You guys have done an unbelievable job but.....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I think we may be going a little too fast for our own good.

We have raced through this offseason at record pace but we have to be very careful not to out run ourselves and our owners.

For the most part, our owners were here ready to draft or get their cuts in, etc etc but there are a handful of owners who had to be waited on for a little bit. And from what I observed everything short of calling mother-in-laws took place to find these guys.

I am a guy that is 100% OMFL but to be honest, this is the first offseason that I couldnt keep up. Everytime I cam in here we were 100 steps farther that when I last left.

We have to remember that the foundation of this league is built on owners with families and careers,which ultimately trump the OMFL. And if we push only 1 of these owners to far and they are forced to step-down, all this rapid fire pace wasnt worth it.

In my opinion, we need to just back down a little. Get back under the speed limit and let our guys take a deep breath and get things in order.

Thoughts?

2. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I agree. Im not complaining but I was kind of hoping Id have the ability to trade my picks after my weekend away with the wife and before even I got home we were up to my pick. With that being said, perhaps a season 4 is more than possibility.

Im still trying to play catch up but perhaps we can get an idea of what our fellow owners want to do before we head into the off season.

I was able to keep up with the progression/regression, cap related stuff mainly because of the XFN site. Made it very easy to see who went up and down this year but the draft is tough and I feel a little behind the curve.

Pretty damn excited to play games again though...

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

OK, since we are live drafting tuesday night, I would hope to have a nice period before the 72 blind bidding session starts to get some things in order. These include: verifying that all capbooks are correct, verifying that the online franny rosters match to what we have on the capbook, verifying that what is in both the capbook and online franny matches to what people have in their Team Front Office threads. The Team Front Office thread checks are what takes the longest though, plus it looks like there are a few teams (not many, maybe 2 or 3) that don't even have one up yet. The problem here is, can we even do all of this in 24 hours? The capbooks and online franny rosters should be up to date as I've been adding players with each pick.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think after the live draft we should take 48-72 hours to breathe. Let EVERYONE catch up. Cap guys, owners, etc. Then start up FA on Friday, go 72 hours, then take another 24-48 hours.

I do agree: we were WAY too pushy about this in my opinion. I mean, yeah, I want to get to the next season too. But if it comes between OMFL and my fiancee's happiness, guess what....you guys are done. No questions asked.

And she has NOT been happy with my involvement over the last couple of days. So from my end, I may just cool off myself and just let other people do draft stuff. I'm in, but I have family that trumps this league.

Nothing but love, but next year we need to set the schedule concrete. Have specific days for specific events (for example, Friday, March 1st OMFL season 6 ends. Saturday, March 2nd, owners begin updating new rosters. Monday, March 4th - deadline for beginning threads, cuts, and progression). That way we know exactly when steps are broken, and we can hold people accountable for not doing minimum expectations.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Well Ill keep my true thoughts to myself, but the bottom line is EVERY offseason has to be speedy and EVERY offseason takes a lot of time. Win and Jeremy, you guys have worked hard when here, but we haven't asked you to be here any more than normal for a normal offseason. Dave really has done all the work. Were we a lil pushy with draft picks? Ya, I'll agree we could back off of that and slow things down, but the bottom line if we take 3 whole days of NOTHING to catch up (which I dont know what their is to catch up on) then you will have over half this league upset that we are doing nothing. You can't take 2 weeks to run a offseason, you simply can't. People lose interest and then you start losing owners. Back off the draft, fine, but after the draft, 24 hours to make sure everything is fine, thats 24 hours of nothing, and then fire fa's up. That will take 3-5 days to run fa's, and start the season on sunday. Thats one offseason in a week, which is pretty normal. The problem with this offseason is it started on a weekend and the playoffs went so fast that everyone was caught with their pants down, which is shame on us and not anyones fault. We should have BEEN ready for this. Again, I dont see whats being pushy. We gave almost 72 hours instead of 24 hours for cuts and progression and regression, we are doing a forum draft for 3 whole days with no trades, no nothing, then a real draft, then 24 more hours of nothing. I just don't see where we are pushing people too far. I think you guys are busy, it feel during a tough weekend because of valentines, but thats it. Take out the fact that you guys are personally busy and its a bad weekend, and this offseason has not been super advanced with 100 steps in 24 hours. I just disagree with that. I like a schedule, but nothing can be concrete due to the fact you never know how fast or how slow the playoffs will go. This year they went fast, and it caught everyone by surprise, myself included.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Nate, you just had 4 board members tell you we have moved too fast.
    If that doesnt catch your attention, nothing will.

To my knowledge we have never lost any owners in our previous 5 offseasons with a slower pace. Owners will stand by and be patient. I am 100% behind daves and winuvas' suggestion on how to go forward.

I am not comfortable asking ir expecting our cap guys to maintain this pace.

7. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

This offseason isnt taking two weeks. So far the offseason has taken 4 days if Im not mistaken. The Bowl was played and advanced and everything started going wild. Its Monday and we have two rounds of the draft finished. I definitely like the forum draft concept. It gives people a chance to really go through and make good picks. I also think it would be a good idea to keep the trading of picks open if we do the forum drafting (Only trades involving picks for picks). I was only thinking we would have 3 days before the draft started so we (I) could trade picks. My loss since I was away and im a fairly easy going person it wasn't a big deal. Im sure there are others who would have been BS.

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

You guys do what you must, I've said my peace and I'll do whatever I am asked.

9. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

IM going to throw a hissy fit. Its my word of the day (Or two words in honor of ........)