Year 2 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shibdib, Sep 17, 2010.

1. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Year 2 Week 2

Bittersweet Victory for the Pack

NC State pulled off the upset today against #4 Ranked Boise State, but perhaps lost more then it gained. Team Captain and starting QB Russell Wilson(SR/RS) broke his collarbone while attempting to avoid a sack. This injury ends his season and greatly hurts his chances at being drafted next year.

Backup QB Mike Glennon(JR/RS) Came on and played well, giving fans hope that all is not lost. Glennon is not as mobile as Wilson, but many scouts consider him the better passing QB of the two. Only time will tell how big of an injury this is for the pack.

(Will update when I can get game details to show up... EA's website is sucking the big one like usual for me.)

2. Maize n' Blue

Maize n' Blue Walk On

Wow tough break losing Wilson! Good luck without him.

3. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Ya when EA said broken collarbone I nearly threw my controller. The backup threw some pretty balls tho, he jus doesnt have the speed of wilson.

And I cant get the game details to show up, whenever i click the button it brings me back to the dynasty homepage. Tried on IE and Opera

4. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Tech Earns Tough Win over Duke
    [​IMG]
    Virginia Tech's Defense made big plays to secure the victory including this interception by Cris Hill which he returned for a touchdown.

DURHAM, NORTH CAROLINA
    -- The Virginia Tech team righted the ship and won a close battle with ACC foe Duke in their first ACC match-up of the year. The offense was efficient through the air and ground and did not turn the ball over the entire game. Sophomore Quarterback Logan Thomas had a great day passing the ball by making few mistakes and finding the open receivers when they were there. The Defense added a much needed boost when Cris Hill had a pick six to tie the game 14-14 in the second quarter. In addition, Jayron Hosley had the game clinching interception in the final minute to put the game on ice. Running back Darren Evans once again had a productive day on the ground by rushing for 164 yards on 25 carries.

Offensive Player of the Game: QB Logan Thomas 14-for-26, 237 yards, and 3 touchdowns.
    Defensive Player of the Game: S Nick Dew, 7 tackles and 1 interception

[​IMG]

First Quarter
    05:21 TD Duke Josh Trezvant WR #86 1 yard pass from Sean Renfree QB #19
    03:02 TD Virginia Tech Eric Martin TE #86 9 yard pass from Logan Thomas QB #3
    Second Quarter
    06:06 TD Duke Donovan Varner WR #26 6 yard pass from Sean Renfree QB #19
    05:05 TD Virginia Tech Cris Hill CB #9 20 yard interception
    00:54 TD Virginia Tech Dyrell Roberts WR #11 5 yard pass from Logan Thomas QB #3
    Forth Quarter
    06:44 TD Virginia Tech Xavier Boyce WR #29 77 yard pass from Logan Thomas QB #3
    03:49 TD Duke Jeff Fields TE #11 6 yard pass from Sean Renfree QB #19

5. Maize n' Blue

Maize n' Blue Walk On

[​IMG]

Heartbreaker....

Arkansas' offense struggled all day long but was in it at the end. With 2:30 minutes left Arkansas missed a field goal that would have given them the 17-14 lead. The defense held and once again Arkansas missed a field goal to take the lead with :17 seconds remaining. Arkansas lost the toss in OT and played offense first and took the lead on a TD run by Phil Young, Fresno State responded with a score of their own. Into double overtime we went, Fresno scored first to put the pressure on. Arkansas converted a critical 4th and 12 but faced another 4th down. Tyler Wilson was hit a he threw and the pass fell incomplete. Fresno State had just stunned the nation and beaten #7 Arkansas.

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Robbed...

Column 1
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
    Georgia Tech 7 0 16 0 23
    North Carolina 3 10 6 11 30

First Quarter
    05:10 FG North Carolina Casey Barth K #11 40 yard field goal
    02:36 TD Georgia Tech Joe Evans WR #81 28 yard pass from Kyle Parks QB #4
    Second Quarter
    06:26 TD North Carolina Giovani Bernard HB #26 1 yard rush
    00:00 FG North Carolina Casey Barth K #11 50 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    04:54 TD Georgia Tech Antoine O'Brien HB #39 1 yard rush
    01:30 TD North Carolina Giovani Bernard HB #26 3 yard rush
    01:16 TD Georgia Tech Tyler Melton WR #84 85 yard pass from Kyle Parks QB #4
    00:22 SF North Carolina Bryn Renner QB #2 0 yard safety
    Forth Quarter
    04:40 FG North Carolina Casey Barth K #11 33 yard field goal
    00:07 TD North Carolina Todd Harrelson WR #82 25 yard pass from Bryn Renner QB #2

7. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Oregon St @ Florida

Scoring Summary

First Quarter
    03:13 TD Florida Chris Dunkley WR #5 13 yard pass from John Brantley QB #12

Second Quarter
    01:59 TD Florida Mike Gillislee HB #23 2 yard rush

Third Quarter
    03:44 TD Oregon State Jordan Bishop WR #23 22 yard pass from Ryan Katz QB #12
    01:23 TD Florida Chris Dunkley WR #5 17 yard rush

Forth Quarter
    02:35 TD Oregon State Jordan Bishop WR #23 24 yard pass from Ryan Katz QB #12

[youtube]GKEPwikeg0E[/youtube] [youtube]GSCMW7i6y-s[/youtube] [youtube]mlfZJgUJRJs[/youtube]