Year 1 Recruiting Trail

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Jul 18, 2011.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

WEEK 1 SIGNINGS

[​IMG]

• :3stars:OLB Kyle McCoy. A long, rangy kid (6'4") with pretty good speed for his position. Position of need for the Utes but they would prefer he RS and develop.
    [​IMG]

• :4stars:DT Jason Powell. His strength is his lack of flaws. Grades very well in almost every important aspect for a DT. Amazing pursuit for a DT.
    [​IMG]

• :4stars:DT Bryan Stevenson. Slightly stronger than Iowa's Powell but not as nimble. Still, another DT that chases ball carriers wherever they go and doesn't give up on a play.

• :4stars:T Lawrence Miller. At 6'8" and 261lbs, he has alittle bulking up to do but his skills are already there. Has great technique and will be a great road grater for UM's ground game.
    [​IMG]

• :3stars:C Adrian Peterson. Can struggle with his footwork in the pass game, but other than that, he's a solid pickup for the Gophers that should be a starter by Jr year.

• :1stars:WR Troy Miller. JUCO JR. 4.32 speed will give Gophers immediate help in the return game. May be tough for him to crack the Gopher 2-deep at WR.
    [​IMG]

• :4stars:CB Quintin Morgan. 4.38 speed and just a fantastic athlete. Covers well, reads plays well, can stuff WR's at the line, he's gonna be a great player for the Buckeyes.

• :4stars:QB James Gatewood. Undersized at 6'1" but has a reliable arm and escapability. Don't expect him to beat out Braxton but he'll be ready to step up when the time comes.

• :4stars:OLB Roy Thomas. Can shutdown outside runs and short passing games by himself. Hard for blockers to catch and harder to hang on to.
    [​IMG]
    • :3stars:TE Terrance Holt. Undersized for a TE at 6'0" and is suspect at pass blocking. Decent speed, catching, run blocking and his size, make this kid a great candidate for transition to FB.
    • :3stars:HB Shawn Pitts. Doesn't have top-end speed but can get tough yardage between the tackles and is much shiftier in the open-field than his frame (5'11", 204lbs) suggests. Could develop into a productive back for the Cardinal.
    [​IMG]
    • :4stars:OLB Marques "Dream" Weaver. I believe he can get USC through the night. Another highly athletic OLB that the Trojans covet. A weapon on blitzes and will get his hands on alot of passes.
    • :4stars:FS Chris Jordan. His speed and coverage skills are as good as all but the highest rated CB's and he hits like a SS. Bright future for this kid.
    • :4stars:SS Jordan Newton. Solid all around prospect. Could succeed at any DB position. Would like to see him hit the weights and become that ferocious hitter from USC lore.
    [​IMG]
    • :5stars:ATH Jason Williams. Great hands and amazing technique running routes. Doesn't have that burst of star receivers, but should be an extremely productive and reliable threat on the outside.
    • :5stars:ATH Luke Turner. 4.38 speed and can get there in very few steps. Nice coverage skills but his lack of tackling ability will put him at CB. Couls still be a game-changer at that position.

• Like Like x 6
  2. onaradio34

MG, The banners are saved in my photobucket, onaradio34.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great stuff Radio!

4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Good stuff.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

6. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  7. onaradio34

8. onaradio34

WEEK 2 SIGNINGS

[​IMG]

• :3stars:ATH Willie Johnson. JUCO Jr. Designated as an athlete but his JUCO highlight tape showed a great burst through holes as a HB. Should be a tough up the gut runner Iowa loves.
    [​IMG]

• :4stars:ATH Jamal Morgan. Has nice skills to be a CB but its his size, 6'3" 211lbs, that had the scouts drooling. The NCAA was also drooling at the site of another highly rated TX prospect heading to Oregon. Jamal reminds many of another Willie Lyles-led prospect, Patrick Peterson.

• :4stars:MLB Victor Parker. Great size, speed and overall athleticism. Good enough to see early action for the Ducks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    WEEK 3 SIGNINGS

[​IMG]

• :3stars:TE Terrell Ryan. A monster of a kid, Terrell registers at 6'8" 220lbs. He has above average speed for his size, and has great hands for a tight end. Michigan will hope he progresses in his blocking as he matures, but this kid could create big match up issues in the not-too-distant future.
    [​IMG]

• :3stars:ATH Jeremy Bailey. Bailey has nice size at 6'3" 238 lbs, and tremendous speed to go with it. He does not catch or block well, but the Trojans are hoping he can learn. With a big body and great speed, Bailey will be a real play maker for the Trojans in a few years if he is given time to progress.

• Like Like x 1
  10. controllerabuser

From the movie Deuce Bigelow Male Gigolo, "that's a big bitch!"

• Like Like x 1
  11. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I know this is radio's thread, but I wanted to mention one recruit that could soon be dominating the Big Ten....

For the Saturday Hereos in the league, all of you will remember this guy -

Missouri TE Aaron Williams

[​IMG]

For a guy that had decent talent and great size, Coach Bobby was able to turn this Mr. Williams into a legitimate Heisman trophy candidate.

Unfortunately for the rest of the Big Ten, Bob just signed a guy like Williams but with MUCH more speed, size and hands.

[​IMG]

Look out......

• Like Like x 2
  13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Can I give Ry 1000 likes for this?

• Like Like x 1
  14. onaradio34

So Bob has landed TWO 6'8" TE's? WTF? Where the hell are you sending your scouts, Rucker Park?

• Like Like x 2
  15. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
  16. controllerabuser

He must have been putting codes in.

17. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yup, cheats.

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I cant help it if Michigan has more money than Minnesota

19. controllerabuser

True

20. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Still no Recruits for Colorado. Fuck you guys ;)

21. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah I just got a soft commit. Not having as great of success either.

22. onaradio34

WEEK 4 SIGNINGS

[​IMG]

• :3stars:T Brett Smith. Solid run blocker with quick and accurate footwork. At 6'1" 280lbs, he is not your prototypical OT. Look for him to make the transition to the center position or even guard to utilizing him as a pulling lineman.

• :4stars:FS Wendell Washington. Underwhelming at reading plays but, other than that, he's great. Classified as a hard hitter for good reason but he will be a ball hawk in Iowa's cover-2 schemes.
    [​IMG]

• :3stars:FS Chad Casey. JUCO JR. Not gonna help in the run game often but should provide an immediate boost for the Wolverines in pass coverage. His awareness is still alittle low for a JUCO so having him sit a year may not be a bad idea.

• :4stars:CB Kenneth Lewis. Small at 5'9" but is an outstanding athlete. A pure cover corner with great speed and ball skills. Would like to see him improve his hands. Could make an early impact on special teams as a returner.

• Like Like x 1
  23. onaradio34

Well this year seems to be a wash. Sorry dudes.

_MG_ We gotta get a better plan on how we are gonna do this.

24. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    You guys prolly don't want suggestions...but..if we are moving at this pace then what about a midseason then end of season report?

• Like Like x 1