YLOD

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fsupenguin, Dec 8, 2010.

1. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

Florida might be done. My PS3 would turn on this evening, and all information I can find tells me it is not even worth trying to get someone to fix it. Not sure when or if I can come up with the cash for a new slim one. I should know this weekend for sure, at that point I'll either have a new one, know when I'll have a new one, or just saying so long.

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

This happened to me about two months ago. It was because I hit the power switch to turn it off. Sucks man.

3. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

NOOOOOOO! well u kno i feel ur pain, my 60gig fatty died a few months ago and i eventually ended up buying a slim, damn man that sucks! just keep us updated coach

4. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

its interesting how many of these are going out on different members in TF. I still have my original and has worked just fine, & I do have a backup system just in case. :thumbsup:

5. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

Looks like I can pick up a new one a week from tomorrow, Friday. Also my current one might have just needed a cleaning, either way I am replacing it next week. Just need to learn how to transfer the data to the new one if I can. Anyone know how to do that?

6. Itsnotagame

Itsnotagame Walk On

Simple process you just need a Ethernet cable. Does your old one still boot up? Because of you can't get to the main screen you can't transfer files.

7. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

Here is the thing though, I am planning to trade this old on it to help pay for the new one as it looks like all it needed was some serious canned air treatment. Is there a way to transfer the data to something else in the mean time?

8. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

get yrself a portable hard drive and thast should work, I've done that recently just in case i get the dreaded YLOD.