~You'll Never Walk Alone~

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Merih, May 19, 2011.

1. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

[​IMG]

A FIFA 11 Manager Mode by Merih

Liverpool Football Club: An Abbreviated History

Liverpool F.C. was born out of a disagreement over a new stadium between John Houlding and the City of Liverpool's original major football club, Everton FC. Houlding decided to make his own club out of this disagreement in 1892. Beginning as a second division football team, Liverpool rose to the first division and won their first league title in the 1900 season. They would go in and out of the 1st division over the coming years, toiling in mediocrity and remaining in the shadow of Everton.​

In 1959, Bill Shankly was hired as Liverpool manager, forever changing the fortunes of the club. Shankly is seen as the father of Liverpool football, bringing numerous league titles and cups to Anfield. In 1973, Shankly and Liverpool won their first European Cup (the most esteemed trophy in which the best teams from across Europe compete, known today as the Champions League).​

Fast forward to the modern day, Liverpool holds the English record for the number of league titles won (18) and European Cups won (5).​

The current manager, Kenny Dalglish (or King Kenny as he is affectionately known), was manager of Liverpool from 1985-1991 and brought the club 3 league titles and 4 FA Cups. He is more affectionately known as manager during the 1989 Hillsborough Disaster, where 96 Liverpool supporters tragically lost their lives during a match due to overcrowding.​

Of the past few seasons Liverpool has struggled in the League and have fallen behind Manchester United, Arsenal, and relatively new arrival Chelsea. Manchester United can take Liverpool's league title record with a title win this season, as both sit on 18.​

This was a VERY brief history of the club. For more information, please read the wiki page. You won't regret it.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Merih

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Merih

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Merih

LIVERPOOL SEASON EXPECTATIONS

Team Expectations: Top 4 Finish

F.A. Cup Draw: Round 3

League Cup Draw:Round 3

Managers of the Month: ?

Manager of the Year:?

SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW

Ah yes, it is that time of the year. Just before the 2010/2011 season kicks off, it is time for clubs to spend the big bucks in hopes of bringing some of that illusive silverware home. Let's take a look at the world of twitter, and what kind of transfer rumors that we can find today. Shall we?

[​IMG]

Chelsea transfer lists young defensive midfielder John Obi Mikel for 14,000,000£. Also on the block is Premier League journeyman Nicolas Anelka.#transfernews#Chelsea

Liverpool immediately announce interest in Anelka. He’s played for them once before, with good result. Match made in heaven?#transfernews#Liverpool

Diego Forlan returns to his old club Manchester United for 23,500,000£. The Uruguayan skipper was signed to a 5 year deal. Interesting purchase.#transfernews#ManU

Maybe United intends on shifting Rooney further back into a CAM-CF position, as he always seems to find himself come match day?#ManU

Nicolas Anelka, a Liverpool Target, sold from Chelsea to Tottenham Hotspurs. Could be a potent attack now with a maturing Gareth Bale, an experienced VDV, Aaron Lennon, and Peter Crouch.#transfernews#Spurs

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Welcome back homie! Good stuff here I will be reading.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Merih

Thanks @Blaza

I'm already about 10 matches into the season with all of my media saved and ready to go so the updates should come pretty frequently!

Matter of fact here's one now!

FRIENDLY MATCH #1

17 July 2010 - AT Osasuna - Anfield Stadium, Liverpool England - 7:45 PM

Osasuna struck first in the 10’ minute with a clean strike from Pandiani. Liverpool’s defense gave the ball up in possession and were struck through and through. That was as shaky as the defense would be, as they gelled through the rest of the match.

Just as Liverpool began grasping control following their questionable start, Andy Carroll was injured during an in air challenge on the ball in the 18’ minute. It was later revealed that he had suffered a fractured forearm. He will be out for just over a month.

Immediately, Liverpool had to change back into a conventional 4-4-2, bringing on Maxi Rodriguez and moving Kuyt up front to partner with Suarez. Kuyt rewarded his manager’s confidence by setting up Gerrard for a clean equalizing header in the 45’ minute. Kuyt had to shrug off three Osasuna defenders before playing the in-swinger, which Gerrard finished expertly on the stroke of halftime.

Following halftime, Liverpool was playing strong with a number of chances coming close to pulling them ahead. However, a 78’ minute red card for Jaime Carragher seemed to spell doom for the Reds. The move forced Liverpool to withdraw from the attack.

In the 88’ minute, Kuyt expertly turned away from a charging Osasuna centreback and found himself away on goal via a counter. He could have finished the move himself but opted to lay it off for Suarez who had an easy tap in of a goal.

With that, 10 man Liverpool take the first match of the season 2-1. The big story of the day will be Carroll’s injury. Liverpool are already thin up front. The loss of the big Englishmen may force their hand into the transfer market.

7. Merih

[​IMG]

Mid-Leg Transfer News:

Liverpool, in need of wingers, are rumored to be interested in Ashley Young of Aston Villa. Speedy, young, and very talented. He could provide good service into the box for Andy Carroll. #transfernews#Liverpool

Liverpool front office: “We are definitely looking to get some youth on the squad. We aren’t usually active in transfers but that could change this window.”#Liverpool

Maxi Rodriguez sold to Benfica for 10,000,000£. It was rumored he could stay following Carroll's injury, but the offer was more than Liverpool marketed him for and the Reds graciously accepted.#transfernews#Liverpool

8. Merih

FRIENDLY MATCH #2

4 July 2010 - AT Osasuna - Reyno de Navarra Stadia, Pamplona Spain- 7:45 PM

Liverpool’s return leg to Pamplona proved to be in many ways similar to the first, minus a devastating injury. Joe Cole and Martin Skrtel were given starts in Dalglish’s side, as he tried to find a combination that would suffice in light of Carroll’s injury.

Much like the home leg, Liverpool found themselves down in the first half following a gaffe from Pepe Reina, which gave Calleja an open net to fire into. Reina charged an aerial balled played in from midfield, but didn’t clear or grasp it near well enough. It fell to Calleja, who arced the shot round Reina and the goal line defending of Skrtel into the net.

Liverpool’s answer would have to wait until late in the match. In the 79’ minute Suarez dipped into his bag of tricks winning a 1v1 opportunity on the right flank. His cross found the head of Kuyt and eventually the top corner to draw the Red’s level.

Suarez again would strike as a deflected pass found its home with him at the right edge of the 6 yard box. Steadying himself with a touch he fired a shot past the keeper in the 88’ minute, securing yet another late victory for Liverpool over their Spanish counterparts.

Suarez’ second goal in as many matches has eased fears over Carroll’s injury. Kuyt and Gerrard continue their good play, while the defense plays sometimes blanketing football and at other times seem disrobed. In the end, Liverpool takes the match 2-1.

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS:

9. Merih

[​IMG]

LIVERPOOL TRANSFER TWEETS:

Liverpool submit a bid for Ashley Young of 18,000,000£ and are rebuffed. Aston Villa are looking for 25,000,000£ for their starlet...the Reds drop their interest. Now looking for other possibilities.#transfernews#Liverpool

Carlos Vela's name comes up around Liverpool offices. Young, cheap, and can play up front or in a supporting role as a winger.#transfernews#Liverpool

Now Fabio Aurelio has been sold to Stoke City for 5M pounds. Liverpool positioning for a move here. Vela's name continues to be whispered round Anfield.#transfernews#Liverpool

10. Merih

FRIENDLY MATCH #3

31 July 2010 - FC K’lautern - Anfield, Liverpool England - 3:00 PM

Through the first two friendly matches, it was the “regulars” who carried Liverpool to somewhat dramatic victories. Against German club FC K’lautern, however, Kenny Dalglish decided to go with a much younger lineup. Benching regulars like Dirk Kuyt and Steven Gerrard, Dalglish also brought on youngsters like Shelvey in order to see what his reserves were made of. They did not dissapoint.

Central defender Daniel Agger headed home a Raul Meireles free kick in the 16’ minute, and the Reds cruised to victory. They added another score as David N’Gog, another young reserve, found himself away on goal from the halfway line and curled home a composed effort with only the keeper to beat five minutes past half time.

Jay Spearing had a rough go of things in his left midfield spot, but his fellow under 21 international teamate Shelvey showed well after subbing in for Joe Cole. The best young player of the day had to go to the Brazilian Lucas, who won what seemed every ball in his area and was the player who sprung N’Gog away on goal to put Liverpool 2-0 ahead.

Liverpool now look forward to the beginning of the Barclay’s Premier League with a match against West Ham at Anfield on the 14th of August. For now they will focus on improving the squad, now that they have two weeks to do so.

11. Merih

[​IMG]

lLiverpool submit a request for Carlos Vela...and it's accepted! West Brom have agreed to a 10,000,000£ pound transfer fee for Carlos Vela. All that's left for Liverpool is to come to a contract agreement with the young striker.#transfernews#Liverpool

Real Zaragoza have somehow lured Johan Elmander from Bolton in exchange for around 6,000,000£ pounds and 42,000£ in weekly wages. Strange deal that, he was flourishing in the Premier League. #transfernews

Miroslav Klose finds himself on the transfer list, as Bayern looks to move the veteran for around 15,000,000 pounds. Could be a good pick up for a team in need of leadership.#transfernews#bayern

12. Merih

Liverpool now enjoy a one week break before their Barclay's Premier League opening match against West Ham. Let's take a look back at the biggest news of the exhibition season:

• Striker Andy Carrol is injured, has a few weeks left of recovery
    • Young and old players are meshing well
    • Liverpool dumped 2 players in order to entice Carlos Vela to join

13. Merih

[​IMG]

Liverpool have signed winger Carlos Vela to a five year deal. West Brom gave Vela to the Reds in exchange for 11,000,000 pounds and the 20,000 pounds in weekly wages was enough to sign the young Mexican international.#transfernews#Liverpool

This means that Jovanovic will get his wish and be transfered from Liverpool eventually. The Serbian striker never got a chance to start and wasn’t happy about it from the onset some years ago.#Liverpool

Jovanovic gets a return to Italy, as Sampdoria has signed him for a transfer fee of 5,200,000 pounds.#Liverpool

14. Merih

Getting my video together for the next mass update, hopefully tomorrow after work. I know things look rough now, but I've been sitting on this stuff for a while and wanted to get it out to the people. Cleanliness and order will soon come to the thread :D

In the meantime, watch this video about where the Liverpool "You'll Never Walk Alone" slogan comes from. It's a good clue into the history of the club!​

And this, ladies and gents, is how supporters in England get down for their squad. The passion gives me chills even now so many years after I visited England.​

15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

As much as I dislike Liverpool this is good stuff :) I'll be following along.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Merih

Thanks! So who do you support?

17. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Not a big FIFA guy, but Liverpool is my favorite! Good work.

18. Merih

I'm not a Liverpool supporter, but I've always been amazed at their home crowd atmosphere. Great, great club.

Update coming up tomorrow or Sunday!

19. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I support Manchester United, so obviously there is some dislike for Liverpool there lol. But I agree about the home crowd atmosphere... Anything over in Europe would be amazing to experience in my opinion.

20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Fuck the scousers.... ;)

21. Merih

[​IMG]

14 August 2010 - West Ham - Anfield, Liverpool England - 3:00 PM

Liverpool Skipper Sees out Opener

In a classic showing, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard won MOTM honors in their Premier League opening match against West Ham following a brace in the first half.

In what was a gloomy day at Anfield, Liverpool gave their supporters plenty of reason for celebration as they cruised to their first three points of the season. The first goal came following a delightful interchange of passing through the midfield to the forwards and back to Joe Cole, who found Gerrard careeming through the middle on goal. Gerrard slotted in home low and hard in the 11’ minute, and Liverpool never looked back.

Possesion was firmly Liverpool’s following the goal, when in the 17’ minute Suarez picked out a gorgeous, lofted ball for Gerrard who again made a charging run through the middle. It was an incredible pass, weighted beautifully. Gerrard didn’t left it go to waist and hit it on the volley to the same corner as his first goal, putting Liverpool up 2-0 before even twenty minutes had left the match.

Liverpool enjoyed 82% pass accuracy, and West Ham didn’t pose a serious threat. Dalglish saw fit to give a run to his new signing, Carlos Vela, in the 67’ minute. Vela almost marked his first match at Anfield with a goal, drawing post from a long range effort. He looked comfortable and fluid pairing up with Gerrard and Lucas in the midfield.

What seemed to be scores of close chances went wide and away for Liverpool, as the match was played further and further up West Ham’s side of the pitch. Suarez, Vela, and Cole all missed golden opportunities.

It just makes sense though that Liverpool’s captain and longest tenured player would show the young boys how its done. Liverpool claim victory, 2-0.

22. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Awesome work Merih.. I love following this kind of stuff and this is the first FIFA one i've seen so i'll follow this one very closely :goal:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Merih

Thanks! I'll try and keep up with the updates