Yet Another Heisman Post

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by DJ Rhude, Feb 13, 2009.

1. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Yet Another Heisman Post

Sorry fellas, gotta revisit this topic again....after nearly falling asleep in my Big 12 Championship game against Mizzou last night, I couldn't help but wonder how it would've went on the Heisman level.....with the caliber of teams we're using, it is getting really boring playing the computer on AA.....plus the scores are getting way out of hand, and you can include me in that discussion after ringing up 80 points on Baylor without even trying.....

AA is fine for the 70-79 ovr rated teams.....with maxed out sliders you can get a good game from the computer, even loss a few

The main problem though is the emphasis on speed......you can have a low rated team and still dominate the cpu if you have speed in the right positions

But look at the scores we're seeing every week, 59-0, 73-14, 80-14, LOL....it's pure comedy

Ryno, I know it has to chafe a bit to see those scores, knowing you're trying to run a sim league

Anyone happen to peep the insane individual stats everyone's getting?

McDuffie, Williams, Moody, RJ Washington, Scott, JJ (last year).....these guys are putting up season stats, most players wouldn't see in their entire 4 year careers

I know the word Heisman spooks most cats, but contrary to what you think, you don't need to be a stick hockey to beat teams on that level....nor do you need to cheese.....you just can't rely on running your comfort zone plays all game, knowing the cpu can't stop them on the AA level...Heisman forces you to really explore your playbook

Factor in that most of us are seasoned players that have been playing the NCAA title since it's inception, AA is no match for any of us running with elite teams

Hell, I'd agree to be the guniea pig, let me play my bowl game on Heisman, see what happens

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I was just going to post that........but what sliders on heisman.......maybe grab some from OS. I doubt the 50 across the board is doable.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I wouldn't mind heisman at this point.

4. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

It's going to be self control. Putting up 60 on Baylor is one thing. Putting up 70 on Missiouri or LSU is another. And I'm not at all for artificially making crappy CPU teams good just so we might loose a game to them vs playing AA. I would rather pick scabs off of old people in a nursing home than play on the arcade crap that is Heisman level.

We can look at rules like the higher rated player starts over the younger faster player, we can look at limiting the # off scholarships besed on your teams *rating. We can look at recruiting where there is need, but I'm not playing on Heisman, period. Again, if that is the consensus, by all means move up and I'll respectfully bow out. But I've been down that road in Madden and that was the single worst decision we EVER made in the 10 years of online PC leagues was to try to play on the All Madden level and think that fudging the sliders meant anything.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    IMO there should never be a restriction on playing players at positions besides the others...why are you so opposed to heisman? There is not much we can do anymore at AA it seems and heisman isn't bad because I play on heisman with juggs in another league. With the rosters currently constructed, it won't be bad at all because we have great teams.

6. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

To each his own

I've never played Madden on anything but All-Madden though....anything under that was too easy.....

The computer does not cheat on the Heisman level, that's that mass hysteria again lol.....crazy how many people actually believe that shit

I'll ball on whatever level, but it won't matter what restrictions would be put in effect, it will always be a mismatch on the AA level

But I understand some people refuse to get out of their comfort zone, so be it

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Kinger...why dont you try it and see how it is. I haven't yet but I am willing to try. I still think we are going to kill the shitty teams on Heisman but maybe top 25 teams will be a little touger.....everyone needs to try it and give back their opinion

8. Kingerock

like I said, been there, done that and I don't need to test it out. It's not worth it to me. I'm not playing Heisman. If we move, that really is fine, just I don't want to play on that, so I'll very respectfully bow out and play offline or go buy another game.

For the first time in years i'm enjoying online play, human vs human. I really don't care about the CPU games that much. I just know I wont enjoy it and I'm at an age and place in my life where I don't have to do something I don't want to do.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well I guess that's the purpose of it...because the CPU games are no longer fun...unless you like blowing out every opponent by 40+

human vs. human shouldn't be much of a difference...lower scores all around...probably better sim play...if INT's are too high, set them lower to 0 like we have now...

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i think your over reacting a bit Kinger.. you havn't even tried it. This isn't PC Madden, you don't know what it is going to be like, your just making an assumption at this point. I would hope the fun and people in this league would be enough to at least give it a shot.

You know i have never dictated a league based on what one person wants, that being said, i would be very sad to lose you as a member because you've been my friend for like 10 years now... please open up your options a bit, i like having buddies in the league. The CPU games are ridiculous at this point, and that's more than half the games we play every season.

11. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I agree the cpu games are not fun anymore..... As my team speed has progressed it is just too easy to get to the house at any time. If we are playing games against the elite of the country those game should be barn burners unless you are USC who destroys SEC, Big 12, Big 10, and virtually every other opponent not included in the PAC 10.

We should atleast try it to see if there is a positive difference.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

why do i always get called out?

heisman is a good move in my opinion. we play that in the league me, mo ,and juggs are in and we get realistic scores(of course we are conf usa i believe so that may have something to do with it).

13. jfosh

jfosh Super

I think we have to try @ this point. We have been tweaking the sliders all along. Now lets try the biggest slider we got!

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The only thing that matters is that every current owner agrees to it. I cant see making the move and then having solid owners like Helli or Kinger shut it down at this point.

We are in five seasons lets play this game out, I think its a bad move if it causes us to lose anyone.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Im not saying we make the move yet.. we can still adjust more sliders on AA, crank Def Awareness all the way to 100 bump up CPU tackling, break block etc.... and crank up the CPU offensive sliders too while dropping USER's .... but at some point it may not matter on AA.

I would just like to atleast hear from those who aren't in favor of Heisman that if we try everything else on AA and we still are blowing the CPU out that they aren't going to take their ball and go him if we need to give Heisman a looksy, im mean at the very least it needs to be tried before judgement is passed. Im willing to compromise and try everything... it seems Kinger is isolated to just doing it one way or he's out.. and as much as i like him, thats kind of the wrong attitude IMO.

16. Kingerock

If this were a league where when we were up 56-3 early in the 3rd we were all pulling our starters and not snapping the ball another 30+ times I think there is an argument to be had.

But we seem to want to put 80+ points up or get our Freshman RB into the Heisman race by inflating stats.

The top teams in the nation, which we all have, should be going with 1-3 losses a season. The only exceptions to me are Texas A&M, Purdue Oklahoma State and Oregon who all have had struggles in early seasons but all have also built solid teams through recruiting. If I remember correctly A&M struggled with CPU games in early seasons, Oregon and Purdue are finally getting to a powerhouse point 5 seasons in. We've all dropped a game to a Florida or Nortre Dame, but under no circumstance should in a real world situation ANY of our teams loose to Illinois or Kansas or Stanford.

What I would like to see before we discuss moving to Heisman is asking ourselves some questions.

1. Why are we scoring 77 points a game? Is it really the level or are we trying to impress visitors or inflate stats?

2. Why are we not scheduling 1 or 2 more games againts other CPU powerhouse teams? Why am I playing Lousiana Lafayette?

3. Will I feel better playing a close game against a 3rd tier team or doing my part to schedule better games and play a more realistic gameplan, rather than trying to get my star freshman WR 2000 recieving yards and 38 TD catches this season?

I think if we look at ourselves FIRST then we'll find some solutions. I promise you that a move to Heisman will not be the answer to those questions. If we can answer those questions honestly and still think a move to Heisman is the answer, by all means move. But don't single me out as the dude that is 'one way only' when it's all of us that are not doing our part to play a more realistic game.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i blew out #3 Miami at Pro Players last year... wasn't even a challenge...

At some point it becomes obvious that "BIG" games against the CPU just don't bring a challenge either. I should have lost the Miami game if things are realistic.

While i agree the powerhouse schools should be winning... they shouldn't be beating other top 25 schools by 50 points. I will continue to try to make AA realistic for the sake of those that want to stay at that level, but just know that if things continue to be so easy and we are dominating top level CPU teams we will have to take a look at some other options... and just as im trying to make comprimises.. i would hope your intent would be the same, and give some deference to others in the league that are begging for more of a challenge.

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

all you have to do is look at teams schedules the past few years and you will see i have been scheduling TOP TIER opponents for OOC games. Playing the ULaLa teams is a thing of the past, some teams have had BRUTAL CPU schedules and it's made no difference. The only reason their are perceived cupcakes on some schedules is that we have to take care of some of the BCS buster teams if we ever want a Human v Human NC... so i try to give everyone a shot at teams that could go undefeated in weak conferences.

19. Kingerock

Again, I don't want to sound ungreatful or selfish, I just enjoy the User games so much right now, especially our sliders as they stand TODAY. I just hate to think what a Heisman move would do to that Chemistry.

My frustration isn't with this league or what we have to do, it's with the fact that this is and always will be a video game. It's not built for us to have a realistic experience, it's built for the other x-million players to want to play over and over again, and for that it has to be built where I can take my favorite 'Baylor Bears' and beat anyone in the nation after 2 years of recruiting. Just a catch 22 that I wish we didn't have to deal with but I fear we always will.

20. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I think you've singled yourself out from the beggining by your statements about leaving 0 room for comprimise if the rest of the league wants to try something different.... you've always stated without question that your leaving and don't even want to try it out. That's seems to me, to be a little selfish and put's me, as your friend, in a tough position.

21. Kingerock

well you know how your friends in your leagues always love to put you in tough positions! lol!

22. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

doesn't make it right!!!! ;)

23. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I don't know if you were directing this comment at me or not, but for the record, I don't play for individual awards

Travis Green has modest stats compared to McDuffie, Goodman and Williams.....I could care less about him winning the Heisman, I want a National Title....I never tried to boost his stats for the sake of winning the Heisman

24. Kingerock

oh no, directed at all of us. I think we've all dropped 80 bombs on the CPU.

25. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    But there's a point that this AA can't be tweaked anymore and a more harder challenge needs to be put to the forefront.

Last game I scored over 80, I was around 50+ points, I put the backups in and super simmed...it's no longer fun to play the CPU and who plays not to score? I know there were a few times I could have myself ran more time off the clock but if I'm scoring with my 1st string or 3rd string, what fun is that?

Oh and if we don't score 80, we'll still be around 60 points...either way the games won't be that fun, it just shows that the scores are cosmetically closer.

Like BBJ said, me juggs and him are in a heisman league. Mind you the talent competition is lower but I see it from this standpoint. The talent level is even in that league and there are games I'm struggling to get by the CPU...games where I flat out lose and games where there isn't no contest. The difference between the talent though is all of us have the speed advantage over the CPU teams just about and that's the upper hand we have...and even heisman doesn't make up for the speed there because I straight had my WR from Tulsa Brennan Marion win the heisman with beastly stats. Heisman still makes the game more challenging from the CPU standpoint and head to head, there was little to no difference in how the games played. In fact I still had games where the scores ventured into the 50's with humans.

Kinger, I'm basically stating that the league needs more than an alteration...it needs a fix because at this point, all of us are 5 or 6 stars...we are just about all powerhouse teams. Heisman presents more of a challenge and honestly, on heisman, there hasn't been a moment where I said, "THIS IS FUCKING HEISMAN CPU CHEATING BS"...in fact one game I recall where my freshman WR fumbled twice on my last drive, got overturned both times and then my RB running into the endzone, dives and the ball magically drops from his grasps...both not only happened on the same game but on the AA level!