You all knew it was coming....

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Well, much to my surprise it appears that the bowl games are still fubar'd even following EA's claim that they fixed them from the server side. This has been confirmed since the deuce advanced to the bowls tonight and the first two guys to play their games got the now beloved 'transfer failed' glitch after finishing their games.

I'm honestly very much on the fence at this point about how much I want to put up with this garbage anymore.

The question is-what now?

We have a few options:

1. Wait it out until they fix it.
    2. Keep going accepting that any number of games might need to be simmed.
    3. Bag NCAA in favor of some other game (madden, FIFA, NBA, pokemon) and transition our group into a late night league in dome other game.

I'm not doing this to start another diatribe with the apologist patrol around the site, so please keep this on point and bitch about EA in one of the many threads available to do so.

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow.

2. Dru50

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

If we were to say "Screw you EA" - why would we go out and run our league on another one of their products. I'm saying 2k or bust if we make it a new game. Not saying that we should, because I am an NCAA fan first - but it's my two cents on what should happen should the league head in that direction.

Also, I want to post this so everyone can see it:

This was on July 18th...
    :doodie::doodie::doodie:

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well Dan got a transfer fail and it went through...Cougs played my game in the Night Owls and got a transfer fail and it went through. Lets see if the Deuce's games actually do fail.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'd like to push through...I cant afford another game to be honest with you. FIFA sounds cool but i dont know or care much about soccer. Im a college football guy and like it or not, im going to stick with the stupid game and all its bugs.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just keep playing, I've been around long enough to know that a stoppage will just kill the league. You don't want me to be reminded of all the things I can do with an extra hour plus of time daily. Also I have no desire at all to get a NBA 2K game so if that's the way you guys go I'll have more time for FIFA.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Or we could just protest by shutting the league down and boycotting the game, I'd be game but don't see it happening.

Obviously I don't care either way, which basically puts me in the same mindset as the EA employees.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

We'd be running another one of EA Sport's products but not one of Tiburon's and i'm almost willing to bet that is where these problems are lying. EA Canada seems to put out a much better product and is A LOT more interactive with it's community. If this league folds i will more than likely be trading in NCAA.

As far as what i think we should do. I really don't know. I enjoy playing with all of you VERY MUCH, but i'm at the point where i don't want anyone to have to put up with this shit any long and i'm ready to say its every man for themselves.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Time to break out NCAA 11

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

yo, answer my question in the Any Given Sunday thread.

11. sreese

sreese Walk On

Guys being the new guy, i dont really feel my opinion matters to much. With that being said, im willing to stick it out. I love this group of guys and i still like this game. I just hate waiting 3 months to get a fix for a game i bought understanding it would need a few minor tweaks. Not a system overhaul.

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I am goin to get FIFA and 2K , so I will switch to eiher with no problem, but I prefer to keep playing. Let's have a smidge of faith that it will work out, but have a backup plan if it doesn't . However, let's not act like some OD and act like all is well and it's no biggie just so some guys keep the little game changer status (SMH) :/

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Transfer fails have been reporting, which is new. Our first bowl week worked just fine, this bowl week is the first of the new dynasty. If we get the glitch we can always restart the dynasty at the bowl week, or just see if the reported scores go through like many are saying they do.

if dru and I play the national title game, I don't really care if it doesn't report. We will know who won and will have had fun playing it. I like developing my team and making new offensive strategies. This glitch doesn't really prevent me from doing that, I would very much like the league to continue.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yes we must continue damnit! Im married with children, im not allowed out of the house for christ sake! Push on and EA will eventually get this shit sorted out, hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cheez

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I'm still going to play NCAA either way so I say continue on playing with the understand that their will be issues, not ideal but it is what it is. If we do switch games though I fully support the move to pokemon.

17. Dru50

OK - since there is enough of you that want to keep plugging along I'm willing to do so. Like I said in another thread, this group in here is the only reason I didn't trade in NCAA a month ago. I think we have a great group and I'm very proud of how active and enjoyable this dynasty has been (minus the EA crap).

18. Cheez

Sounds good to me.

19. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

I just managed to pull Arizona out of the jaws of death and save the state, we can't quit now. Plus I am excited to keep whopping on recchem2000 in two leagues :cool:

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

FU again Darr...I believe I will be saying this a lot to you over the next 10 months!

• Like Like x 1
  21. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

lol. I got bored only picking on Cheez so i asked myself who is a good sport and can be made fun of a lot? and you were the first person to pop into my head.

• Like Like x 1
  22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I guess I should be flattered :D

23. Dru50

Not sure if this matters to anyone, but this is what I read over in the Experience forum:

"From OS it sounds like the patch both breaks new custom playbooks AND breaks existing ones. I'm not sure that I'll download the patch (which means I couldn't play our OD) until I know that my CPB is safe.

Also, it appears as if the patch broke no huddle (which they weren't even supposed to touch) so, again, there's a high likelihood that I won't download the patch."

If any of this is true on the xbox side - which we won't know for probably a few games weeks - I may be seriously reconsidering my stance on this game. If only for the sake of my sanity.

24. sreese

sreese Walk On

Dru you have probably already seen this but his is a link to what ea's guy posted. Got the link from operation sports.
    http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/title-update-2-details

25. Dru50

Well, it's been confirmed by guys here at TSO - the no huddle is completely screwed (on offense and defense) after the patch and the patch/server fix for the transfer failed issue appears to have done nothing, as everyone who has apparently played bowl games in the past 24-48 hours have gotten an error message when leaving the game.

{sigh}