Z2H Coordinators Corner

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Sabo, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Hey guys I thought i would give our inner coordinator some space to shine. What I would like to see is some of the creations you guys have made as far as custom playbooks. So lets see what you guys have come up with.....

Here is the format I want everyone to use that participates

Creator :

Playbook Name :

Style :

Offense or Defense :

Base Playbook:

Notes from the creator :

Formation List :

OnIowa
    capp34
    ChildPlease9
    Fred Limbo
    csboiler05
    fordtuff504
    maij17
    ChaoticUT
    Tiger171
    uagrad90
    Joe_THEDREAM

2. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Creator : Maij17

Playbook Name : Flex Pistol

Style : Option

Offense or Defense : Offense

Base Playbook: Air Force

Notes from the creator : Fun option pb combining the Air Force option, UCLA Pistol and my Fav Shotgun sets

Formation List :
    • FleXbox One - Normal, Split Wing X, Split Wing Z, Twins Over, Tight, Tackle Over
    • Maryland I
    • Pistol - 4WR Trips, Slot Flex, Spread, Wing Over, Full House, Y-Trips, Train, Trio, Weak Slot, Strong Slot, H Twins
    • Shotgun - Twin Te Slot Str, Split Offset, Wing Offset Wk, 5WR Trio, 4WR Trio, Tight

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Very nice looking playbook maij. Me and you have very similar taste in playbooks as im sure your aware of lol

4. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

agree boss, have one more pb in me will be more Coryell Pro Style, no pistol, will be meshing concepts of Mike Martz and Norv Turner. Texas A&M will be the base (Martz, Turner and TAMU Coach Sherman are the last from Coryell's coaching tree.)

5. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Creator : uagrad90

Playbook Name : Power Raid

Style : Air Raid Concepts but with a Power Run game added

Offense or Defense : Offense

Base Playbook: Georgia (For the Power I Goal line Formation)

Notes from the creator : This playbook takes the Air Raid passing concepts and adds the run to it. The shotgun and pistol formations were selected based on their ability to provide the run attack I was looking for along with passing routes that follow the air raid concepts.

Formation List :
    • Ace
      • 4WR Trips, Normal Flex, Spread
    • I (I had to keep this formation. It was the zero play one. So I added about 7 plays to it)
      • Normal
    • Goal-line
      • Power I
    • Pistol
      • 4WR Trips, Slot, Spread, Trips
    • Shotgun
      • 4WR Trio, 4WR Trio Str, 5WR Trio, 5WR Trips, Normal, Normal Flex Wing, Normal Flex Wk, Split Offset, Spread, Spread Flex, Wing Offset

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Creator - Sabo
    Playbook Name - Multi - Force
    Offense
    Base Playbook - LSU
    Notes from the creator - I created this playbook to highlight the look of a team with talented backs as well as skilled wide receivers. This playbook will give you multiple looks to keep the defense on their toes. While first looking at this playbook you may think it is soley focused on the running game, HOWEVER there are many plays within the running formations and the shotgun formations that highlight your wide receivers. This book is sure to keep your opponent guessing and will give you many options to mix up your play calling and not get bored. ENJOY

Formations

• Ace- jumbo heavy, bunch base, tight doubles on, empty 5, normal, twin te slot
    • Flex - close, slot left, trips left
    • Pistol - full house, bunch, wing trips te
    • Split back - normal
    • Wishbone - tight, wide
    • Shotgun - flanker close, 5 wr bunch, empty wing trio, normal flex wing, split offset, spread flex, 5 wide trio, tight, tight slots

7. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Creator : ChildPlease9

Playbook Name : CP9D

Style : 3-4

Offense or Defense : Defense

Base Playbook: 3-4

Notes from the creator : It's really based on forcing the offense's hand. The 3-4 is used almost exclusively. If it's not working, the 3-3-5 Stack comes into play to switch things up. The Odd Stack also sees time as a 3rd and Long defense.

Formation List :

• 3-4
      • Even, Normal, Over, Predator, Solid, Under
    • 3-3-5
      • Across, Stack
    • 4-3
      • Normal
    • Nickel
      • 1-5-5, 2-4-5
    • Dime
      • 3-2-6
    • Quarter
      • Normal

8. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Creator : Capp34

Playbook Name : Team Capp Stoppers

Style : 4-3

Offense or Defense : Defense

Base Playbook: 4-3

Notes from the creator : Its pretty simple I removed all the lame plays I will never use like engage 8 and the horrible double cb blitz etc etc. I added the 3-4 predator formation because it still has 4 guys with their hand on the ground, even though I have not used that formation as of yet I think it will come in handed when my opponent figures out my scheme. I get the most joy in football games by stopping the offense because in the past the game is always slanted towards the offense.

Formation List :

[​IMG]

9. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

this will serve as a refresher...​
    looking at our league and looking at the real life gameplay of the NCAA made me post this, just as a refresher​
    our league it seems that running the ball is what its all about, often times guys are passing the ball on rare occaisions, the running game is just opening up, not too sure why.​
    the ncaa is mostly all about the qb, great qb, great scheme often leads to offensive success in the real world, running and passing​
    these next few post will show how to attack defenses by making presnap reads, going through progressions, and implementing various passing concepts all in an effort to complement the league's already dominant running games​

• Like Like x 1
  10. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

http://smartfootball.com/passing/attacking-coverages-in-the-passing-game

11. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now, this isnt every coverage you will see, but i'd be damned if these arent the coverages that u will see the most. im aware of the fact that many of this real life scenario info is very hard to implement in a video game but trust me, it helps, if u can figure out the defense presnap it will do wonders for your offens week in and week out.

be sure to check out the next few post

• Like Like x 1
  12. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

http://smartfootball.com/quarterbac...coordinatorquarterback-dealing-with-the-blitz
    now, as entertaining as that was, lets think about how many times you were in that same situation, not so funny, huh?​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, one thing that we will never, ever see in an ea football game is a sight adustment implemented, so we can just eleminate all those lol!

ok, lets look at 1-10 and evaluate from an NCAA 12 p.o.v.

1. most guys say fuck it and snap it anyways and run the play as is, why???? funny part is, most of the time the play works, still, so why not leave the play as is i guess.

2. how many times you linend up, saw a rediculous blitz and called timeout? i thought so, in NCAA 12, this is a great strategy to use in the first half, it helps with undurstanding what you are currently going up against, spend as much time observing what your opponent is doing on defense before you call the timeout tho.

3. great option in the redzone and i have done this/seen guys do this often, works in this game

4. works more often than not, i had a game against joe that i hot routed my wr to a fade for a td, this is a great option, jumpball works well in the endzone, practice it before using it tho

5. unless u run airraid, disregard, lol but if you are in the redzone or a few yards short of a first down, u can use the smart route feature, the closest thing we will ever get to a sight adjustment.

6. i know a few guys with screens in their audibles, smartest thing any of us can ever do, if you come out in say a 3 wr set under center and your opponent is sending a blitz, and u audible to the gun and its a screen, sweet jesus, its a td almost everytime!

7. one user in particular can attest to this and how effective it is, capp, he will keep the defense honest all game by checing to a qb run, works very well in this game.

8. works in this game but almost never necessarily imo, but it works nonetheless

9. unless u can audible to such a setup leave this alone, not saying it cant work but we have many restrictions as far as a wr lining up in the backfield and if its overly effective it may get frowned upon

10. there are many in this game, no need to go into detail at this point but there are many

a great article on sight adjustments!!!!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  13. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

http://smartfootball.com/passing/sn...s-yes-triangles-in-the-passing-game#more-1935

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

easy concept that works very well in this game, keeps the chains moving

[​IMG]

14. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

http://smartfootball.com/offense/shredding-cover-two-with-a-delayed-slant-from-the-smash-concept
    this is another passing concept that converts really well into this game despite not having a delayed slant route
    [​IMG] [​IMG]here, i like to either slant in or cut in the the outside reciever, it makes the read easier and puts a major strain on a defense

another great read on smash concepts

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  15. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Spread your wings, even in NCAA 12
    ncaa football, spread option, no huddle, gus malzahn, cam newton, bcs championship.... need i go on? didn't think so. heres how its done, irl and in the game.
    lets take a trip down memory lane,
    if only it was still that easy, not irl and defiantly not in this od with these sliders. lets look at the present, the spread has evolved, seriously, it gets tougher to defend every year especially when there are offensive gurus around like this guy.
    [​IMG]

well that "power O" play is kinda in the game,
    [​IMG]
    its just an inside zone read tho because the backside gaurd dosent pull as he would in a power o run like in this one,
    [​IMG]

well too damn bad EA didn't add the "inverted veer" or "dash" play in this years game, again but here are some very similar but it takes alot of practice to get it to work:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

now believe it or not, a "Guz" style offense is very possible in this game despite missing alot of plays as well as the counters to those plays, its limited but very possible as i hope to show in the next post​

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  16. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

if u run spread, feel free to check out the Auburn, Clemson, and tulsa playbook

more info Here

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  17. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

for all my run and shoot users out there, this is a deadly ass setup. 60-go concept can devour most coverages, just like any offensive play, if you can win pre-snap, you can win the game

more info here

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2009/03/run-and-shoot-series-part-2-seam-read.html

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2009/03/run-and-shoot-series-part-3-choice.html

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2009/08/run-shoot-series-part-4-streak.html

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 1