You can't make this shit up.........

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jkhaalis991, Aug 29, 2010.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Feb 10, 2009
    You can't make this shit up.........

Man posed as 14-year-old to play football
    Fox Sports

When Chad Jordan took the field to play in the Tampa Bay Youth Football League, he may have looked like a man among boys.

And there was a reason for that.

Jordan was actually Julious Javone Threatts, a 21-year-old who posed as a middle schooler, joined the youth league and attempted to register at a Tampa middle school.

"He really acted like a kid," Ray McCloud, coach of the Town 'N' Country Raiders told the St. Petersburg Times. "My son is 13, and my son was hanging out with him, and (Threatts) acted more immature than (my son)."

Threatts now faces charges of trespassing on school grounds, obstruction by a disguised person and violation of probation.

Steve Levinson, president of the football league, said Threatts turned in all the necessary registration paperwork, including a copy of his birth certificate, now determined to have been a fake.

"He duped everyone," Levinson said.

Threatts, who is 5-foot-11 and 160 pounds (10 pounds under the league's maximum allowed limit), played in the first game of the season.

He had told league officials that his parents had died in a car crash and he was being raised by his older brother.

But something didn't quite add up for McCloud, who began inquiring about his new player. McCloud ultimately found Threatts' Facebook page, which stated that he was a graduate of Leto High School.

McCloud said he thinks Threatts did it because "he just wanted to play football."

"I don't think he was good enough to play semipro or anything," McCloud said. "This might sound crazy, but I feel sorry for him ... they say he's a man, but he really acted like a sweet kid."

Only in America.
  2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Apr 14, 2010
  3. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Feb 22, 2009
    I just want to know what kind of stats he put up against those youngsters.
  4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
    The football player...

1 for 13 passes for 3 yards and 5 interceptions...

Damn robo defense...