Your New Overdrive BCS National Champions

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Raidernation, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Overdrive champion.png
    The season ended in glorious fashion for the Arkansas Razorbacks. After starting the season with a loss to rival Florida State the Hogs had their sights on revenge, a dream that would go unfulfilled. Seems coach BigKing didn't live up to his hype and could make the game. Instead, the Razorbacks took on the next best worthy opponent the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.​
    The Razorbacks came out swinging, showing that they deserved better than a #2 ranking ending a long scoring drive on the legs of Heisman finalist Knile Davis. After shutting down the Irish's potent offense in the first Tommy Rees came out ready to get Notre Dame back into the game. Starting off the beginning of the second with a 45 yard strike to TJ Jones. Rees and Jones would connect again later on in the quarter to come within 3 points. While all this was going on, on the other side Brandon Mitchell was having a going away party passing for over 200 yards in the second quarter alone, thanks to two bombs down the side line to junior transfer Barry Cantrell. 24-14 Hogs at halftime.​
    Screen Shot 2012-09-29 at 1.54.02 AM.png
    Cantrell hauls a TD catch at midfield ​
    Knile Davis was held in check the entire game, although he was able to get some key first downs the Irish defense did an outstanding job on him. However, offensive coordinator Raidernation call a brilliant game controlling the ball with the passing attack. It goes without saying, Mitchell played a perfect game more importantly not turning the ball over. Notre Dame could only muster up a field goal in the third in what was a quarter that saw a few punts and some game changing turnovers. Standout strong safety Eric Bennett intercepted a Rees pass towards the end on the 3rd Arkansas drove right down the field capping the third quarter off with a touchdown.​
    In the final quarter things got very interesting the Notre Dame no huddle offense came out clicking on all cylinders driving right down the field in under 2 minutes. Arkansas answered with a quick score of their own giving Mitchell a total of 4 td tosses for the game. After a few three and outs the Razorbacks were on an impressive close out drive but the Fighting Irish defense was just as impressive forcing a Knile Davis fumble (his first of the year, second in two full seasons.) Momentum completely swung in their favor afterwards, as they were able to get within 7 after a 59 yard Rees t Davonte Neel bomb in the final minute of the game. The stage was set, If the Irish could recover the onside kick they would have a shot at tying the game up if not, the Razorbacks would be crowned Champs. Cantrell came up big again recovering the kick, Arkansas would later kneel it out for the win.​
    WOO PIG SOOIE !!!
    Mitchell's fourth quarter TD strike to D. Cowan​
    Champions.png

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Congrats, I knew you could do it!!!

3. Raidernation

Thanks woulda been better with a win vs FSU ..... Definitely not as worthy vs a CPU even thought I beat users to get there.

Peep the Overdrive on the trophy tho .... Win one next year I'll put your name on it .... If your man enough.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Congrats Raider! Gotta get me one of those.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I would suggest starting out with trying to get to the ACC Championship.

6. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

So is this the Rose Bowl of the National Championship game? Why is this showing the rose bowl flower?

7. Raidernation

Yup was in Pasadena

8. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Congrats, Raider. 9 straight for the SEC now?

9. Raidernation

Yup ..... thats why @kigking left he wants to come over to the SEC but all the teams where taken:)

10. Raidernation