Yay or Nay

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by The Rulah, Mar 19, 2014.

1. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

Edit: Question has been answered, I won't waste anyone else's time.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    As someone who went through an increased workload recently, I voluntarily stepped away from the league because I knew it wouldn't be possible to keep up. I gave up my favorite team because I knew I wouldn't be able to do everything I needed to and now I came back after thigs settled down. If you have time to play the game you should be ok being able spend 15 minutes on a write up or just lose more:). In all seriousness get your real world in order if you haven't been able to shop for groceries it's time to step away for a while.

My 2 cents.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Game summaries take 5 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    You had a warning already to do summaries and didn't do them.

I also find it a bit funny that you found time to write up this post but didn't ever write a recap.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Back in the day we had another Jets owner who was a really good player OMlawdog , he kicked the shit out of pretty much everybody he played ( I had the lead on him at least 3 times before disconnect :( ) , mostly he just destroyed Baron and crushed his will to live ...... I'm off track hold on ....

Point being Lawdog is a married guy with kids, and a busy career (lawyer). No offense to him but his re-caps were never epic or anything but he still did them so we had some idea of what was going on.

So any excuse you have is gonna be hard for some of us to swallow. Furthermore , beating people down by 50+ points and running for 400 yards in the process is not the "TSO way" , so when you do shit like that and then add no basic game recaps or any other content that looks like you don't care about anything but playing games and winning. That is something we could find in ranked game lobbies.

• Like Like x 8
  6. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I'm a busy guy too. I have a career, a family, a social life outside this website. However, I am able to take 5-10 minutes and write a game summary. Saying you don't have the time because you are busy due to work, I'm sorry it is a cop out.

If you don't have time to go buy groceries then you shouldn't be in a league anyway. I'd like to think my personal life/work balance should be straight prior to adding a video game league to it.

That's my two cents like many others. Bottom line though, reviewing the way you've played other people, the crazy score lines and stats, and th lack of summaries was the cherry, not the only thing. If you have a hour and a half to play a game 2 to 3 times a week. You can take 5-10 min to write a recap after each game.

• Like Like x 7
  7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I have been massively busy during my time at TSO... but now my kids are older I don't coach anything anymore...but still have 3 kids at home, 2 of the 3 in sports year round w/ School and travel teams. I have a wife, we take vacations, we travel with our kids sports teams...I have a career that is demanding and yet somehow I managed like many other guys in the league to crank out my game summaries as requested. From your post I gather you are a single guy? Its going to be a really hard sell with most guys around here...guys with careers and kids..to say you couldn't take a screen shot of the game score or stats and give a four line paragraph about the game is really kind of insulting.

I am a huge fan of content, and the game nerd I am love to know what is going on around the league and games..I don't do a ton of extra content...but I make sure to do what is asked and I try to participate in the threads about rookies, the draft and off season...etc.. I noticed the Jets winning games so I looked for anything that might tell me a bit about the team and season and found nothing.

As you mentioned this is part of the way I do what I want to do in my life outside of the every day grind, a hobby...I think what Mas and the other leadership was asking from us as owners was very fair and level headed...it isn't over the top in any way...

The thing I think your missing here is this league isn't about you man...its about all of our experience in it.

• Like Like x 8
  8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im looking forward to coming out of retirement in two years.

Also, you forgot to add that Im damn good looking.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

The first Super Bowl was an ass-kicking the second one was very close!

:cry:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

In regards to the game with the 399 yards rushing, it wasn't actually as crazy as it seems. My first drive of a game, I try the speed option, the defender goes after the RB and there is no one behind him. Geno runs 80+ yards for the TD (Geno is slow, so there was literally NO ONE behind the defender). My second drive of the game, I try a reverse with a WR, he breaks a tackle, takes it to the house. I now have around 130 yards rushing less than 3 minutes into the game from 2 running plays. I believe my 2nd or 3rd score was a big run as well. The half ended with me having greater than 200+ yards rushing. The 2nd half starts, there is nothing left for me to do but run the ball since I'm already up substantially. I think I only had 11 pass attempts in the whole game. Now if I should have set my scoring cap at 56 (or even 49) instead of 63 then that's my miss and an easily fixable mistake. I have had a grand total of 0 complaints in regards to my game play. No one has paused the game to hash things out or even mentioned anything while we were talking. I spread the ball around to literally every receiver and running back available and have a good balance of run vs pass (just look at the team stats). Further, I use a very diverse play mix on defense. I actually enjoy playing defense more so than offense.

Now in regards to the game summaries, I get it. I should have taken 10 minutes after the game to post them instead of adding them to the list of things I'd get to when I had a chance. I know I'm not the only one here with a very busy life. I know I'm not the only one who has ever been a little lost in the sauce. I'm a young professional, in my first role on a high profile team, I got caught in the whirlwind, it happens. I apologize for not being an active content contributor. I underestimated the value of summaries and content in this league. The other TSO leagues I've been in do not hold summaries in such high regard.

I am not trying to excuse my lack of contribution. A few minutes for a game summary and some incremental speculative content is a very reasonable ask. I'm requesting an opportunity for redemption knowing that I've previously squandered just that. One chance. If I miss a game summary from here on out, I'll remove myself from the league.

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

The summaries aren't required to burden the owners with homework assignments each week. It is just a minimum expectation with the hope that the owner would want to share the results with the rest of the league. Anymore, with Upload Studio, twitch, and the CFM site, there are some tools to let the media tell the story for you as well.

The league doesn't just want an owner to post the summary after each win. The core league members want more core league members. They want guys who enjoy the camaraderie of the league. Discussing, chatting in chat box, streaming games, watching other streams and chatting, getting to know one another. Of course, not everyone has time for that. So, the minimum expectation is minimal participation. If that isn't possible, then it's just not a good fit. There are plenty of other leagues available on the net that may cater to a more results based owner.

• Like Like x 5
  12. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    You quit you don't get a vote :) In North Dakota Minutes its 5 in 'Merica its 10 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Since stats from our game are being discussed, I'll chime in. I should just also use the new Twitch feature because video's tell all; with that said I have no qualms w/ taking an L. I actually enjoyed my loss to TEClemson53 , But I know for a fact you abuse overpowered plays 90% of the game. No secret that some plays are more effective than others and when "those" plays are ran at a high rate success is a given. Not taking away anything from you as you actually have stick skills, but the abuse of OP plays tarnishes your rep. If this is the first time you're hearing of this I am not surprised. This league is geared to be a gentleman's league, the emphasis while still stressed by the commish are not totally sought out by the members. And addressing in game issues are not a huge priority as they would be in premier leagues etc...
    Stats are a skewed bench marking for assessing play style of members, so I encourage you not to use that as a plea in your argument.
    All that said, this still isn't the place to discuss anything further really; I chimed in again because our game was referenced. If you have questions or seek examples I have no problem talking through PM.

• Like Like x 3
  14. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    I plan on recording all of my games even with the twitch's just for shits and giggles. Almost to use as a scouting tool for future opponents of my opponents. Like game film if you will.

15. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    I am liking this because it was funny not because i think you are good looking because i leave the men crush stuff to Baron

• Like Like x 1
  16. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Baron thinks about me quite fondly. I am the closest he has come to winning a title. Plus, Im lovable.