Z2H Season 8 Media Day

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

With the season coming to a close I thought it would be a great idea for each coach to take a little time to answer some questions from the Z2H Reporters. Please read the questions and answer them. The more creativity the better.
    (IMBOSSY i know your new so you can just fill in what applies to you)

@jv9179razorback
    @maij17
    @nrg_qbz-_-
    @sabo911
    @fordtuff504
    @csboiler05
    @OnIowa
    @LeatherHelmets
    @ChaoticUT
    @Fred Limbo

@IMBOSSY

[​IMG]

• Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today. First I would like to kick things off with how do you feel your team has done this year ?
    • What are some things that you think have impacted your year good or bad ?
    • What is the most memorable game good and bad this year for your team ?
    • How is the recruiting trail going for your team ?
    • With the season coming to a close and the Big 12 and SEC getting geared up for their conference championship games who do you think will play and who do predict will win ?
    • Who do you feel to be the most over looked team in Z2H and who do you feel is the most dangerous team in Z2H ?
    • What do you have predicted for your team for the remaining of the year ?
    Thank you for your time and good luck the rest of the year.

2. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

• Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today. First I would like to kick things off with how do you feel your team has done this year ? -- Well we have three losses. I wouldn't be here if the tennessee faithful thought that was acceptable. With a loss from georgia we can make the SEC championship game.
    • How is the recruiting trail going for your team ? -- Were doing OK. Nothing special. We have limited available scholarships for next season so if we bank a few, not the end of the world. I'd like to build some more depth and we are 6 short of the full allotment of scholarships.
    • With the season coming to a close and the Big 12 and SEC getting geared up for their conference championship games who do you think will play and who do predict will win ? -- Well Alabama obviously has the most firepower.
    • What do you have predicted for your team for the remaining of the year ? -- Good defense, a solid run game, positive turn over ratio

3. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

• Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today. First I would like to kick things off with how do you feel your team has done this year ?
    • "Well taking over a team 4 games into the season we are doing as well as can be expected was not the coach in the Miss St game but that loss has hurt us but over all we are playing inspired football and will be tough to beat"
    • "Key injury to back up HB and speedster MaCalib has hurt our depth at RB but he looks to be back this week just in time for Bama don't think this kept us from putting W in the win department but it did not help."
    • "Well our 1st User game vs JV and his HOGS really was a challenge that I wish I could redo but hey this is football and he played great but that would be my low point and as always its good to beat the comish and his Bulldogs, that would be a season high point"
    • "Not the strongest class but boasting 5 top 150 players but we did fill major spots in our OL, DT is a must for us this year and its not looking good might have to play a 3-4 next year or a 3-3-5 because of lack of depth"
    • With the season coming to a close and the Big 12 and SEC getting geared up for their conference championship games who do you think will play and who do predict will win ?
    • "In the SEC it looks to be Arkansas form the west unless LSU can knock them off the last game of the season and in the east UGA looks to have it in hand unless they Stumble. I look for the Hogs to win it and represent the SEC in the National T game."
    • "As for the Big 12 it looks to be Oklahoma to loose and them to play Nebraska in the Big 12 champ game" Arkansas vs Oklahoma playing for the Champ no winner predicted"
    • Who do you feel to be the most over looked team in Z2H and who do you feel is the most dangerous team in Z2H ?
    • "Have to vote for the AUBURN TIGERS! New to the league virtually unknown and unscouted and I have not been here long enough to vote for anyone else"
    • HERE IS MY ANSWER

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

• Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today. First I would like to kick things off with how do you feel your team has done this year ? I feel that up to this point in the season we have done a good job of representing the state of Georgia and our fans.
    • What are some things that you think have impacted your year good or bad ? Up to this point there has been some good and bad things that have impacted us. For the most part our turnovers in crucial games have spelled our destruction. However the good side to our losses is that we have always managed to come out the next week and bring the same passion for the game and the will to win.
    • What is the most memorable game good and bad this year for your team ? Our games this year have been a roller coaster of emotions. We opened with a win against a tough Oregon squad and fell to a great Arkansas team in our own backyard. The Deep Souths Oldest Rivalry game vs Auburn was a war and we came up a little short but that will just add more fuel to the fire for next year.
    • How is the recruiting trail going for your team ? Our recruiters are doing an excellent job this year. We have currently landed 14 of the nations best recruits. These guys will definately have an impact on our program for years to come.
    • With the season coming to a close and the Big 12 and SEC getting geared up for their conference championship games who do you think will play and who do predict will win ? In the Big 12 its going to come down to [​IMG]vs. [​IMG] and I really think that Nebraska will shock the college football world and bring home the Big 12 title. In the SEC the east is currently in control by [​IMG]and I think that [​IMG] will gain control of the west if they can pull of a victory vs LSU and if Auburn can take out Alabama.
    • Who do you feel to be the most over looked team in Z2H and who do you feel is the most dangerous team in Z2H ? I feel right now there are currently two overlooked teams in Z2H. First is [​IMG]although the Red Raiders arent boasting a winning record coach LH has done a great job of getting his team prepared week in and week out. The Red Raiders will be a definate threat next year. Second is the [​IMG]Coach Maij and his Buffs are one of the most underrated teams in the college football world. Some close losses is all that stands between the Buffs and a major bowl. The Buffs have the potential to shock any team they play against on any given week. Now for the most dangerous...........First ill go with the obvious [​IMG]Coach CP9 and his Sooners are the standout team at this point. They have played some great games vs some stiff competition and are still undefeated. They have all the tools to make a BCS title appearance. Second on my list is [​IMG]Coach JV and his Hogs have flown under the radar all year and now boast a 10-1 record and are in the top 5 in the nation. The Hogs are one of the most dangerous teams in the country at this point and they have serious chances of making a BCS appearance.
    • What do you have predicted for your team for the remaining of the year ? My predictions for the remainder of the season are for us to go out and play Georgia style football and finish the season strong.
    Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and we will see ya at Bowl Time !!!!!!

5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

• Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today. First I would like to kick things off with how do you feel your team has done this year ? Clearly, we have done well. As the number one team in the nation, we've had the bullseye on our back and have answered the calling, including five wins in games against users. The players have put in the work and contributed, and our coaching staff has put guys in positions to succeed.
    • What are some things that you think have impacted your year good or bad ? Losing Landry Jones was a big hit for our team. He's done for the year, and we've got to get through the conference championship and the national championship without him. Our defensive play has been stellar, but I foresee a switch away from the 3-3-5 to something more suiting to our personnel next season.
    • What is the most memorable game good and bad this year for your team ? The Texas game was definitely the most memorable. It came down to the wire, and records never matter. Our defense needed to step up, and they finally did when it mattered. Hopefully we can keep them under control a little more next season.
    • How is the recruiting trail going for your team ? We don't have much depth this year, but we feel that we've got a handful of guys who are going to help us. Our defensive backfield should be extremely strong for years to come.
    • With the season coming to a close and the Big 12 and SEC getting geared up for their conference championship games who do you think will play and who do predict will win ? I think Arkansas will take the SEC if they can get through LSU. They seem to have Georgia's number, and they could be a potential match for us in the BCS title game.
    • Who do you feel to be the most over looked team in Z2H and who do you feel is the most dangerous team in Z2H ? I think Colorado has to be the most overlooked squad. They can beat anyone on any given day, and they should only get better in the future. We have to be the most dangerous team. #1.
    • What do you have predicted for your team for the remaining of the year ? A Big XII Title is the first step to our national title and undefeated season.

7. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

[​IMG]

• Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today. First I would like to kick things off with how do you feel your team has done this year ? I think we had a helluva season and I am very proud of the job our players and coaches have done this year. We laid it all out there and at the end of the day we can look back and say we gave it our all.
    • What are some things that you think have impacted your year good or bad ? I think our defense really hurt our chance at going into the LSU game with an undefeated record. With that being said i belive if we lined up with Bama right now we could beat them.
    • What is the most memorable game good and bad this year for your team ? Our wins vs GA and Auburn were huge wins for us and gave us the confidence we needed to push through the season and put us in the position that we are in now.
    • How is the recruiting trail going for your team ? Our recruiting has seen the lowest of lows this season. We went through the first 10 weeks without signing one recruit and were sitting dead last in recruiting polls. The very next two weeks we signed some big recruits and that catipulted us to the top 10 in recruiting. So all in all it has been a great in season class.
    • With the season coming to a close and the Big 12 and SEC getting geared up for their conference championship games who do you think will play and who do predict will win ? I belive it will be Oklahoma over Nebraska in the Big 12 and (fill in the blank)_____ vs Georgia in the SEC. I will not be making any predictions on games i may be involved in.
    • Who do you feel to be the most over looked team in Z2H and who do you feel is the most dangerous team in Z2H ? Most overlooked team i would have to say is Auburn. I like what coach Fred is doing over there in Auburn. The most dangerous team in my opinion is Oklahoma just because of there unblemished record.
    • What do you have predicted for your team for the remaining of the year ? Our goal at the start of the season was to win the SEC and win the National championship. Any thing less will be a failure.
    Thanks for having me... and go hogs!!!

8. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

• Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today. First I would like to kick things off with how do you feel your team has done this year ? 6-6 was not the expectation, we had a rough ride, but the team showed what it was made of in some tough losses, they always played hard and as a coach thats all i can ask for. The wins will come in due time.
    • What are some things that you think have impacted your year good or bad ? Learning a new defense, we got exposed in a few games and still had a shot to win in the end which shows the intestinal fortitude the teams has.
    • What is the most memorable game good and bad this year for your team ? Iowa State in Boulder, we as a team overlook them getting ready for K-State, one loss you cannot blame the players on.
    • How is the recruiting trail going for your team ? We have a lot of returners next year, so we were just building depth this year, Corner was are biggest need and we filled it very well with highly rated Lou Johnson committed, signed a couple of JC transfers from california, also look out for CB Donny Harper, kid can play.
    • With the season coming to a close and the Big 12 and SEC getting geared up for their conference championship games who do you think will play and who do predict will win ? NU over OU, SEC WEST over Georgia.
    • Who do you feel to be the most over looked team in Z2H and who do you feel is the most dangerous team in Z2H ? Most overlooked will be the TTU Red Raiders, when Coach LH gets his players they will be a force. Most Dangerous will have to be Oklahoma, most talented team in Z2H.
    • What do you have predicted for your team for the remaining of the year ? A bowl victory, then into the offseason, Buffs will be a force in Year 9.

9. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

[​IMG]
    • Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today. First I would like to kick things off with how do you feel your team has done this year ? To keep it short and simple, as long as were improving and having fun each and every game Ill be happy... and so far this season Im happy.
    • What are some things that you think have impacted your year good or bad ? The leve of competition this year. Its good and bad... great games, but you can easily lose 4-5 each year at any time.
    • What is the most memorable game good and bad this year for your team ? There were so many, but if I had to choose, I would go with the Iowa State game. We were down 6-24 at half and came back to win the game in the 4th quarter with 2 safeties and a field goal with no time left!
    • How is the recruiting trail going for your team ? #1 class in the nation. It surprised everyone... even myself.
    • With the season coming to a close and the Big 12 and SEC getting geared up for their conference championship games who do you think will play and who do predict will win ? Georgia from the East and Arkansas from the West... edge Arkansas. Oklahoma from the South and Nebraska from the North... edge Nebraska.
    • Who do you feel to be the most over looked team in Z2H and who do you feel is the most dangerous team in Z2H ? The no brainer is Colorado but my wild card is Tennessee. Lots of young kids this year, lets see how they progress and UT could surprise some people next year. Most dangerous... us. With the #1 rusher and #1 tackler, these kids are only getting better.
    • What do you have predicted for your team for the remaining of the year ? Like I said, I just wanna see us keep improving. Winning a bowl game would be nice, but solidifying the #1 recruiting class and winning would be even better.

10. Joe_THEDREAM

Heh your surprised to have #1 with UT?!

11. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

• Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today. First I would like to kick things off with how do you feel your team has done this year ? Well after starting off the year with the University of Miami, and getting off to a rough start their, and then transitioning to an under performing Florida Gators team, it was rough. I think we brought in the offensive/defensive system we were using at Miami, and that didn't translate well with talent that we currently had here with our team.
    • What are some things that you think have impacted your year good or bad ? Again as I mentioned above, I think a lot of our lasck of success is a result of the system we implemented when we arrived, I think it's safe to say we'll evaluate our team over the off season and go in a different dirrection next year based on the talent we'll be bringing back.
    • What is the most memorable game good and bad this year for your team ? On a positive note we came out and played probably the best game of the year against a tough Georgia team, unfortunetly in that game we lost or leading rusher for the season in Demps. I think our first game we played with myself as coach was a classic against a tough Alabama team, unfortunelty for us we came up just a little short.
    • How is the recruiting trail going for your team ? I'd have to say we're having a great recruiting year so far, we came in late on a lot of recruits, and it makes you wonder what the prior coaching staff was thinking, but I think it's safe to say, kids today want to play for the Gators, and we'll continue to improve as a team based on our recruiting.
    • With the season coming to a close and the Big 12 and SEC getting geared up for their conference championship games who do you think will play and who do predict will win ? Honestly I haven't been paying close attention to that, I've been trying to figure out a way to get our team to play better on the field, we've had three straight tough losses, and that's just unacceptable.
    • Who do you feel to be the most over looked team in Z2H and who do you feel is the most dangerous team in Z2H ? I think all the coaches here do a fine job, and I think all the teams here are dangerous, I've had some great battles with each of them.
    • What do you have predicted for your team for the remaining of the year ? Well I don't see us losing any more games this year, which is a good thing, unfortunetly I say that, because we don't play any more games this year. I think it's safe to say the Gators are focused on returning to glory next year.

12. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Definitely. 16 recruits and 15 of those ESPN Top 150... thats surprising for even the most confident/cocky coach.

13. Joe_THEDREAM

Yea thats solid! UT/FL are recruiting giants though.

14. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

We are having an up and down season, some big wins but also a couple hard losses. We should be playing for a Big 12 Title and hopefully we can come through with the win
    Taylor Martinez has been key in many of our victories, while he has struggled in the passing game at times he has also come up with some big plays on the ground. He and the play of our defensive line have been the keys to our success.
    The best game: winning on a last second field goal to a ranked Penn State team in Happy Valley
    The worst game: losing against Missouri, we just could not get anything going in the air or on the ground
    We are having a HUGE recruiting year. With 16 guys signed and 10 of those guys being Top 150 prospects, good things are to come at Nebraska in the future.
    Big 12 - Nebraska vs. Oklahoma - Of course I'm going with the Huskers!
    SEC - Georgia vs. LSU - I think the Tigers will prevail behind the passing game
    Most overlooked - Colorado Buffaloes, having played the Buffs first hand, I can assure you that Coach Maij will do big things in Boulder
    Most dangerous - Oklahoma, all I can say is we are going to have our hands full.
    Hopefully we will win the Big 12 Championship and be playing in a BCS Bowl. It will be a fun end to the season.