Year 6 Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jan 23, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Its that time of year fellas. This season we are introducing a slightly different set. A few changes here and there. The biggest change in the sliders is that their will be no tweaks made at all unless their are a drastic reason why it should be tweaked. This even goes for the 'little' tweaks I've been making. All suggestions now go through Maximus21. If he thinks it should be looked into he'll pass it up the ladder. If you don't participate in this preseason slider OD and give opinions don't complain later in the season. Any threads complaining about sliders (please send PM to Maximus if issue arises) will be deleted. And just to end any specualtion, the new set has QB Accuracy set at 10 (@Mr2Bits;)). The rest of the slider set will not be posted on TSO. It is a merge between this original set and some tweaks someone made of the set from another forum.
    Invites will be sent out today to participate in the test OD. Please play with as many teams as you like. Please post feedback in this thread, even slider suggestions and the reason why they should be changed. Also, from the games you play could you just post the scores of them in here and your thoughts of the game. Not asking for a summary just some thoughts.
    And remember this is Chaos, we earn our wins 'round here!
    Happy Labbin'!!

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Invites Sent. If you didn't get an invite just let me know and I'll get it out to you soon.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Season Now Up. Advance will be everyday around 2pm est.

4. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

played north carolina vs LSU and won 9-6. game was really good. two good defensive teams.
    only thing i noticed was the lack of pass protection
    im gonna play a game with ohio state and see if the protection is better bc carolinas oline is not that great.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

It should be better. User Pass Block is at 100 and CPU Pass Rush is at 0. Can't get any better than that:)

6. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

lol i know. thats why i was wondering what the hell was going on
    then i looked at their ratings...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I'll try this out either tonight or tomorrow.

8. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

User pass block at 100. Gotta start recruiting my air raid offense for next year when Stanley is gone

9. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

Oklahoma 40 - Florida St. 7

Oklahoma Key Stats:

Landry Jones: 20/31, 255 Yds, 2 TD, 2 INT
    DeMarco Murray: 30 Car, 258 Yds, 1 BTK

Florida St Key Stats:

Christian Ponder: 8/19, 107 Yds
    Jermaine Thoma: 11 Car, 76 Yds

Observations: I beat the crap out of Florida St. Aside from a 23 yd. run in which Thomas broke about 4 tackles their offense couldn't do anything. I ran 70 plays to their 39 and controlled the ball the entire game. I had 22 first down to their 5, and won the T.O.P. 18:00 to 10:00. One of the INTs I threw I must not of had my feet set because the rec was wide open and the pass was off by a good 8-10 yds. On the other INT, the cornerback broke on the dig route like he knew it was coming. As we all probably know, I find it very hard to complete anything but crossing routes on Man to Man coverage. I don't think this has to do with the sliders though.

I'm probably not the best person to test the sliders because Oklahoma in Chaos is not very good right now. I'll try to switch teams to a lesser team and give them a spin. For what its worth though, I thought these were a lot easier than what we played on last year. OU is ranked #14 and FSU is #19 and I pounded them like a drum.

10. Maximus21

I beat Vandy 30-13 as LSU. To the surprise of no one Jordan Jefferson is a terrible passer. Most of my scores came on big plays but I was trying out UL Monroe's playbook. I'm sure with a playbook I am familiar with that I could have killed them much worse but I should since Vandy is awful.

The fast game speed is an adjustment but I'm sure that will be fine with time. The sliders seem good to me aside from a lack of penalties [​IMG].

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@ticket

That score is pretty close to the real life score:thumbsup: Well the Seminoles lost by 30 and you beat 'em by 33.

@Max

I'll put holding up to 55 and see what happens.

12. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

Any chance I can get an invite to test these a few games?

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I had a helluva game against Miss State using Auburn yesterday. I won 17-15 as I forced a fumble on my 1 yard line with under 5 seconds to go to win the game. Their lineman almost fell into the endzone but fell an inch short, if NCAA '11 had a 'reach for the endzone/first down' animation I would of lost. Had pictures and highlights but they didn't upload yesterday.

Edit: I just went to see what Auburn did against the Bulldogs in real life... they beat 'em 17-14[​IMG]

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Send me friend request on PSN. And I'll invite you when I get off from work (12pm est)

15. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

no problem

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Face your invite was sent.

Does anyone have any issues with this set?

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I transferred the power over to Max since he's the Slider Manager and I retired from it because I think it was causing my 'transfer upload failures'. I'll soon find out the next time I'm needed to advance.

18. Maximus21

I like the set and if there are any complaints let me know and they will be reviewed for next season.

I doubt that I will be advancing that slider dynasty very often. I will just be using it as a testing grounds for future reviews.

19. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

@Maximus21 Dont want this to sound like a complaint lol...because I did like the sliders. Just wonder if everyone else likes the game speed on fast?...If yes than I will just get used to it. But, I did like whatever the setting was on last year more.

20. Maximus21

Yea I never played on it before this so I'm getting used to it also. Last year was a mess with all the changes so we want to save changes for the next year.

21. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

that makes sense..Id rather not have the sliders changed during the season too

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

The rushing game is too easy

23. Maximus21

I haven't seen other guys rushing numbers and I can't really base it off of my team. I'm not sure if I suck at passing right now and I haven't checked anyone else's numbers but I'm around 50%. I can't say that it's a slider issue but I say play the season as is and get that much more data for adjustments. Thoughts?

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Its a slider issue, I know what it is but this not my lane anymore. Run Blocking at 50, Outside is open. If you go in practice mode and run counters and tosses vs. man you'll see what I mean

25. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I have to agree with this, especially for you people who complained about passing being too easy. My game against Stanford is a perfect example.

I have two running backs. My main running back is Roger Clark (Rated 98) and My back up is Brooks Bennett (rated 85). Clark is used to run between the tackles, mostly in I-Form or signleback formations. Bennett, a speed back, is used on midirections, toss plays to the outside and shotgun formations to get him in space as a runner/receiver.

Here is the numbers from my last game

Roger Clark 10 car 72yds 1TD
    Brooks Bennett 13 car 225 4TD (Dem Polk High Numbers)