Your team review: 2013 edition

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Your team review: 2013 edition

OREGON DUCKS

MVP- QB Cory Crowder- Bottom line kept this Oregon team afloat when Goodman went down with injury. Even though his completion and attempt numbers were similar from last year, we had less time with the ball and we scored less due to Goodman being out. Crowder did this with a freshman WR in Burton (made him crazy good), Landry (1st time starter) and some no-names at WR who really aren't starting caliber. He was the glue and will definitely be a heisman candidate next year.

LVP (Least Valuable Player)- OLB Eric Sanni- For his solid overall and 85 speed, he made no impact whatsoever. Sometimes I have to check to see if he's in the game! He's similar to Dewitt Stuckey when I had him at OLB...made no real impact plays...just really didn't do anything for me.

Most Improved or Most Surprising- MLB Dan Moses- This kid was a 72 overall guy with 90 speed. I was weary of starting him but he stepped up. He was a beast on the blitz and shut holes down quickly. For him being a junior and palying so well, he was solid. He missed some time but I can't wait to have him 1 more year in the middle.

Most Dissapointing- RB Gerald Goodman- Goodman is dat dude...when he's healthy. He had two injuries so he's officially injury prone.

OVERALL ASSESMENT- Bottom line despite the injuries, I guess we finished where we should have. If Goodman was healthy for the UCLA/USC games, we coulda won at least 1...and at least been contending for the pac-10 title. Part of it was my lack of adjusting back to a slower back and Justin Harrell isn't that slow at all. he's literally a Wilson clone but I didn't adjust well and it hurt me. Goodman spoiled me a lot and next year we need to come back with a vengeance.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice, I will replace this post with Purdue tonight.

That's one thing I always struggle with. Obviously not with Purdue (hah) but in my side league, I have had a mix of just insane speed backs, and really good all-around backs in the 93-95 speed range. All have topped out well over 95 OVR by senior year... I have tried my best to keep a similar running style with all of them, but inevitably with a speed back I get spoiled and don't do as well running the ball inside. Takes time to adjust....

I predict Oregon will have a nice comeback season.. LOL Chowdah... Goodman staying healthy is key, but with this recruiting class they should be insanely tough on defesne.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:

lmao i don't know why i keep saying chowder lol...

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Do I have to.................:(

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL, look who's back! What do I do with the Wake game today, are you up for it

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

ill be around but if you want to play the CPU I am fine with that.......it is sort of a waste........

I did the recruiting.......looks like i might get some nice HBs.......but nobody yet on defense.......i really dont think I am going to get anywhere with that team...

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

haha, u suck. You could relocate to the Big 12 when I go SEC.... Maybe take Colorado State... LOL

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    buncha slackers!

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Purdue Season Overview: 12-1, #2 in the final coaches' poll (#3 in Media)

After finishing ranked third in the nation a year ago, the expectations for Purdue were sky-high.

Purdue ended up having another one-loss season, but unfortunately could not take it a step further and get to the championship game. As a result, Purdue may have missed its best opportunity yet.

The season started with a 45-24 win on the road against the Mountaineers. After a bye, the Boilers opened their home schedule by beating Texas A&M 38-21 in the game that featured the "immaculate hitstick" at the one yard line.

Carrying the momentum from that game over, the Boilers got hot and were 6-0 going into week 9 against the top ranked (and also unbeaten) Michigan Wolverines. Visiting at the big house, the team could not muster a win. Michigan went on to win the national championship.

There were positives. Purdue managed to beat Ohio State for the first time in this dynasty, and then got to a BCS bowl game against UCLA, winning 34-25. The Boilers were #1 in the nation in turnover margin, at +26.

Most Valuable Boiler (Offense): WR Brian Williams (Junior)
    79 Rec, 1,783 Yards, 22.5 Avg, 19 TD, 91 long
    -Nobody in the nation can keep up with Williams, and he was clearly the favored target of quarterback Anthony Robinson. The next most accomplished receiver this season was Darren Swanson, who had 413 yards and 3 touchdowns. Nevertheless, the team was not over-reliant on Williams, as we were willing to go in another direction when Williams wasn't open.

Runner up: Anthony Robinson, QB - Robinson was the 2nd-highest rated quarterback in the nation behind Michigan Sophomore Bobby Horn. Horn had an ungodly 240.4 rating, but Robinson - thanks to just 9 interceptions - came in second at 213.3. Threw for 3,476 yards, 39 TD, and 9 INT on the season.

Runner up: The offensive line as a whole. Left tackle Bryan Stewart (97 OVR) and left guard Lewis Bishop (96 OVR) combined to rip open holes on the left side of the line all season. The rest of the line was very functional as well. Despite the lack of a superstar running back, Purdue was able to finish in the top 20 in the nation in rushing. Robinson was sacked just 20 times on the season.

Most Valuable Boiler (Defense): DE Daniel Noel (Senior)
    49 Tackles, 22 TFL, 11 Sacks, 1 TD, 4 FF, 2 FR
    -Thanks to the move to Heisman mode, Noel wasn't as effective as his junior year, when he had 23 sacks and countless more pressures. However, he was still very effective, especially in user games. He provides good pressure and really holds the edge well against the run thanks to his great strength and size. We don't have anybody like him waiting in the wings.

Runner Up: SS Fred Green - The sophomore safety led the team in tackles with 110, including 2 sacks, 3 interceptions, 2 FF and 2 FR. Made the "immaculate hitstick" at the 1-inch line that turned around the game against Texas A&M.