You guys can replace me

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by NYJuggalo45, Dec 16, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

You guys can replace me

First off, let me say this has nothing to do with yesterday's rant or the recent losses I've had. Totally different reasons why I've come to this decision to step down.

It has been brought to my attention by one of the original members of the Tradition that I have not been pulling my weight and have been holding up the league pretty regularly. It was suggested that it would be better to quit at this point than have the constant hold ups, sims and auto-pilots. And honestly, I can't argue with him that he is wrong.

Me and Blaza were the last to play in Week 5 on Monday (my fault, not his) and we advanced late Monday night. I didn't know that by Tuesday night, everyone else would be done with their games and be ready to advance, so my game got simmed again.

I guess I just don't have the time to keep up these days. And it's not fair to the 11 other members in the league who can keep up with the pace we're going at, and can even push it faster to 24 hour advances. Between work, other interests outside of video games, as well as me and my g/f moving in together after the 1st of the year and me getting ready to propose to her (finally), my life has changed in the last few months, and I guess my NCAA playing/forum participation has been the thing to take a backseat.

At this point, replacing me with KnighNoles or someone like him would probably be for the best. They would be very enthusiastic about joining the websites founding/premier league and definitely would be an upgrade over me as far as getting their shit done in a timely manner.

Unfortunately, this probably means I am out when 2011 comes out and T1 reforms for the next game. That part sucks the worst. But I'd like to be the first person on the waiting list for a spot if any open next year. This has easily been the most fun I have ever had playing video games in my 25+ years of them and I've met/made some great guys/friends because of this league. Thanks to all of you for the fun times.

I'll still be around the boards from time to time. Someone please beat Bruce for christ sakes so he doesn't become the 1st ever 3-peat champion in T1 history (Helli didn't do that last year did he?).

Later guys, Mike-Juggs

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

boooo... don't listen to anybody telling you your holding things up.. and shame on whoever simmed your game, this isn't a 1 day advance league. Don't leave Mike, you need to stick it out man...

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

this is what i think about this!!

[youtube]wiqPbijmSuE[/youtube]

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

nothing was said maliciously (sp?) towards me, want to clear that up right now and not put this on anyone but my shoulders.

it is the truth though that i have been slacking in the league for the past couple of seasons and i really don't want to hold you guys up cause im busy and can't get my game in immediately or whatever. i am totally fine with game being simmed/me being auto-piloted from time to time when i can't make a game. but at the same time, i don't want to feel like 11 other guys are sitting there twiddling their thumbs waiting for juggs to get his shit done....again. especially when it's user-user games like was this weekend. i think everyone else was done as of saturday night, and i wasn't available to play blaza til monday, which just blows for everyone else in the league

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

why dont you just go on auto for the rest of the season and just do your recruiting?

Comeback next season....take a break for the holidays? What they hell are you going to do over the winter???

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hey man, I really wish you'd reconsider. I'm with Ryno in that this shouldn't be a 1 day hard advance league. Having to sim games (I've even gotten simmed user games) to me does more harm than good.

Sure, everyone is chomping at the bit to advance-- but it makes the guys who have an issue getting a game in (for whatever reason) lose interest. Mostly because to have spent 3 hours doing off season and playing countless games during the season only to have an important game simmed is damn frustrating. Stick it out man.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Am I nostradomus?
    Seriously that would suck if u left. I just think we have been moving along so quick lately. Not to put pressure to get a game in or anything. Bleh :(

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I guess this mean Helli is gone too(n)

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Apples and Oranges Mo. This isn't me quitting cause im tired of the game. It's cause I don't want to be a burden/hold up the rest of the league.

I don't think/hope Helli won't quit. I'm easily replaceable, he is not.

I'm ok with JMS's idea of the auto-pilot, but it's not like I can't make every game. Last night I couldn't, but didn't realize we would advance in 24 hours. Which by all means, you guys should do if the 11 other people are done. Shouldn't wait for me. But by the same token, I don't know if by next season it will be any better with me. And then we have another season with a non-participating owner. Not sure that's what is best for the #1 TF league

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Auto pilot, play and recruit when you can. Come back when you can. Cant have you leavin...cant do it.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Juggs: As we emailed about today, there was a miscommunication. After it seemed to me (and others) in the league like you were considering the idea of quitting, you then texted me that I could immediately sim you/your recruiting anytime you were the last game remaining.

I took that to mean that you had totally lost interest. I don't know where the "can't do" attitude on recruiting comes from as I've watched you build powerhouse teams out of Colorado and Wyoming before. Yeah more guys going after recruits but I know you're good enough to get a piece of the pie if you're determined enough. And I know the unsettled roster situation is what's driving your frustration. With all the signs I was seeing, and then the fact that you weren't on at all yesterday, I took that to mean that you were pretty much done for all intents and purposes. That's when I thought o.k. if he's just gonna be simmed every week maybe that's as good as quitting and that's why I said what I said. If you need two days to advance, no problem, all of us would rather have you in the league. If you simply don't feel like playing a game, please let me know.

You aren't holding up the league in any way. Don't quit unless you want to and please don't make me the scapegoat, my popularity is already in a lull... lol.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

the idea that he was holding up the league to me doesn't exist IMO. In fact I don't mind when we have a 2-3 day advance..........gives me a break. I have no problem waiting. You are a popular guy in the league and you have been here since kickoff. Please re-think and get back to us.

Plus who will I be able to beat if you aren't here..........;)

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

As I told Helli yesterday in email, there was definitely some miscommunication between us.

I did tell him that he could sim/auto me without asking, but I meant it more towards when I am gone for a few days. I won't lie and say that I like this game, or like my team, or like the crappy losses I've had the last few weeks. And if this was any other game/any other league, I would totally bring this shit back to Gamestop and get something I enjoy playing. But I do like everyone in this league and as I said in the 1st post in this thread, this has been the most fun I've had playing video games, so for those reasons alone I would tough it out.

My biggest thing is holding up the rest of you guys. Helli texted me on Saturday that there was a UNC-Miami thread. I wasn't able to play Blaza til Monday. So the entire league was put on hiatus until then. If we were on hold for someone like Bruce or JMS who love this shit, that would be one story. But to hold up for a few days for someone who really doesn't like the game, that's not fair to the people who do and want to keep moving quickly. So this is why when Helli said it would be better to quit that have all the sims/auto pilots, I took it as I was holding up the league and guys were getting annoyed at that and at me not being the most active coach, which I guess I was wrong in assuming.

The sim of my cpu game the other day was a misunderstanding. I had no idea we would advance in 24 hours. And Helli assumed that it was fine to sim it based on our previous conversation.

I'd love to stay in the league solely to play with you guys and reserve my spot for NCAA 2011 as long as you guys are cool with me missing games from time to time. If you'd rather have someone who will be on Xbox every night banging out their shit, not holding things up, not being simmed or auto-piloted from time to time, then by all means please replace me. I would totally understand and not be mad.

Going forward, Helli, JMS, Blaza, etc all have my cell number. Anytime I'm last, just shoot me a text. I'll let you guys know when I'll be able to play and you guys can make the determination what to do. I would solely be in the league for the friends/comradarie (sp?), and for next year's game...so any sim losses I get are fine. Don't care if I finish 6-6 or 13-0, not why I would stay in the league and continue playing.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm pretty sure no one has been actively looking for another Miami coach.
    Also the fact that this thread hasn't been given a ton of attention shows another thing.
    Your the Miami coach and that's that. :)

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

FACT!!! You ain't leavin bra. Sorry 'Bout It!