Year 2 Draft Talk

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by charter04, Jan 7, 2014.

1. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Since we are in the Wild Card stage I can't look at the players that are going to be drafted. I still wanted to get some discussion going about the upcoming draft.

The Patriots are going to to be looking for a game changing WR. I want a bigger guy who can stretch the field and make the most of Ryan Mallett's 99 THP. The best arm should have a deep threat right? If one of the three RB's that I have high on my board are available I might go there too.

The only other area's that could be upgraded are the LE position.

We will look to get depth and draft for the future with our other picks.

Some are saying this is a weak draft. I actually like this draft. I think it has a lot more players with raw physical skills than last year. To me this is most important. If I can get a 6'3 WR with 95 spd and 95 acc. but, low catch, CIT, and RTE then that's fine. It doesn't take long to upgrade those skills but, upgrading physical skills takes forever.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Looking for winners

3. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I got so many holes to fill on the defensive front 7. If I can get over my homerism of wanting current Falcons on my roster, I might go about the draft differently.

As of now, depending on the way FA shakes, I need a TE and a possible upgrade on the OLine on the offensive side of the ball. Need some beef up front on the DL and DE that are relevant in getting to the QB. It wouldn't be hard pressed to see Atlanta replace all 4 starting DL in FA and the draft as a top priority. I don't have a guy over 80 at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Saints haven't pooled their scouting reports yet other than a quick glance near the beginning of the season. The roster is in great shape and they have the luxury of going BPA yet again.

Its no secret they're on the lookout for a big bodied WR that can learn from aging veteran Marques Colston. Early reports are that the draft class may be lacking in that type of player and the Saints GM isn't known for reaching so plans could change.

New Orleans won't be big players in FA as they are up against the cap. That could change however if future HoFer Drew Brees decides to retire during the offseason which would free up $22 million in cap space to play around with. Last years 1st rounder QB Stephen Morris is ready to take over and played impressively in spot duty during his rookie season posting a passer rating near the top in the NFL (albeit on limited snaps).

5. T.B.A.R.

T.B.A.R. Walk On

With a deep roster the Dallas Cowboys are in best player available mode. DT will be a priority in the off season which wont be through free agency since cap space is limited. Because of such a deep roster the Cowboys are open to trading stapeles in their team such as witten, ware and austin. Although this draft seems to lack star power there are some diamonds to be found. The cowboys would like to move on from romo but with the salary hes got hes staying for the remainder of the release. So possibly a qb in the later rounds will be something that happenes.

6. brizz98

brizz98 Walk On

The Cardinals are in serious need of pass blocking offensive tackles. We will be looking in free agency. They are also looking at finding a new Quarterback and at least one speedy wideout for the slot position. Coach Brown also plans on switching the defense to a 4-3. Maybe....

7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

What's is everyone's scouting strategy?

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

1-- Conserve scouting points. Don't waste points on useless information (overall, scheme or development etc) Avoid going deeper than letter grade. It's tempting to get that specific speed number, but those 5000 points can go a lot further on other players.

2-- Don't scout early. You don't have enough points to scout every position adequately, so wait until after free agency and throughly scout your positions of need.

3-- focus on position specific skills and prioritize them. Don't open with the expensive skills.

4-- Don't be afraid to cut bait. Scouting corners? D ratings for man/zone, stop and don't waste anymore points on that bust.

5-- Gotta have some type of draft board or notes. Stay a couple of picks ahead so you aren't surprised or scrambling during the draft.

• Like Like x 2
  9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Good stuff. I actually like scouting the physical rating for QB's, RB's, WR's, DB's. It gives a good idea of the skills that are very hard to upgrade. Unless a CB has 50 coverage skills. Lol then I won't worry about is physical rating.

Development is another good one.

Now that injuries are back, durability is important.

10. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

It's official! Bears and Titans strike a deal for the #1 overall pick. Rumors are T.J. Yeldon from Alabama could join his former teammate CJ Mosely in Tennessee.

Ed Werder is reporting for ESPN that coach Thomas wants to implement a power run game not seen since the Raider and Chiefs pounded the rock with the duo Marcus Allen/Bo Jackson & Barry Word/Christian Okoye respectively. Now teams might have to worry about Yeldon & Johnson on a weekly basis.

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yeldon went one, the center then safety went two and three. Once Knight took that TE, Gurley was the obvious choice for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Hahha a Punter at 12th overall. That's a lot of money for P.

• Like Like x 2
  13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

• Like Like x 1
  14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Lol...... I need a punter too, shoulda taken him at 6

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Didn't Jax use a 1st round pick last year on Tajh?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Mogriffjr nice one. I kept trying to trade up before you picked him =[

17. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Tajh just called his agent.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Fuck. Didn't know it did that. Tried to trade with CPU and it autoed the pick. Damn.

19. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Who did the Bears take at 28??

20. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

The best LT on the board. Theus.

21. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

LT John Theus

22. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Look at him looking good in Falcons colors.

23. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Anyone have a good draft? Mine was crap, haha.

24. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

That whole class was crap, compared to last year's.

25. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I like my draft. Lots of speed. The places that they are low as far as skill is easily upgradable.

I think a fake EA class would be good though