You're Welcome Iowa State

Discussion in 'The Pride' started by UcanHateMeNow, Oct 24, 2013.

1. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow 3rd Coast born that means we're Texas raised

May 28, 2012

AP- Austin, Texas

Ames, Iowa is a long way from Austin, Texas but the cheers could be heard Deep in the Heart of Texas. In a result that has MASSIVE BCS implications, the Texas Longhorns took down the #2 Miami Hurricanes 13-10. In only what can be described as a throwback game, the teams defenses traded blows and held both offenses in check throughout the game. The Longhorns took the ball on the first possession of the game and drove deep into Miami territory only to have the Hurricanes pick off a pass. Two plays later Texas forced superstar Duke Johnson into a fumble setting the Longhorns up again deep in Miami territory. Jonathan Gray was able to plunge through for the games opening TD. Texas then forced another turnover on Miami's next possession by picking off a pass. Miami's D put up a goalline stand only to force Texas into a field goal on 4th and goal at the 1 yard line only to see Texas miss.

Miami went into it's two minute offense late in the second quarter to eventually tie the game with 9 seconds left in the half on a TD dive by FB Edwards. The teams then traded punts for most of the 3rd quarter and Texas eventually mustered enough offense to secure a FG with 2:40 left in the game to put them up 10-7. Miami showing why they were the #2 team in nation answered with a 50 yard FG of their own with 0:39 seconds left.
    Not wanting to give dangerous returner Daje Johnson a shot at beating them, Miami went for a squib kick. This did not go as plan as Texas was able to advance the ball near midfield. Riding the back off Jonathan Gray as they had all game, Texas was able to get into field goal range by utilizing their timeouts. Not dwelling on his earlier miss, Texas freshman kicker Chris McCoy calmly nailed a 40 yard FG to win the game as time expired.

Game balls for the game go to the Texas Defense who held Heisman candidate Duke Johnson to 87 total yards for the game. Jonathan Gray also gets the game ball with 134 yards rushing and 1 TD.

GG mikeL9286
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

Jul 8, 2012
    Nice write-up. The play of the game had to be when I had you in 3rd and about 15 late in the game and you converted on a vertical route to the TE. I saw it coming like it was in slow motion but just couldn't get my defender between the TE and the ball lol. I think that drive led to your first of the 2 field goals.