champ game.

@AJH, Yeah not a huge upset, but a huge win for the program after starting the year 1-2. Especially with last year's games and how I got clobbered in the Champ Game I wanted revenge hence why I thought it was an upset. Hope to see you in the National Championship AJH, thinking I can leapfrog some teams.

7. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Man, I still have a tough road ahead of me.. S.Carolina, FSU and probably LSU again. If I can make it through that gauntlet, I'll be very confident with whoever I play at that time.

8. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Wouldn't mind if you lost either ;)