Year 4 Digital Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by BDSDIGITAL, Oct 22, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

We're gonna start off with a small preview of each teams schedule...corresponding with their opening rank.

The first number is each teams opening rank....not my ranking.

1. [​IMG]

The defending national champs will have their work cut out for them. Not only are they replacing several starters but in general this is a fairly young team. The schedule is not for the weak of heart either.

Notable Games: Wk 3 @ LSU , Wk 4 @UNC, Wk 6 vs. Bama, Wk 9 @ PSU, possible B1G title game.

Prediction: 9-4, B1G runner up. The 3 game stretch between wk3-wk6 will be too much to handle. They'll drop two of those games, and will lose a cpu game. They'll beat PSU and will get into the B1G title game, but won't make it any farther than that. Brave won't complain 1 bit. He'll be content to pocket his Season 3 title, chalk this up to a rebuilding year, and will come back strong next season.

2. [​IMG]

Last years biggest under acheivers will come back this season with fire in their belly.....after fucking up what might have been a golden opportunity to win their first NC under my dumb ass, this team comes back with alot of tools and a ranking that makes their destiny their own to control.

Notable Games: Wk 3 vs. OSU, Wk 5 @ UGA, Wk 7 @ UF, Wk 11 Bama

Prediction: 12-1 SEC Champs. Why? Because it's my poll! :D We will drop either the game @ UGA or @ UF but will beat OSU, and Bama, and then will win the SEC title game vs. the winner of the world's largest cock party (yes that's what I mean!) The #2 ranking will mean after my loss in either wk5 or 7 I'll drop to 10th ish and will have 2 months to work my way back up to #2. Having the final SEC title game vs. a supposed top 5 team will elevate me into one of the top 2 spots.

4. [​IMG]

Twist had some big wins last year, but this year may be even better. This team is set up to run, run, run, and when their done, run some more. They are deep at HB and the O line looks great. They get big games between the Hedges.

Notable Games: Wk 5 v. LSU , wk 9 @ Clemson, wk 10 v. UF, wk 13 v. UNC

Prediction: 10-3 SEC Runner Up. Having 3 big games at home or at neutral sites is really going to help UGA. They will be tough to beat due to their ball control style and personnel. They beat LSU wk 5 but lose @ Clemson in a stunner, but turn around the next week and beat UF. They also lose a head scratcher vs. some cpu team but with the strength of the Florida win they move on to a rematch of the Season 2 SEC title game vs. LSU. This time it's not as close. LSU wins the SEC title game big, but Georgia winds up in a good bowl, and might be the odds on favorite to win it all Season 5.

5. [​IMG]

SA's run of conference titles and nc game appearances might be in jeopardy. With the improving SEC teams right on their back things might not go as planned. Florida is very good, but so is the rest of their competition. The SEC is head and shoulders the best conference in the country with 3 legit NC contenders and 3/5 of the top 5 to start the season.

Notable Games: wk 3 @ VT, wk 7 v. LSU, wk 9 v. Maryland, wk 10 v. UGA (in Jacksonville)

Prediction: 10-2. Gonna be a decent year. I predict a close win in Blacksburg wk 3 and the wheels will fall of from there. 4 weeks later LSU comes to town and wins a fist fight in the Swamp, they beat UMD, but lose the Cocktail Party to Georgia. With that loss they finish in the teens and in a pre Jan 1st Bowl Game. However the good news is that Mack Brown breaks the NCAA rushing record for a single season and wins the Heisman. UF will be flush with individual awards by the end of the year.

6.[​IMG]

Another season, and another V Tech team that will be prepared and well coached. This version of the Hokies however don't have the talent they've had the last few years, and there will be a new ACC Champ this year.

Notable Games: wk 3 vs. UF, wk 6 @ Nebraska, wk 11 @ Maryland, wk 12 @ UNC

Prediction: 10-3. ACC Runner up. This will be a good year. They'll lose a close game vs. UF early on but will move themselves back into contention by winning a huge road game in Lincoln. However the real thorn in their side will be a much improved Terps team. They will go to College Park and lose wk 11 but will beat UNC week 12. They'll go to the ACC title game, but will lose to Maryland again! They'll finish 10-3, have a tough recruiting season, and will end up in a bowl game that is way below Hokie's standards. This will cause Vt to come back live and direct in Season 5.

9. [​IMG]

Sparty has their highest preseason ranking in quite some time. They will start in the top 10 and will be a real factor all season. The B1G schedule is favorable. This will be Jman's greatest season since his Tulsa days.

Notable Games: wk 2 v. Clemson, wk 4 @Bama, wk 5 v. PSU, wk 13 v. Nebraska

Prediction: 12-1 B1G Champ. The schedule really sets up well for them. They'll win wk 2 vs. Clemson, but will drop a game in Tuscaloosa to Perry. However they'll come back from that loss and win 10 straight. After a big win vs. division foe Nebraska, Sparty will secure 1 spot in B1G title game vs. OSU whom they don't play in the regular season. They'll win that game, and secure themselves one spot in the NC game....vs. old nemesis BDSDIGITAL for what is to be the #1 Trifecta game of the release so far!

13. [​IMG]

UNC isn't very deep. They have some good players, but they will be hard pressed to compete in a tough ACC. Not this year. Or next year. Watch for UNC to make a move in Season 6.

Notable Games: wk 4 vs. OSU, wk 10 @ Bama, wk 12 v. VT, wk 13 @ UGA

Prediction: 7-5. This is gonna be tough. They lose big to OSU in week 4 and suffer some injuries. This is not a incredibly deep team and it's going to catch up to them. After that they will lose to Bama, Vt and UGA. Some of these losses will be by a lot. However, they'll have a great season in recruiting and will finish the season with a great outlook for next year. This schedule is going to be very difficult. All users they play are legit.

14. [​IMG]

Maryland is poised for a dream season. This team is Sr and JR laden, has good personnel and a good user. They'll win some big games, but will fall just short of the NC game....this year.

Notable Games: wk 2 @ PSU, wk 9 @ UF, wk 10 @ Clemson, wk 11 vs. Vtech

Prediction: 12-1 ACC Champs. Like I said, it will be a dream season. They'll start off with a tough win vs. Penn St and from there will cruise until week 9. Florida will flex their SEC muscle and give Maryland their first loss...and only loss of the season. They'll register a solid win vs. Clemson and will beat V Tech to announce their arrival on the big stage. They'll make it to the ACC title game and will win the V Tech rematch. Unfortunately for them, they'll lose the Florida game a few weeks too late, and will finish #3 in the country behind MSU, and LSU. They'll make it to the Orange Bowl and win it. Gangsta with this season, will announce his arrival to the Trifecta. Watch the hell out in season 5.

15. [​IMG]

Oh the turmoil. Beazus is seemingly gone. We don't know who's gonna be running the Huskers. On that note, I can not give a prediction persay. What I will say is that they will lose a few conference games, will not be relevant on the national stage this year. But will be back in full force season 5. I would like to give a big shout out to vBIG SLICKv for his help today!

16. [​IMG]

Clemson is going to have one of his better years as well. His schedule sets him up fairly well. He won't win the conference this year, but will get better each week and will have an up and down season. This is a solid team. They won't be flashy, they won't be too exciting, but they'll be in almost every game they play.

Notable Games: wk 2 @ MSU , wk 8 UGA, wk 9 UMD,

Prediction: 10-2. The loss to MSU will drop them to the edge of the top 25. However they'll go off from there. Big wins vs. highly ranked cpu teams will help. They'll win a huge home game vs. a top 10 UGA team! But then will lose a game big to Maryland. They'll finish up 10-2 but out of the ACC title game. They'll finish in the top 12 and will just miss out on a BCS game. It'll be up and down, it'll be tough and easy, but at the end of the season aarondramp will tell anyone that will listen that he had his funnest season ever in season 4. This team will be energized for a big run in season 5, in a much improved ACC. He'll be a player.

18. [​IMG]

What a terrible year last year. Not only did they get beaten like a drum by almost all users, but my offensively challenged ass dropped 50 on them. They'll be better, but not good enough.

Notable Games: wk 4 v. MSU, wk 6 @ OSU, wk 10 v. UNC, wk 11 @ LSU

Prediction: 10-2. With wins over 2 top 10 teams to start the season (MSU, Wisconsin) they'll shoot into the top 10 and the excitement will build in Tuscaloosa. However a close loss to OSU will squelch some of the enthusiasm. Getting man handled in Death Valley wk 11 will take all of the wind out of their sails. This year will be a major disappointment, but next year they'll be one of the favorites to win the whole thing. They have some young ball playing mother fuckers on that team.

24. [​IMG]

Fuzzyl0gic is not new. He's been around for a while in other leagues. Anyone that thinks this is going to be a walk over is wrong. However.....he hasn't faced all that the Trifecta has to offer. They'll get a crash course in this league, but will be better for it long term.

Notable Games: wk 2 v. Maryland, wk 5 @ MSU, wk 9 v. OSU, wk 10 @ Nebraska

Prediction: 8-4. Things won't start well. I predict a bad loss to Maryland and a close loss to MSU. They'll go into the OSU game with a severe limp and Brave will knock PSU clean on their arse. The week after they'll win a big game vs. Nebraska, but will finish out of the B1G running. They'll have a much better season next year, but I can't see them competing this year. They'll finish inside the top 25 but barely.

National Championship Game:

#1 Michigan State v. #2 LSU

Jman will come into this game the favorite. With his success vs me in the past he'll be riding a wave of confidence. However....this ain't the same old Castortroy4206. LSU will play one of the best games of the season and will win the National Title by 10 points. MSU will hang tough and will grind...but in the end the LSU front 7 will be too much for the MSU running game.

LSU 17- MSU 7

and LSU follows Brave's season 3 example and wins their first Trifecta title!

feel free to debate what you want. I'll be back in 4 weeks to give everyone an update!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

:eek: :eek::eek:

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nice write-up man.

4. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Jman
    BDSDIGITAL

If I get a 14 point lead against MSU again, I won't blow it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I highly doubt i'll have a 1 loss season! Appreciate the confidence though! lol

6. Jman

Don't worry, you won't get a 14 point lead in the first place. ;)

7. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

If I win the ACC Ill pull a Bart Scott.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

BDSDIGITAL - Do you really think I will drop a CPU game? I can see me dropping any or all of my 4-5 user games, but a CPU loss would be a shocking turn of events.

9. BDSDIGITAL

Maybe .........?

• Like Like x 1
  10. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Ahh BD, Mack Brown isn't starting :p

It's more of a platoon. Roderick Tompkins is planned as the feature back.

(Thats what i wouldve said pre-week1)

I may have to make a move, Roderick seems sluggish for my offense.
    But Mack Brown doesnt have that zinger of a name.

And I was more than impressed with Matt Young's opening game. 21/26. Im being a bit more cautious with the QB throws this year heh.

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I hope you aren't right about the rest of my user games, but Maryland was a tough opponent. Hopefully I can upset some of these good teams.

12. BDSDIGITAL

Dude I don't know wtf I'm talking about :)

13. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Oh ima be awake for this go round Fuzzy :)

14. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Hopefully I wont throw 13 picks in 4 user games this time.....

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My season goal is to prove that point :p

16. BDSDIGITAL

this has been proven time and time again already.

17. BDSDIGITAL

So sparty is 2-0.

I'm just saying :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jman

Hehehehehe

19. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I vote for two threads next year :)

Power Rankings and Power Rankings Discussion :p

The week 4 or so update will get lost in here hehe

20. aarondramp

We almost flipped it. You were nearly the one that blew the 14 point lead.

21. Jman

Alas, I did not though...(thankfully, and again your late screen call was brilliant that time out of 5-WR!)

Whats the saying? Almost only counts in horse-shoes and hand grenades? :p

22. aarondramp

It was a fun one. I was planning on going for 2 had I converted the late TD. The screen call was just lucky. It was 3rd and 10, and I was going to go for it on 4th, so I wanted something that would give me positive yards. A few missed plays, and he was gone.

The play that killed me was just pressing the wrong button and throwing to the wrong guy (which went for a pick six) when I had a guy wide open. It was a fun one, though.

23. Jman

I agree.

I got lucky on the 4th at the end, audibled out of a full house blitz literally right before you snapped it, craaaaazy.

24. aarondramp

We were obviously thinking along the same lines because I was debating between a quick pass or a QB run. I'm used to losing close games at this point, but it was still fun.

25. BDSDIGITAL

Week 5 Digital Update:

1. [​IMG] #1 3-0

So far: big win over Ohio State, few non descript cpu wins

Coming Up: week 5 @ #3 Georgia week 7 v. #11 Florida

Spin: King of the hill for now. If we get out of Georgia with a win Florida will come to Death Valley in a make or break SEC game...but we gotta beat Georgia first. Georgia won in Death Valley last year.

2. [​IMG]#2 3-0

So far: 2 score win over Florida, nothing much else

Coming Up:week 5 @ Boise ST, week 6 @ #13 Nebraska (Slick)

Spin: They are basically #1A right now. They have more than 20 1st place votes and could replace LSU as #1 at any moment. Two big road games coming up will tell us alot about them. The win v. Florida is a quality win though.

3. [​IMG] #14 3-0

So far: 2 score win over MSU, and a few really close wins over bad teams?

Coming Up: week 6 @#5 OSU

Spin: They are #14 in the rankings but are off to a pretty good start. They have struggled against some mediocre teams but did get a good quality win over Jman and MSU. If they come back from Columbus undefeated they might actually be ready to make a run this year.

4. [​IMG]#7 3-0

So far: They're claim to fame is hanging over 50 on Penn ST. They haven't really been challenged yet.

Coming Up: all cpu games until week 9 @ #11 Florida

Spin: They could don't face a user for a month. The cpu are manageable as the toughest one is FSU next week. Chances are they'll crack the top five by the time they travel to the Swamp. Right now they are screaming up the rankings, making me look like I know wtf time it is :)

5. [​IMG]# 3 3-0

So far: Not much. Good solid cpu beat downs, nothing to write home about

Coming up: week 5 v. #1 LSU

Spin: They are #3 and 3-0 but haven't really been tested yet. They beat LSU last year. Beating them again this year will probably propel them into the #1 spot, but they turn into instant NC contenders with a win.

6. [​IMG] #13 2-0

So far: 2 cpu wins and both bye weeks out of the way...yawn

Coming up: week 6 #1A Virginia Tech

Spin: 2-0 is 2-0. Welcome back to the party Slick. Good luck week 6. He hasn't had great luck vs. Hokie from what I can remember.

7. [​IMG] #5 2-1

So far: They beat #12 UNC pretty handily but let a golden opportunity against LSU slip through their fingers

Coming up: week 6 vs. #14 Alabama

Spin: They are a pretty quality 2-1. Only dropping to #5 makes the LSU loss almost irrelevant. Alabama is undefeated and looking for payback. If they can beat Bama they will be in great shape to make another title run.

8. [​IMG] #6 2-1

So far: They got a big win over Clemson but got tripped up by Alabama

Coming up: week 5 v. Penn State

Spin: Ok, they split their ooc user games....they need the win over Penn St in their Big 10 opener to get set on the right path to a title run. They are certainly still in it.

9. [​IMG]#11 2-1

So far: Lost pretty convincingly vs. V Tech, and won a tight game v. Tennessee

Coming up: week 7 vs. #1 LSU

Spin: They apparently have fresman qb issues. They'll get the benefit of the home crowd vs. #1 LSU in two weeks. That is shaping up to be a big game.

10. [​IMG]#20 2-1

So far: Lost to Michigan State. Few cpu wins. Nothing special.

Coming up: middle of the road ACC teams for the next 5 weeks or so. Then week 9 vs. #3 Georgia.

Spin: They lost the MSU game, but they'll probably be 6-1 or 7-1 by the time they see another ranked team. I can see the UGA / Clemson game in 5 weeks being a top 10 showdown....

11. [​IMG]#12 1-1

So far: Loss to OSU, nothing else of note

Coming up: nothing of note. For some reason the ACC teams have nothing special coming up for many weeks. Next big game week 11 @ #14 Alabama

Spin: They are totally sitting in the cat bird seat. They have 6 weeks of nothing before their next big game. The odds of them being in the top 5 or 6 going to Tuscaloosa are high. It's a real possibility that in week 11 UNC is a legit NC contender, without beating a soul.

12. [​IMG] UR 2-1

So far: Got smoked by Maryland

Coming up: week 5 @ #6 Michigan ST.

Spin: The MSU game is a HUGE game for PSU. A win gives them a quality conference win, really hurts MSU, and will get them into the top 25. Getting beat by Maryland though is a really tough loss.

• Like Like x 2