Your Next Coaching Stop?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Aug 5, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Does anyone think they are one and done at their respective school? Has anyone played around with the CC in an offline dynasty to see how it works?

Slow day at work so I just wanted to get a feel for everyone's thoughts on if they think they will get offered a better job at the end of season 1.

As far as I go, I don't think I will. If I can pull one more win out of the bag and go 6-6 I might have a shot but its a long shot (@ Utah State, BYU and @Fresno State are left on my schedule).

Also wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this years format we went with. Any regrets? My only regret was picking SJSU...probably should have gone with a better team but too late now :)

I can tell you this, if I get offered a 2 star HC job somewhere, im gonna jump at it!

2. sreese

sreese Walk On

I m with you recchem, if the offer is there im probably going. But i also need to get 1 win out of my last 3 games to get to 6-6. If my recruiting class wasnt so bad and i wasnt losing every good player i have to graduation, i might stay.

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I had thought about this as well. I am thinking I won't be getting any offers any way. I have a decent class coming in with several JUCO's in the mix that should be ready to play right away including an option QB. I am thinking I will be here 3 years.

My question for everyone is...will your team be better or worse next year? I know some teams had tons of seniors and was wondering if you are going to be able to replace them with equal or better talent.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I don't know how I could get worse at SJSU but I guess its possible considering 18 seniors are leaving :(

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I finished season one in my offline dynasty. I was an OC at UNT and DC at SD St. I jumped to OC at Maryland in the offseason and stayed at SDSU on defense. As for HC positions, no school that was a 4* or up fired their coach yet. It was mostly the lower tier teams who had dismal records (1-11, 2-10...) that the HC got fired. I think this is because most big time HCs have 3-4 year contracts, and it isnt until those contracts are up do you see job security percentage start to sway. This is because a lot of those contracts have blah blah EACH season, and wont be met or not met until the contract is up. My best guess is to stay at the school youre with for a couple years, then see what opens up. I got lucky, as most of my starters are sophomores and juniors. I took that into consideration, though, when picking teams. Also, there will only be a handful of big teams that will do poorly and end up firing their coach at the end of their contract. Texas, LSU, and ASU might if they do poorly the next following years.

6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

you're scaring me dude. dont say that. give me hope damn it!!

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I actually like it at Tulane and I have some good players coming in, including a couple of jucos. I don't think I would take just any job, but if I could snag a 3 star it would be tough to stay. Otherwise, I will probably be back at Tulane next year.

8. aarondramp

With my losses piling up, I will be happy to keep my job. I am happy about my QB that's about to commit as well as a 3* RB that weights 225 that can be converted to FB. Since no one on my team can catch, I went after and should get a 3* JUCO TE that has B- SPD and catch. My defense is going to have some issues though.

9. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

Most of my offense will be back but almost all of my defense are seniors, hopefully it will work out but I believe I will be a Red Wolf next year as well.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I need to get out of San Jose ASAP!!!

11. sreese

sreese Walk On

so recc do you have 1 game left or 2? Saw that byu score, they cheat, lol.

12. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

It looks like Hawaii is going to have an opening soon

13. gowazzucougs

And possibly Idaho :)

14. Cheez

I'm pretty sure MTSU will have an opening...

:( Im getting fired.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah but they will probably be a one star by the end of the year :)

16. gowazzucougs

Hawaii has better talent than San Jose, and the weather is better.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oh, don't get me wrong, I would probably jump ship anywhere at this point!

18. gowazzucougs

You are not getting fired, you have a three year contract. You have more job security than me at the moment. Of course things could change after we advance. In addition a win over Arkansas State would help.

19. gowazzucougs

Can someone explain this to me, UCF's Coach George O'Leary has about the worst job security, but appears headed to the C-USA Championship Game. I have the worse job security out of the users in this dynasty, but I am sending my team to a bowl game. Then there is Cheez at MTSU, who has a little bit better job security then myself but has produced a worse record. recchem2000 I may have to fight you for that UCF job.

20. Cheez

Im interested to see the order in which we will be able to select jobs.

I mean, that's probably the single biggest thing in determining who stays and who goes. Unfortunately, I think that the commish always goes first. After that, it's anyone's guess.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I don't quite get the job security logic yet. Some make sense others don't.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Its the bonus I get in dealing with all of you ;)

23. aarondramp

My job security is ridiculous high despite winning only 3 games thus far. The reason is that the 2 of the 3 teams that I beat were an 88 OVR rating, so I got big boosts for the upset.

I think a lot of it is based on expectations. UCF is supposed to be good...Memphis is supposed to be terrible.

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well than folks in Moscow Idaho must have some high expectations because gowazzucougs has lead them to a pretty good season. I bet if he had beaten Fresno or Nevada, his job security would go up.

25. aarondramp

Also, Idaho is a 75 OVR whose biggest wins are two teams that are 78 OVR, and Memphis is a 66 OVR who has two wins over teams that are 88 OVR. I should be penalized for some of my bad losses, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I think the upset bonus accounts for a large part of the high numbers in job security.