Archived Year 5 Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

A couple of us have been talking behind closed doors of what tweaks should be made for next year. The biggest concerns this year were dropped passes and dominant CPU defensive lines. A concern of mine, which I surprised wasn't brought up from a spread coach, was the difficulty it was running an option offense. Now before you say 'What now, Jerz!' just relax, I'm going to drop what I've been working on since that discussion. I'm not here to sell you that 'Perfect Slider Set' dream but I will try to sell you that comfortable mattress that will help you get to that dream. This is still Chaos and we're still not in the business of blowing out A+ overall CPU controlled Alabama 42-3.

I will ensure you that I clearly know how sliders in NCAA '11 work and I know which ones 'connect' with each other. If you want to know which sliders connect to each other just ask me and you'll see that adjusting them becomes easier if you want make your own tweaks. Before you look at these tweaks and say 'What the fuck? Are you stupid or dumb? That shit won't work!' please give these tweaks a shot. I promise the results are better. I even have a boxscore from my latest game.

Tweaks will be in red

• Skill: Heisman
    • Game Speed: Normal
    • Min Speed Threshold: 0
    Penalties:

• Offsides: 100
    • False start: 100
    • Holding: 100
    • Facemask: 50
    • Offensive PI: 100
    • Defensive PI: 100
    • KR/PR Interference: 100
    • Clipping: 50
    • Intentional Grounding: 100
    • Roughing the Passer: 100
    • Roughing the Kicker: 100
    Sldiers (Human/CPU)

• QB Acc: 10/10
    • Pass Blk: 25/25
    • WR Catching: 90/90
    • Rb Ability: 50/100
    • Run Blocking: 50/50
    • Pass Coverage: 60/60
    • Interceptions: 100/100
    • Rush Defense: 50/50
    • Tackling: 75/55
    • FG Power: 25/25
    • FG Accuracy: 25/45
    • Punt Power: 20/40
    • Kickoff Power: 10/25
    Now I know y'all looking at the tweaks like 'Jerz you crazy! Pass Coverage at 10?!'. Don't worry, Pass Coverage and Interceptions are connected. You won't see any difference if I put the Interceptions at 10 and the Pass Coverage at 90. As long as those two sliders equal to 100 your pretty much golden. I placed Interceptions higher in this instance so that their are less dropped 'sure picks'. Plus the next tweak I made and this one need to be 'level' to keep it fair.

WR Catching at 90 is not that big of a deal, trust me once again. With QB Acc @ 10 this keeps the WR from dropping too many passes. WR Catch and QB Acc are another group of connected sliders. This doesn't have all WRs playing like Jerry Rice, it just keeps drops at a realistic rate without putting WR catch on conservative. Now your probably going to ask 'Why not just bump QB Accuarcy up?'. The problem with that is that it 'evens' your QB talents. You'll never see a difference between a 99acc QB and a 72acc back up. It also keeps users 'in check' knowing that their QB will still make some bad throws so they won't air it out the whole game. We'll still see 4,000 yard passers but not out of neccessity but more out of choice by the user.

Run Blocking and Rush Defense back to default will get the option offesnses moving. With our speed threshold at 0 it should work with no problem. To keep users from abusing the outside we put holding at 100. Now the only way you'll get called for holding is if you don't run the play its meant to be run. Taking a draw straight to the outside instead of hitting its hole first will get you penalized. I promise if you run the play correct, especially with blocking on default, holding will not be called. I get penalties here and there but nothing crazy. I've played over 20 games with this slider maxed out and haven't gotten anything crazy. This also keeps the use of aggresive blocking down. Then again if your lineman suck it may effect them more.

Any suggestions on what tweaks can be made? I've given mine with explanations for each. We want to try to tweak our current set and not introduce a new one.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Nevada (ME) Boise State (CPU)

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    [​IMG] Stat [​IMG]
    38 Score 10
    373 Total Offense 336
    13 1st Downs 18
    26-199-1 Rushes-Yards-TD 31-126-1
    13-19-4 Comp-Att-TD 15-24-0
    174 Passing Yards 210
    6-9(66%) 3rd Downs 4-10 (40%)
    3-3-0 Red Zone-TD-FG 1-1-0
    2 Turnovers 2
    1-41.0 Punt-Avg 4-42.5
    3-20 Penalties 4-35
    12:29 TOP 14:32

Key Stats

• C.Kaepernick (Nevada QB): 13att 84 yards running the option
    • Jerermy Avery (Boise HB): 20att 154 yards... I had no cure for him, default Nevada rosters were no match for him
    • Austin Pettis (Boise WR): 5rec 91yds 3TD... Boise's speed flexed their muscle a bit:)
    • Boise State stuffed me in the backfield 12 times but most of those times was because of a bad option read... I only had 2 TFLs

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Just played Florida State(Me) vs. Miami (CPU)... both QBs had a field day... Haulstead, my slot WR, was doing the Miami nickel back all game for well over 200 yards on 8 receptions... numbers a little inflated due to a 86 yarder which he had to spin off a guy and break an arm tackle... both QBs were over 400 yards passing as Harris was slinging it all around me... they had 26 first downs to my 18 and they won the game on a FG at the buzzer after I just went and tied it with 1:30 seconds left... Florida State: 41 Miami: 43

I have some highlights that I will upload later... thru all my slider testing I've realized maxing a slider out opens up the animations... I had a nice one handed, tip toe catch in the back of the endzone for a score.... I've never seen that before...

4. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I'll play an exhibition game with it and let you know what I think.

5. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

im ALL OVER these rosters as i will be using Oregon and prob their playbook... and if these sliders work like i THINK they will... this dynasty will move to my #1 focus spot as it will bring me the most fun... as an Orgeon fan, Chip Kelly fan (although its not a good replica of his offense i run it in the game like he does) and as a spread coach... PLEASE GOD let these work today in practice and we use them... /end shameless plea to the Higher Power

"E"

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I'll give these a whirl later. As you know I run spread, fairly effectively, but there are a number of spread plays that are worthless. Maybe these sliders will change that.

7. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

on paper it appears so... Run Blocking @ 50 and threshold @ 0 = pretty solid read options... i would only be in heaven LITERALLY if these sliders were set with game speed FAST... then spread option @ 0 threshold works GREAT... but Normal should do well... us spread guys will weigh in...

"E"

8. BG

BG On The Rize!

I am about to try these out as well. I am also a fan of the fast game speed. I think it will help out in the blitzing department!

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I like fast as well but didn't mention it because I know you guys are in multiple leagues and thought it wouldn't fly around here... I'm down for it.... I think it makes reads 'feel real'

10. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

he left off pass blocking from the list :rolleyes: goob

"E"

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

No its there, its @ 25

12. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

yes... i am retarded... carry on :confused:

"E"

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Ok. I just gave these a try. I was only able to play a half because the game froze (can you believe that ish!).

Auburn (me) 3 Florida (cpu) 24

Ok, the cpu worked me. John Brantley was hitting dudes (Hines, Frankie Hammond, Demps) all day. Overall I did not see much of a difference at all. There were 4 holding penalties in the first half (2 is fine, 4 is dumb). I had two fumbles which Florida scored on. Just like our sliders, if you lose the turnover battle with the CPU, you will most likely lose.

As for the read option: I ran it a bunch of times with Cammy Cam. I didn't notice a difference between Cam Newton and Trey Burton. In fact, on multiple plays on which the DE crashed, Cam was still blown up in the backfield by Florida's DL.

I am going to try the same set with the game speed set to fast.

14. BG

BG On The Rize!

no pass rush slider?

15. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Just played another half, this time on fast.

Auburn (me) 14 Florida (cpu) 7

This was a better game for me, because I only turned the ball over once. Let me say this: on fast with a 99 guy, I feel sorry for you if he gets in space. Demps in the open field was FAST (but he should be IMO.)

The real difference was in the running. Michael Dyer - 7 car 25 yards & Cam Newton 7 car 36 yards.

So I will go on record as a fan of giving "fast" a try for next season.

16. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

i second that... heisman fast 0 thresh = REALEST(my new word) college experience... from personal experience...

"E"

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I put pass coverage back to what it was (60) and bumped interceptions up to 100... so far me (Miami) and Florida are having a dogfight, secondary is responding a bit better... right now we just traded interceptions, hopefully thats not a trend

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Florida working me right now! I don't even wanna finish this game... Florida up 14-0 after one, their spread is driving me crazy:)

19. BG

BG On The Rize!

Just finished my game with USC (cpu) 34 - UCLA (me) 31

Had some pretty good moments in the game especially in the passing game. Running was still pretty difficult ( I actually think it was better using the other sliders. The defensive line was pretty tough. I ran the ball 24 times for 0 yds. HB had 29yds on 16 carries. Got sacked 5 times (three of which the defensive tackle came unblocked). Some of the throws were very arrid, but I guess everything can't be perfect. My biggest concern to this point would have to be the pass coverage (especially in man coverage. USC's WR's were open all day. My CB's were like zombies and running around in space, hence Matt Barkley 20 of 23 476yds and 3 td's. One lone pick came on a tipped pass. Descent, but still needs a little adjusting, JMO.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Running still difficult? I'm not having issues but I'd say turn the CPU defense to 45 or 40. Didn't touch the pass protection slider so I'd say the USC defensive line is just better than UCLA's o-line. And I found that passing felt wide open too. Forgot that we didn't play on default because of that. But if you play on default (50 PC and 50 INT) it will feel just like 10PC and 90INT. I actually just played with Pass Coverage at 60 (like the current set) and interceptions at 100. Smart throws are key because the secondary reacts 20x better. Brantley (CPU) went 8/24 and I went 15/31 with Jacory Harris. I threw 4 picks but they were all forced throws. Didn't have any errant throws, just had to throw away 4 passes due to the rush.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BG

BG On The Rize!

SO as to know how much to put into these sliders, you said that we are tweaking, not changing! Can someone explain the difference to me? What I mean is, tweaking is a form of changing and everything is up for tweaking, right, so doesn't that essentiallly mean changing?

22. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

lol...I imagine that we are going to vote on the tweaks / changes, right Ray:cool:?

23. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I used the sliders and played osu (me) versus Penn State.. game seemed to play out fine..my only question was the Pass Coverage. A few times my 88 awarnesss rated corner continued down the field like 15 yards after the WR broke his route off...Just seemed like my DBs were all dumber than a box of rocks...

24. BG

BG On The Rize!

hello!

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah that's why I put mine back to 60 pass coverage, the same as the current set. All I did was bump interceptions up to 100. I like it there others may not. I just wanted to address the dominant CPU lines and WRs dropping passes. Don't know where to go if default is still not producing an easier time for some. Then again I'm done suggesting shit because folks are going to bitch either way. So whatever y'all agree on is fine with me, I just threw my thoughts out there.

/call me when bowl season gets here:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.