(Year 14) 2024 Weekly Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida gets by a tougher than expected Texas team 16-7 in The Swamp.

Next: Oklahoma (8:00 PM, ESPN)

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Wyoming falls to Stanford 41-0

GG JCA

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Virginia loses to Michigan in Charlottesville, 32-24. The Cavaliers fell behind 27-7 at the half, but managed to pull with in 3 points (27-24) late in the 4th quater. A nifty 64 yard touchdown run by Wolverine halfback Dennis Noble with 42 seconds remaining sealed the deal.

Great game/win, Payton. Your ferocious start proved too much to overcome. Once I pulled within 3, I thought I was going to steal this one. Great D' late in the 4th!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Steve

Steve Walk On

Auburn goes down to CU....35-21 after taking the lead 21-20 with 1 minute left in game. CU would score on a big pass play then rec a fumble and ret it for td. Auburn looked young and showed it. A team like CU will beat u down if you give them the ball 6 extra times. QB situation may get dice at Auburn.

5. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Michigan State takes down Oregon 54-21. Due to a misunderstanding in the schedule, the MSU coaching staff relied heavily on the CPU-sim to get through large portions of the game. That same staff is working to get familiar with the constructs of the league and will be working to both stay on schedule and live up to all expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

FSU falls at home in week 1 to Bama and coach JFunk34 12-7...the teams were locked in a tight Defensive battle until late in the 4th when bama put up a TD and recorded a safety ... Great game funk

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

What do you mean by SIM? You simmed the game?

8. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

You too bro. It was a hard fought game. My original plan was to try and exploit your secondary but a combination of your talented d-line and my mediocre o-line meant no time to sit in the pocket. At half I decided I had to run the ball more and that was ultimately the difference. Good luck to you rest of the way.

9. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

The Virginia Cavaliers move to 1-1 following 23-17 win over Oregon State.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  10. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Cincy slugs out a 42-24 win over Notre Dame. Game was played in a downpour and the Bearcats coughed up the bean four times- three of which came in the red zone.

11. jca312

jca312 Walk On

You too man. Your team played really well early, then my D stepped up and made some plays.
    Good luck this year. You're making progress with your roster.

12. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I super-simmed parts of the game. I was confused on multiple fronts.

Schedule: I missed the whole 6 hour rule and thought that I needed to get my game in before I was planning to play, which left me in a position where I thought I needed to get my game played in 15 minutes.

Super-Sim: JCA let me know about the no-super-sim rule after the game. I always play my games, so this is uncharacteristic for me and I will have no issues following the rules here.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Michigan State comes up short at Stanford. The Cardinal dominated the first half to setup a 13-3 lead. The Spartan D made some adjustments and shutdown Stanford in the 2nd half to allow the offense to stage the comeback. The Stanford D held strong late in the game with a goalline stand that setup a 4th and goal from the 1 for MSU - down 13-10 with a minute to play. MSU went the conservative route and kicked to tie. Stanford converted a big 4th and inches from the MSU 35 to setup a short FG for the win.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great game between longtime rival coaches. 2 yard difference in total yards, :90 difference in T.O.P., 3 point difference in score.
    Good luck the rest of the way Brogowicz. The Big Ten race is gonna be exciting this year.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I couldn't believe how the momentum just drained on me. One or two completions could have swayed it your way. GG.

16. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Michigan struggles with Fresno early but newcomer Kevin Baker returns a KO for a TD and never looks back. 45-28.

17. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

No worries, dude. 6 hour rule is for posts. We need to get you in the chat, though. Download Kakao! What kind of phone do you have?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Wyoming rebounds versus Iowa State 52-14

19. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida squeaks by OU in a rematch of the BCS Title. This was another instant classic and could have gone either way, although I would gladly trade this one for the last one ;). Great game, Bruce.

20. Steve

Steve Walk On

Auburn beats Cincy 27-14 behind a great defensive performance. 5 int's and a solid run defense was the key. Auburn offense was dismal again.

21. Steve

Steve Walk On

Auburn beats Miss St 28-9, but nothing is settled on offense. The team still struggles to get anything going consistantly and it will cost us again soon if this do not change.

• Like Like x 1
  22. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

After a week 2 ass fucking by Colorado Coach Wier rallies his team to 35-31 win over #3 UNC. Coach Wier made comments to reporters after the game about completely unrealistic scheduling by the NCAA. Regardless this team will continue to fight through the gauntlet and try to keep itself amongst the contenders.

• Like Like x 1
  23. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Cincinnati squeeks by Wyoming in overtime 27-24. Bearcats had a 24-9 lead midway thru the fourth before the Cowboys stormed back and tie it on the last play of regulation with a two point conversion. Cincy got a pick on Wyoming's first possession before playing safe, kicking a game winner in their possession.

gg G

• Like Like x 2
  24. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

FSU gets it first win of the season against UVA and Coach Ego 24-20...fresh RB Bell wins player of the game after he late game TD run seals the game for thw noles

• Like Like x 2
  25. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Steve,. who is starting for you at QB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.