Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Aug 17, 2012.
Buckeyes add a pair of top 50 recruits in week 1
N. Carolina got a week one commiment from *** DT(18) Dave Larkin rated 73 overall. Hes a nice start to the class and after a redshirt will probably be a 3 or 4 year starter.
Papa Perry, if you have time can you plug in the info for the top 10 recruits? I won't have time for that till Monday night.
Updated Illinois recruiting booard. Also did the top 10 recruits.
Looks like im the only person who has signed people based on the boards I am seeing.
Thank you for updating the Top 10 sheet, that slipped my mind. I need to update my board when I get home from work. I have 2 signings as of this week but expecting several more commits after this week.
I will update mine tonight. Signed s 3 * qb that has me really excited.
Ohio State is hopeful it will sign the heir apparent to Braxton Miller this week. ATH/QB Rashad Rogers favors the Buckeyes and he will be visiting Columbus to watch OSU take on "rival" Minnesota. Rogers was a low recruit coming into the season but his performance on the field and his tape show a dynamic athlete. He lacks the speed of Miller but already has a stronger arm than Miller and his accuracy should eventually exceed Miller's numbers.
Here are his numbers, per recent scouting reports:
OVR Rating - 80 (+11 100% scouted)
Speed - 81
Agility - 77
Throw Power - 90
Throw Accuracy - 81
Miller has one more season of eligibility after this season, and is unlikely to go pro if he continues to throw more picks than touchdowns. This will give Rogers a year to learn behind Miller before assuming the starting role.
Also visiting this week:
OLB #5 John Stallings (81 OVR 100% scouted)
K #4 Deon Crews (80 OVR 100% scouted)
WR #2 Vincent Wright (80 OVR 47% scouted)
HB #5 Warren Young (78 OVR 33% scouted)
OLB #11 Nick Lewis (78 OVR 76% scouted)
OLB #2 Anthony O'Connor (75 OVR 58% scouted)
Damn missed on that Hb. Well done twister. Doesn't he know how utilized he would have been in my system.lol
No one wants to go to scUM
Just curious, has anyone seen a HB with more than like 94 speed in this game? After fully scouting my backs they always go from A speed to like 85-87. I haven't seen any true speed backs in either of my dynasties. I think the fastest back I signed in 4 total seasons is like 90 speed.
You mean like this guy I fought with big dawg over? Looks like those little scat backs you had at OSU last season. He will be subbed in shotgun formation and be a beast of a RS his first year:
But here is the guy I am excited over:
My other recruits:
Twister18 - We both know white people can't run that fast
Amen to that!!
OLB John Stallings - The Buckeyes plucked Stallings out of SEC country. He has great speed for his position and he has the makings of another star linebacker for OSU. With his size and speed he will be the strong side linebacker. His playing time next season will depend on the decision of Ryan Shazier. Stallings is better than every other OLB on the Buckeye's roster.
ATH Rashad Rogers - He will play QB for the Buckeyes once Braxton Miller finishes his run in Columbus. Rogers may start next year if Miller goes pro, though that is an unlikely outcome. Rogers has better arm strength than Miller but is less accurate and lacks some of Miller's speed.
ATH David Jones - Coaches are split on where to play Jones. He will play on the offensive side, either at running back or at wide receiver. If he lines up in the backfield he could be a dangerous weapon for the OSU spread offense. He has tremendous speed and decent receiving attributes.
My board is updated.
Stallings looks like a flat-out monster!!!
working on mine now
I also updated my team's board on the spreadsheet. The Buckeyes currently have the top ranked class according to multiple sources.
Yeah he could be a 4-year starter for the Buckeyes if Shazier goes pro. All 3 of my starting linebackers are eligible to return next season, but Shazier and/or Curtis Grant could go pro. Maurice Fuller may move back to MLB if Grant goes pro and Shazier stays. That would allow me to start Stallings at weakside OLB for next season.
I am right on your butt!
updated. Currently with the 12th ranked class
This Buckeye's class is frightening
Dunbar is the biggest surprise in the class and a possible first year starter, depending on Shazier and Grant. If both players go pro he could be the starting MLB next season. He does not have elite speed but has good pass rush technique and is a very solid tackler. Along with Stallings and Lewis, OSU has a very strong foundation at linebacker spots. This was a key area for OSU this season.
The Buckeyes' defense should be solid for years to come after the past 2 recruiting classes. Defensive line and secondary will need some depth signings next year but starters are in place at all 11 spots.
OSU signings (Part 1 of 2)
1. OLB John Stallings 81 OVR (100% scouted) - could start in year 1 and huge upgrade over all underclassmen on the roster
2. DT Kevin Logan 80 OVR (64% scouted) - Will provide depth on d-line next season and could start in his second year
3. WR Robbie Robinson (42% scouted) - Signed early so coaches didn't bother looking at tape, seems like a solid WR with good size and speed
4. ATH David Jones (HB or WR) 80 OVR (100% scouted) - One of the fastest players in this class, unsure where he will play on offense
5. K Deon Crews 80 OVR (100% scouted) - Will start at kicker for next 4 seasons but unlikely to handle kickoff duties for next few years
6. ATH (QB) Rashad Rogers 80 OVR (100% scouted) - The future QB for tOSU, will likely hold clipboard next season behind Miller
7. TE Oliver Wallace (JUCO SO) 79 OVR (37% scouted) - Good speed and size combo, still need to see more tape on him
8. DE Craig Mirvil 79 OVR (85% scouted) - Excellent pass rusher with good speed, should be a starter in 1-2 seasons
9. OG Kevin Weaver (JUCO JR) 79 OVR (100% scouted) - Provides a short term fix to OSU's depth issues on o-line
10. CB Josh Mason 78 OVR (58% scouted) - Great speed and good coverage skills, potential shutdown CB
11. OLB Nick Lewis 78 OVR (76% scouted) - Solid all-around OLB, should develop into a starter in a couple seasons
12. HB Warren Young 78 OVR (41% scouted) - Still need to see tape on this guy, hoping his speed is better than advertised
13. MLB Tim Dunbar 78 OVR (100% scouted) - The biggest surprise in the class, a low kid that could start as a true freshman
14. WR Lamont Rucker 78 OVR (52% scouted) - A surprise signing in week 13, very good speed and has height to catch passes above defenders
15. G Chris Smith 77 OVR (100% scouted) - Great pass blocker which will be beneficial in Buckeyes spread attack
16. FB Kevin Wright 67 OVR (83% scouted) - For better or worse we will need to make room for Wright to fill a need position.
--- Possible cut line ---
The Buckeyes only have 15 scholarship players leaving after this season but could add scholarships if players transfer or leave early for NFL Draft.
OLB Anthony O'Connor - 75 OVR (58% scouted) - Still need to see some tape but he could find it tough to make the roster with other LB signings
TE Ryan Johnson - 69 OVR (100% scouted) - Might crack roster for depth at TE/FB, but will depend on other players signed this season
WR Ryan Webb - 66 OVR (47% scouted) - Going to need to improve a lot to make the roster but a few expendable parts already on Buckeyes roster
Separate names with a comma.