Z2H Weekly Interviews

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Zikry, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the first face 2 face segment of the year folks and today we have none other than the commish of the league, sabo911, with us to answer some questions.​
    1. How did the idea of this franchise arise? What was the appeal, in your eyes, to have owners "earn" those top coaching jobs in the nation rather than just being given the opportunity to get a BCS job right away?​
    2. We are now in season 4 of the franchise. How has the franchise grown from season 1? Is there anything that the owners here could do in order to make this franchise even better in your opinion?​
    3. Now onto your team news. This will be your second year as head coach of Texas Tech. How has this year's preseason been different from last years? What are your expectations from your team heading into this year?​
    4. Given that you have a year under your belt with this team, who should the rest of the country watch out for as your team's "surprise" player...It could be someone who you think should exceed his productivity from last year, or someone who maybe wasn't as productive last year who will come out and shock some of the people around the nation, especially in the Big 12.​
    5. Looking at your schedule, can you tell us about some of the "key" games that you have this year. Along with that, could you possibly highlight the game that you are looking most forward to this year.​
    Thanks Sabo!​

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

1. How did the idea of this franchise arise? What was the appeal, in your eyes, to have owners "earn" those top coaching jobs in the nation rather than just being given the opportunity to get a BCS job right away?

I have been running online franchises for as long as the option was available. The problem I always seen was finding quality players and a level of activity beyond the playing of the game. So once I ran across TF I knew this was a place to start a dynasty. I beleive that the forums add the "Fantasy" aspect to the game that makes each season fun. Well since ive began playing NCAA Football I have always thought it was better to build a program rather than use the traditional powerhouse team. The idea of the coaching contracts came from the TF Dynasty Evolution. I got with their commish and he gave me the go ahead to use the guidlines on contracts etc. I feel that having to earn your way is a great idea. When you build a team up to a power you usually get tired of them and lose interest. Thats why I loved the idea of coaching contracts becuase it gives the coaches a way to determine their own faith.

2. We are now in season 4 of the franchise. How has the franchise grown from season 1? Is there anything that the owners here could do in order to make this franchise even better in your opinion?
    From the begining of Z2H we have grown alot and in many ways. When we first started we had a very active group of guys. As everyone knows coaches come and coaches go. With that being said here in year 4 I really think that we have a collection of coaches who are going to stay the course. I have the up most confidence in all of the coaches in Z2H and am happy that they represent this dynasty. As for the second question there are always room for improvement. If we settled at a point where we thought we were coasting then the league would begin to be boring. If we as a dynasty continue to be active on the forums and create content then I see us making Z2H into a premier level dynasty in no time.

3. Now onto your team news. This will be your second year as head coach of Texas Tech. How has this year's preseason been different from last years? What are your expectations from your team heading into this year?
    Well im happy to be with the Red Raiders once again and im really excited about this season. Now that im coming off of a 9-4 season and a cotton bowl victory im sure that the fans around Lubbock are expecting only the best from me. I really think this is going to be the year that the Red Raiders make a run at the Big 12 title and possibly a bcs bowl birth.

4. Given that you have a year under your belt with this team, who should the rest of the country watch out for as your team's "surprise" player...It could be someone who you think should exceed his productivity from last year, or someone who maybe wasn't as productive last year who will come out and shock some of the people around the nation, especially in the Big 12.
    My team this year will be along the same lines last year as far as a balanced attack on offense. I expect great things from QB Scotty Young and HB Delans Griffin. My wide recievers this year will be dangerous as well. They are a very young and fast group of guys. My defensive coordinator says that the defense has came leaps and bounds from last year so we shall see on opening week.

5. Looking at your schedule, can you tell us about some of the "key" games that you have this year. Along with that, could you possibly highlight the game that you are looking most forward to this year.
    The Tech schedule this year is no joke. Some key games that really stick out to me are first our opening week trip to UTEP. UTEP is coming off a losing season and would love to make a name for themselves by taking us out in front of their home crowd. Week 2 we welcome the Gators from the SEC to Lubbock. Florida is sitting at #16 in the nation after bringing in a new coach Zikry. Florida is a national power and it will be a great test for us to go toe to toe with an SEC powerhouse. The rest of our schedule is a who's who in college football with Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma , Nebraska all on our plate. Not to mention a visit from the Irish of Notre Dame.

This season should be a true test to our offseason preparations. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and hope we talk again.

3. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Thanks for your answers sabo and I def look forward to our week 2 matchup!

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Z2H FACE TO FACE
    Brought to you by
    Zikry

5. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Week 4 Interview with Coach Nrg-qbz:

1) How has this year started out for you guys? Looks like you are going along quite well starting off with 3 wins on the trot. Has the team played up to your expectations till now?

2) You have a big game this week as you host #2 LSU. How do you see that game playing out?

3) What players have stood out to you this year? Any players that have surprised you by their production, or lack thereof?

4) What are the goals you hope to achieve at Miss State come season's end? How do you think you stack up in the SEC?

5) How have you enjoyed your time in Z2H? Is there anything you would change/like to see in order to make the franchise more enjoyable/better?

Thanks!!

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Week 4 Interview with Coach Nrg-qbz:

1) How has this year started out for you guys? Looks like you are going along quite well starting off with 3 wins on the trot. Has the team played up to your expectations till now?
    I am pleased with how our team has opened up the season. After a disappointing loss to Mississippi to end the regular season and then the dramatic defeat to Texas Tech in the Bowl Game, I am sure my boys were eager to come out and perform at a higher level. With Tyler Russell returning at the QB spot, I expected big things from our offense and they have not disappointed. The big question was whether we would have to score 40+ points every game in order to win. We really struggled with our defense last year. However, I have seen a different mentality on the defensive end. Guys are going after the ball and making smarter decisions during the heat of battle...I couldn't ask for better focus from our defense at this point.

2) You have a big game this week as you host #2 LSU. How do you see that game playing out?

As you know, last years game vs LSU was a disaster. They scored on a quick td throw followed by a pick-6 and then a fumble return for a TD...we only ran 1 offensive play and we were down 0-21. That was one of the most bizarre game I've ever been a part of. I know our guys have circled this game since training camp opened. As for myself, I have every game this season circled. However, I would be lying to you if I said this game means the same as all the other ones. With that being said, we are facing a huge dilemma. Our starting QB has been talked about as one of the top passers in the nation, but he went down in the last game and will be out for at least another month. We might have to run the ball more than I would like, but who knows, maybe the new QB will surprise us.

3) What players have stood out to you this year? Any players that have surprised you by their production, or lack thereof?

I have been very surprised with Tyler Russells play this season. Most QB's would be satisfied after the numbers he put up last season, but he has come back even more hungry than before. His decision making, accurate passes, and overall leadership has provided a big boost for our team. Losing him for the next month will really test our team's will to win, but I know that he'll do everything on the sideline to motive our guys.

4) What are the goals you hope to achieve at Miss State come season's end? How do you think you stack up in the SEC?

No doubt, I want to be the champs of the SEC. Playing in a major bowl game would be another goal. Some might say that we are reaching for the stars...but what's the point of playing if you aren't pushing yourself to be the best? We have the talent to do so, we just need to execute.

5) How have you enjoyed your time in Z2H? Is there anything you would change/like to see in order to make the franchise more enjoyable/better?

I'm on my 4th season of Z2H and is has been great. I started with Nevada before moving on to Mississippi State. I know most guys are probably against it, but I know that I would definitely prefer a 72 hour advance schedule. Work keeps me busy...in addition, being on the West Coast, I feel that I don't get enough time to play my games. But enough ranting! Z2H is awesome and I'm happy to be in a league where the commish is active and pushes everyone to be more on top of their stuff without being overbearing. :D

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

72 hour advances for the win!! Us west coast guys need some help ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.