Year 4 strength of schedule

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by charter04, Feb 26, 2015.

1. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Here is our strength of schedule as Daddy leagues sees it.

The top 5 easiest Schedules
    1. Tampa Bay
    2. Buffalo
    3. St. Louis
    4. Kansas City
    5. Carolina

The top 5 hardest Schedules
    1. Detroit
    2. New York
    3. Cleveland
    4. San Diego
    5. Denver
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

At 8-7 the Denver Broncos are probably much better than their record shows. They have the 5th hardest schedule but, still have 8 wins.

3. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Also I find it interesting that 3 and possibly 4 of the top four are playoffs teams. All 5 of the hardest schedules are not. Just shows how much schedules can affect a team's success or lack there of. Not that the top teams aren't still good/SB contenders and not that the bottom teams are all great but, it still matters.

4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I disagree

Coming into the season people were talking about how playing the NFC East was so hard. The strength of schedule on DL is based primarily on opponents records if I'm not mistaken, and the reality is that teams with good records make their opponents have poor records. Basically everyone I played outside of seattle (and philly) was 0-2 or 0-4 vs me and seattle then had the rest of their games. I wouldnt argue that I had a "hard" schedule, I recognize that the NFC South is the weakest division, but the NFC East is one of the toughest and both Seattle and Arizona were playoff teams last year, so I'd say that puts my schedule closer to the middle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I'm so suprised you of all people disagree with the notion that your schedule might have helped your team to have your best record in this years TMFL cycle. ;)

6. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

You played a soft schedule man; nothing wrong with it. Just how the chips fall. Played three teams with a positive rating, fell twice to the Seahawks, and won each NFC W game aside from the CPU Cowboys game by one score. Arizona played a soft schedule last year hence their playoff run, they also happened to fall to the NFC E this year with scores of 31-10 / 37-17 / 37-3 and.... 12-9 going 0-4. It pays to have a down year, regroup and play 3s & 4s the following year. Look at what the Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Jets, Eagles, Bears were all able to do after a year 'down' ... Next year the tides will shift and we'll see Carolina, NYG, NYJ etc all rebound and make playoff push's next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Black Republican

Looks pretty accurate to me ... Having to play multiple teams in the NFC E / AFC W / AFC N spells for a very tough season. NFC East and AFC West were matched up this year. Who got the NFC S & AFC E??? :p:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

The Jets will be back next year not because of a weak schedule, but because our team is going to be improved :). Soo past this years defense, next year we will make a statement....

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This is a good representation of schedule strength but I see where wyrm is coming from too. It really just is luck of the draw. For example, does anyone really think the Giants should be a - team on anyone's SOS? No way, they're year in and year out one of the toughest teams but because of his tough schedule it appears to be an "easy" win.

Cowboys and Broncos are just barely on the + side but they're not teams I'd want to play every week.

It's not an exact science but i'm glad daddy leagues does this and it's as close to a true SOS as we're gonna get

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Black Republican

Yea there's no doubt some teams get the short end of the rankings like the Giants, Broncos etc... Further adds to the argument of the depth of each div. The disparity from 1-4 says a lot.