Year 3 - Week 11 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Will post schedule later.

2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

For some reason after I played my game last night my highlights and game recap just wouldn't upload. Sucks too cuz I had some sick highlights saved from that game as well. I can't really remember specifics from the game, ECU beat Marshall 41-33 in possibly the worst defensive effort by this ECU team. The tackling was horrendous, the Marshall back was just breaking tackles left and right and it was a downright pitiful performance by the defense. I'm just lucky that the offense was able to pull this one out. I know that Wornick was something like 31-49 this game, with 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. He was able to break the school's single season record for touchdowns and yards thrown in a season, or at least that is what the commentators said, lol. Of his 18 incomplete passes, an unbelievable 10 were because of dropped passes, including 5 by a single receiver!!! (again can't remember who it was exactly)...Matt Brown was able to rack up over 100 yards on the ground too, which is always a good thing, and he opened up more passing lanes, especially later on in the game when Brad Wornick was able to shake off his 3 interceptions, which all happened in the 1st half...The team has now won 7 in a row and is still undefeated in conference play, moving their season record to 9-2 on the year. The team is on a bye next week before closing out their season in week 13, as they are on the road to face UAB.

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I've had that happen to me to before so I know it sucks. Especially whenyou have great highlights.

4. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Ohio 26
    NIU 17

The Huskies lose a letdown game at home in overtime.

A week after defeating the #9 CMU Chippewas, the Huskies fall to Ohio U. The Huskie defense held Ohio in check most of the game, but the offense couldn't get going against Ohio's defense. QB DaRon Brown completed only 9 of 22 attempts and was a victim of dropped passes and constant pressure. He was sacked eight times. LT James Phillips was abused all game long. He surrendered three sacks and his man was consistently in the backfield.

Freshman RB Mike McKinney followed up last week's breakout performance with 18 carries for 167 yards and a TD.

"We were manhandled in the trenches today. You can't throw too many completions when you're lying down on your backside." Coach Bumpers said after the game. "But ultimately this loss is on me. We should have stuck to the run in the second half. I feel like a genuine douchenozzle right about now. You can go ahead, screw me on a bottle and squirt."

5. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

UTEP 24 - Southern Miss 30
    Inexperience loses yet another close game for UTEP

They say experience can win you close games, for UTEP this year its the complete opposite, IN-experience has lost them all their close games. On the final two drives of a very, very close game UTEP turned the ball over both times. First it was a fumble and then in the closing minutes QB Mark Siegel threw yet another interception, his 3rd of the night. If you were just looking at the stats you would have thought UTEP won 50 to nothing. They had more first downs, better 3rd down conversion percentage, more total yards, and a they had the ball almost twice as long as Southern Miss. But with all that on their side, just about the only stat category they didn't win was the most important one, the turnover battle. So Miss turned the ball over once, UTEP 4 times. With one game left UTEP will need to grow up quick if they plan on beating instate rival SMU next game.

6. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

SMU beats houston 31-19
    We almost played our first complete game of theyear but no 13 points in the fourth by UH let them slide back into the picture. SMU dominated this game for the most part, they had the ball 20 min apposed to the cougs 7. With numbers like those its gonna be real hard for us to be out of a game. SMU only had one turnover all game wich was key and they forced three INT's. Kaiser has really blossomed into a dual threat Qb in this option run system he has a bright future at SMU. We have four really good players that can carry the ball qb Kaiser, FB douagl, HB fields, Hb line. any four of those kids can break a long run at any time. The weaknes so far and against UH has been the secondary it seems like they just satand let the wide outs some open they have to pick up the slack if they are thinking conference title. SMU has UTEP and UCF left two big games in c USA that will greatly impact recruiting.

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

OMFG. That's all I have to say. I am tied with South Carolina 45-45 and have the ball at my own 20 with 9 seconds left. Knee for OT right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!

NO.

I am a freaking idiot and decide to call a hail mary basically, and end up getting sack and losing the ball. The Gamecocks recover and kick the winning FG.

The fans are calling for my head...I might be fired soon.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

wow did you break your controller?

9. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Cavaliers Avoid First Loss of Season, Upend Georgia Tech

#5 Virginia 31 @ Georgia Tech 27

Unlikely Hero Emerges as Virginia Improves to 11-0

The Cinderella Story of the Virginia Cavaliers continued as they knocked off Georgia Tech by 4 points and improved to 11-0 on the season.

On the Cavaliers' first possession of the first half, struggling QB Michael Strauss threw an INT. "At that point I knew we needed to make a change," said Coach E, "I was confident in Ross and he stepped in and got the job done." Backup QB Ross Metheny threw for 264 yards, 3 TD and 1 INT.

Heisman hopeful Torrey Mack had another efficient game, rushing for 119 yards on 26 carries and a TD

Georgia Tech cut the Virginia lead to 4 points with just over a minute left but were unsuccessful in recovering the onside kick. Virginia got a first down and ran the clock out.

The Cavaliers travel to take on Virginia Tech next week, should they win it looks like they will play #3 Boston College for the ACC Title and possibly the chance to play for a BCS Championship

10. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Tulsa 49​
    NMS-20​
    In an effort to salvage the rest of the season Tulsa went back too the drawing board. Tulsa ran up, down and all around NMS defense. Tulsa rushed for over 450 yards on the ground with their two runningbacks and qb s.beaver. Beaver also threw 3 touchdowns on just 13 att.​
    The word on the street is that coach jv may be getting frustrated with Tulsa and their underachieving players, look for him too go elsewhere after the season.​

11. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Lobos 34 San Diego State Aztecs 19

The wonderful beaches of San Diego (I miss home :() did not distract the Lobos from their business, and it was business as usual as the Lobos handed the Aztecs a loss in Cali. Tarean Austin showed Aztecs fans that their was no lingering issues with his injured shoulder as he threw for two scores and rushed for another two to lead the Lobos offense. The Aztec offense would put up a fight in the first half but the Lobo defense would adjust in the second half holding the Aztecs to just 6 fourth quarter points. The win extends the Lobos win streak to 7 and should see the Lobos climb higher in the BCS poll. The Lobos head to Fort Worth, to battle the TCU Horned Frogs in a battle for the lead in the Mountain West.

Lobo Stats
    T. Austin 20-27 305yds 2tds, 9car 11yds 2tds
    D. Dennis 14car 91yds
    J. Ford 7rec 90yds 1td

12. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Red Raiders fall to Aggies
    The big Rivalry game between Tech and A&M had lots of fireworks for the fans to enjoy. Although the opening quarter was a disaster for Tech. A&M unleashed 19 points in the first quarter and although the Red Raiders faught hard they couldnt overcome. Turnovers caused alot of problems for the Red Raiders and the A&M QB picked apart the Tech secondary. This is the second straight game that the Red Raiders have allowed 19 points in the first quarter. Coach Sabo refused to comment after the game. We did catch up with the defensive coordinator for the Red Raiders and he was quoted as saying
    "Our defense needs alot of work. We play each quarter of the game different and we need to be more consistent. I have faith in our guys and I believe we will make the necessary changes."
    The final score from The 12th Man Stadium
    Texas A&M 41
    Texas Tech 35

13. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

UCLA Continues Impressive Run in the Pac 10

The UCLA Bruins continued a strong run in the PAC 10, by going iin to Palo Alto, and dominating the Stanford Cardinal, 24 to 7. The Cardinal would take a 7-0 first quarter lead, but that would be all she wrote, as UCLA's defense turned in an impressive performance holding the Cardinal to 94 yards rushing, and 151 passing yards.

Prince passed the ball 17 time completing 8 of those for 170 yards, and 1 TD, Franklin had 11 carries for 47 yards, but the offense star of the the game was WR J. Johnson who had 2 rushes for 69 yards, which included a 62 yard end around for a score, he also caught 2 passes for 102 yards, including a 68 yard touchdown catch.

UCLA/Stanford
    Score 24/7
    Total Offense 299/245
    Rushing 21 attempts for 129 yards and 2 TDs/32 attempts for 94 yards 0 TD
    Passing 8 of 17 for 170 yards and 1 TD/11 of 23 for 151 yards and 1 TD
    3rd Down 2-8/6-14
    Turnovers 0/1
    Fumbles 0/0
    INT 0/1
    TOP 12:13/15:47

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.