Your Created Playbooks

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Sabo, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I know there are alot of you guys out here who are like me and are really enjoying the create a playbook option. I thought i would see what all you guys have come up with (if your willing to share). I personally havent done much with the Defensive playbook however i have been creating offensive playbooks.

Figured this would give us some insight on what is working good for us on the playbook side and we can release our inner OC/DC ;)

Here is the one ive used the most thus far

Playbook Name : One Back/ Pistol Hybrid (EMU Base Playbook)
    I will list formations a little later when i get off of work and have access to my ps3

Ace

Pistol

Shotgun

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Defense: 4-3 + 4-2-5 under slide - took out the gimmicky formations like 1-5-5 and 3-3-5. The under slide is similar to what OSU runs on defense and gives me a formation with some decent blitzes that can still be effective stopping the run against teams that try to spread it out.

Offensively, I haven't really made an all encompassing one that I like.

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I havent really jumped into the defensive playbook yet, but im sure I will soon.

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I'm trying to go with a Pistol look in my OD. I'm not very good at this playbook designing stuff it kind of overwhelms me but I'm anxious to see what your playbook looks like.

5. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I have started to use the pistol quite a bit and it's great because it is easier to run from than the shotgun, but it gives you a split second longer to get passes off when the other team is blitzing than the ACE or I form does. Also check out some of the wing formations in the shotgun (the ones where the fullback or TE are lined up right behind the guard/tackle). They are good shotgun running formations and can help if you need to max protect on pass plays as well.

On defense, I have been running a lot of 4-2-5 because my team (Colorado) has two good SS players that I need to get out on the field. It works better if you run more zone coverage because sometimes the man coverage match-ups can get squirrelly based on the offensive formation. If I am going to run man, I check the match-ups right out of the huddle and if they aren't lined up properly I check to a basic zone.

6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I had this same exact problem with 4-2-5/3-3-5 last year.

And these are the same reason's im loving the pistol so far.

7. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I don't think we are allowing custom PB's in our OD so I have been using Indiana's PB because It has a sprinkle of pistol, ace, sg, and I (which I really think I need for those short yardage plays).

Do you guys know any other Mutiple books that lean heavily towards the pistol side. I definitely need some I form in my book, even if its only 1 or two formations.

8. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Look at West Virgina's it is pretty good.

9. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Easiest way to do a custom pb is take a pb you like and start by removing plays you hate or cant run. The add plays to the current formations that you like that are there by default. It is the adding new formations that is a pain in the butt.

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...E5EckJ2ZzZ6eGw0dWl1dEdlVEhoMmc&hl=en_US#gid=9

11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

12. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    For my offensive playbook, I'm running a pistol base. Have a couple of Ace formations (which I think I'm going to just take out, as they don't really fit), a base I form for late game running and 3rd and short, along with a few shotgun formations. Something like 60% Pistol, 35% Shotgun, 5% I form, once I finish it.

Defensively, I have a 4-2-5, but I might be making a 4-3 shortly instead.

13. bogeyexpress

bogeyexpress Walk On

http://www.playbooks2012.com/browseCustom.php?pb=650

This was my one back CPB I put together a couple months back.

My current CPB is a combination of the RnS and Spread Option based out of the Hawaii PB. If I ever get it entered I will post it here as well. I base out of Ace Spread and SG Split Offset (Dual HB).

14. robinson819

robinson819 Walk On

ACE
    Big
    Bunch
    Slot

I-FORM
    Twins
    Twins Flex

Pistol
    Ace
    Ace Twins
    Slot
    H Twins

Strong
    Twins

Weak
    Twins Flex

Shotgun
    Normal
    Normal HB Weak
    Slot F Wing
    Split Offset
    Spread Flex
    Wing Offset Wk
    4WR Trio
    5WR Trio

Goal Line
    Power I

This will change next year if they add all of Oregon's formations. They have some offset HB sets that I would love.

15. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

If they add some good spread formations/plays, it may be enough to pull me away from my Run and Shoot