Year 2 Cane Watch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jca312, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Year 2 Cane Watch

Miami kicked off their 2010 campaign with a successful road trip to Houston, where they defeated the Cougars 34-20. The Hurricanes have opened up their offense this year, with Jacory Harris showing off his passing skills in the season opener. With most of their keys players back, Miami looks to rebound from their disappointing 2009 campaign. Las year, the Canes' wheels fell off after several close call loses to start the season. This year, however, things are looking up in South Beach after Harris and RB Graig Cooper led the Canes to victory. Miami jumped out to a big lead, then pulled their starters in the 2nd half and Houston scored a few touchdowns. The game was not as close as the score indicates and Miami got a much needed confidence boost as their schedule will get much more challenging in the weeks to come.

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

A few months ago, my PS3 got too hot and I've been having issues with it ever since. I tried to get it fixed, but the cost is high, so I'm just gonna get a new one, but haven't been able to save enough money yet. Anyway, one of the issues is that it freezes, this happened during week 2, here is the pic of my final score
    [​IMG]

then hood had to sim the game. this is going to happen from time to time until I can get a new PS3. I will be sure to get pics of my final scores.

3. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Miami goes to Columbus and proves they are for real. After a disappointing 2009 campaign, the Canes entered 2010 lacking respect. Wins over Houston and an up and coming Oregon State program, Miami still found itself outside of the Top 25, that should all change after their 41-17 win over the #9 Ohio State Buckeyes in Columbus. Miami forced junior star quarterback Terrelle Pryor into throwing 4 interception, shut the Buckeyes out in the 2nd half and pulled off a major upset. The Hurricanes improve to 3-0 heading into ACC play and look to ride the momentum next week against a strong Georgia Tech team.

Keys Stats
    Jacory Harris 15-20 206 2TD
    6 car -10 1TD
    Graig Cooper 24 car 60
    3 rec 32
    Lamar Miller 1 car 8 1TD
    Aldarius Johnson 3 rec 33
    Tommy Streeter 2 rec 44 1TD

Ray Ray Armstrong 11 Tack 1 Int 1TD
    Vaughn Telemaque 7 Tack 1 TFL 1 Sack
    Sean Spence 5 Tack 2 TFL 1 Sack
    Arthur Brown 4 Tack 1 TFL 1 Int
    Demarcus Van Dyke 4 Tack 1 Int

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Holy shit man. great win. what an upset.

OSU is really hitting hard times......

5. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Nice win dude, just another big upset early on here this season.

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

After falling to rival Florida State at home, Miami bounces back with another big road win in Death Valley against the #6 Clemson Tigers. A couple first half interceptions let Clemson jump out to a 17-3 halftime lead before the Hurricanes settled in and took the game over. Miami made some defensive adjustments at halftime and held the Tigers to 7 second half points. The Hurricane offense was able to take care of the ball and put up 24 points to win an exciting game 27-24. The Canes controlled the half using a strong rushing attack and a couple key play-action passes to win the game. Miami is really bouncing back this year after a disappointing 2009 campaign and look to claim a bid in a BCS bowl game this year, but there are a few more big obstacles in their way.

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

The Miami Hurricanes continue to play the roll of spoiler handing another ACC team near the top of the standings a loss. The #12 ranked Virginia Tech Hokies came to town with their 7-1 (4-1) record and got dominated. The Hurricanes used Graig Cooper and a strong defensive effort to win 27-9 and the Hokies didn't score their touchdown until there were only :22 left in the game. Cooper carried the ball 32 times for 123 and 2 TDs, he also added a 64-yard catch, earning player of the game honors. The defense recorded 6 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, and an interception. Miami will host the 6-3 (2-3) Maryland Terrapins next week. With the win, the Canes improved to 7-2 (4-2) and pretty much locked up the Coastal division title for the Georgia Tech, who will clinch the division with a win at Wake Forest this week.

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Miami 27-10 Maryland

Miami dominate the Terps from start to finish. Once again powered by Graig Cooper, the Hurricanes improved to 8-2 (5-2). Cooper carried the ball 29 times for 108 yards and 2 rushing touchdowns. Cooper also hauled in 2 passes for another 17 yards. Cooper ran his season rushing total to 918 yards with 2 games left to eclipse the 1000 yard mark as his Canes look to finish the season in the Top 10 after last year's disappointing season. Jacory Harris struggled a little going 15 for 27 for 198 yards and 1 touchdown. Aldarius Johnson was his favorite target on the day catching 5 balls for 54 yards. B Harris led the defense with 7 tackles and a forced fumble. The Hurricanes have a bye week, followed by a trip to Charlottesville, then they host Hawai'i to finish their season.

Key Stats
    Jacory Harris 15-27 198 yards 1 TD
    Graig Cooper 29 carries 108 yards 2 TDs
    Aldarius Johnson 5 catches 54 yards
    Billy Sanders 3 catches 53 yards
    Joe Bentley 2 catches 31 yards 1 TD
    Brandon Harris 7 tackles 1 forced fumble
    Arthur Brown 6 tackles
    Allen Bailey 6 tackles 2 tackles for loss
    Marcus Fortson 3 tackles 2 for loss 1 sack

9. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Looks like Miami is back....

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Canes Stomp the Cavs

Miami goes to Virginia and crushes UVA 56-27. Virginia opened the game with a good 80-yard drive that took almost two minutes efficiently carving up the Hurricane defense, then Miami took over and scored 42 of the next 48 points in the game. Aldarius Johnson earned player of the game honors racking up 110 yards on 8 receptions with 3 touchdowns. Jacory Harris was 16-19 for 199 yards and 4 touchdowns. Graig Cooper and Lamar Miller rushed for a combined 268 yards and 3 touchdowns. The defensive player of the game for Miami was Adewale Ojomo who had 7 tackles, one for a loss, and an interception. Miami finishes ACC play at 6-2 and improves to 9-2 overall looking to improve to 10-2 with a win over Hawaii in their final regular season game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.